Jill Stein

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 06:00 AM
RE: Jill Stein
(14-06-2016 05:16 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Yes. I trust her with the nuclear codes. I trust her to dismantle our nuclear aresenal.
Why would you want that to happen? The invention of nuclear weapons allowed us to have lasting peace between the nations who possess them. You need only look at Ukraine, a country which surrendered its nuclear arsenal willingly, to understand this.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-06-2016, 06:47 AM
We don't have enough commonalities to have a discussion.
14-06-2016, 07:18 AM
(13-06-2016 07:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I'm always amused by the fantasy of a third party president with a two-party congress.

What exactly do you think will come of that?

Well if it's Gary Johnson, you can think a lot of vetos will come of that.

If it's a Green party movement it's likely just gonna be attempting to drag more democrat party lines or arguments against them to pull them to accept more "natural" platforms or alter the medicine, conservation, energy platforms more often.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-06-2016, 08:01 AM
You put natural in quotations. What are you claiming the Green Party's "natural" platform is?
14-06-2016, 08:06 AM
(14-06-2016 08:01 AM)ImFred Wrote:  You put natural in quotations. What are you claiming the Green Party's "natural" platform is?

It's deliberately all the things listed above and elsewhere on their platform pages. Their movement of aversion in terms of fear and natural essences to distrust an more open movement towards expansive scientific fields in crops, energy(nuclear) holistic, and alternative means based on supposedly and proclaimed natural purposes. Yet it's just a misnomer of a bit too high reflection of purity as a moral value for my liking.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-06-2016, 09:43 AM
I feel like you're stereotyping Stein.

I'm not saying it's not rooted in truth but unless you can give me an exact quote from Stein herself that's more convincing that what is already in this thread I'm going to maintain that she's a lot more sensible than you think.

I know she a is Green but, for me, I'm interested in her specific platform.

But first let me say I think she's wrong about GMO's needing a moratorium. And also don't think nuclear power should be totally taken off the table. Now, if you say her stances on GMO's and nuclear power are enough to make your point then that's fair. It's not enough to steer me away from her though. So it may be a matter of us drawing the line at different places. In that case, I respect where you're coming from.
02-11-2016, 11:45 AM
I voted early. I live in Florida (God help me!). And I know how important Florida is to keep Trump out but I still voted for Jill Stein. I mentioned in another thread that I'm a teacher. To me, Hillary and the people who support her are a part of an oppressive, privileged, insider, ugly capitalist power structure that over time has profoundly hurt my psychological well-being. Common Core, attacks on pain management clinics, insisting teachers fall into a very predictable mold and calling it accountability, her hawkish foreign policy positions, her obvious belief that it's right for America to be on the top end of a world status heirarchy that gives us the supposed moral high ground to police the world, she's the kind of person you see coming out of church or in some trendy yuppie restaurant all smug and you just want to knock her teeth out. People like her have been fucking up my life for years. If Trump brings on a nuclear apocalypse at least we can get on with it.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-11-2016, 11:50 AM
If he wins at least we'lol know who to blame. Tongue

I actually dismissed Stein when I found the album she made...

No, actually I dismissed her before I found the "music" on YouTube.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-11-2016, 12:01 PM
lol

Yeah I heard some of that

It really is embarrassing

I probably should have done what I usually do just not vote. I wanted to vote for medical marijuana though. And then I just got possessed with Hillary Hatery.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-11-2016, 01:21 PM
(02-11-2016 11:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If he wins at least we'lol know who to blame. Tongue

I actually dismissed Stein when I found the album she made...

No, actually I dismissed her before I found the "music" on YouTube.

Second someone says they gotta mixtape you run outta there

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post