Jewish women in London told "not to drive"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Jewish women in London told "not to drive"
(29-05-2015 03:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So a few weeks ago...I was in a parking lot, walking to my car and this middle eastern man was talking to another man. He was leaning against the car next to mine. I got in and started my car and kinda waited for him to move.

When he didn't I just started carefully backing out. He said loud enough I could hear him through the closed window...

"This is why we don't let our women drive"

I rolled down the window a little and replied, "oh so you won't move your fat ass and it's my problem?" yeah I'm snarky that way. Guess he was annoyed I interrupted his conversation.

I've seen them a couple times since. He sends his wife into the store while he waits talking on his cell and smoking cigarettes in the parking lot. The wife wears a full burka.

Fml

Good for you Moms, good for you! Thumbsup

Some studies indicate that women are better drivers than men.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/r...n-men.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 06:04 PM
(29-05-2015 04:23 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  ^

It's not telling women that they can't drive.

It's a religous sect telling women that if they do drive, their children will not be allowed to their religious institute; an independent school - which is a school that is independent in its finances and governance. This is not illegal.

People have the choice of not being part of that particular sect, and the choice of sending their children to a different school.

No, they mostly don't have any practical choice. Their husbands and communities will pressure them, probably ostracize them, and they are being coerced.

You haven't thought this through. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-05-2015, 06:06 PM
(29-05-2015 03:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So a few weeks ago...I was in a parking lot, walking to my car and this middle eastern man was talking to another man. He was leaning against the car next to mine. I got in and started my car and kinda waited for him to move.

When he didn't I just started carefully backing out. He said loud enough I could hear him through the closed window...

"This is why we don't let our women drive"

I rolled down the window a little and replied, "oh so you won't move your fat ass and it's my problem?" yeah I'm snarky that way. Guess he was annoyed I interrupted his conversation.

I've seen them a couple times since. He sends his wife into the store while he waits talking on his cell and smoking cigarettes in the parking lot. The wife wears a full burka.

Fml

Maybe you could run him over? Consider

29-05-2015, 06:07 PM
(29-05-2015 12:35 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  They are within their rights as an independent religious organisation to set criteria for becoming a student in their institute - and that criteria can rightfully derive basis from their particular view of woo.

*those criteria -or- that criterion

31-05-2015, 12:22 PM
I sorta agree with Gilgamesh. Jews in the UK are pretty integrated into mainstream society. I realize this is a fringe sect that probably exercises an unhealthy amount of control over the lives of that community but being part of that sect is a choice. And, if you choose to join, these are the rules.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user