Job Offer Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: Job Offer Questions
"A minimum wage of $4.25 per hour applies to young workers under the age of 20 during their first 90 consecutive calendar days of employment with an employer, as long as their work does not displace other workers. After 90 consecutive days of employment or the employee reaches 20 years of age, whichever comes first, the employee must receive a minimum wage of $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009."

According to the US Department of Labor it's legal.

Oh and Jeffasarus, I'm pretty sure it's private.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 09:40 PM
(18-03-2014 07:40 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  "A minimum wage of $4.25 per hour applies to young workers under the age of 20 during their first 90 consecutive calendar days of employment with an employer, as long as their work does not displace other workers. After 90 consecutive days of employment or the employee reaches 20 years of age, whichever comes first, the employee must receive a minimum wage of $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009."

According to the US Department of Labor it's legal.

Oh and Jeffasarus, I'm pretty sure it's private.

What the fuck?! That's crazy. I've never heard of such nonsense.

18-03-2014, 10:10 PM
You're the goddam valedictorian of your fucking school! Goddam run with that shit bitch! Girly did!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
19-03-2014, 03:16 AM
"as long as their work does not displace other workers."

Is the job a standard job or an extra job? Because if the pool has X amount of life guards as standard than they can't pull this shit because you're displacing (aka replacing) another life guard.
If they want to pay you below minimum wage than my guess is that they're not hiring extra life guards (because they're cheap) and they're trying to pull this shit (by saying this clause applies to you when it doesn't) to save money.

It just screams dodgy behavior. I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. You could probably actually report it to your commerce department that deals with sketchy business practices.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-03-2014, 03:44 PM
(18-03-2014 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You're the goddam valedictorian of your fucking school! Goddam run with that shit bitch! Girly did!

*Salutatorian

And I just called them and said I found something else. Even if it's perfectly legal, I quit my last job because the boss did shady things. I don't want to go work at another shady business.
[+] 2 users Like southernbelle's post