Job interview tomorrow: pretending I know shit when I don't

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 02:26 AM
RE: Job interview tomorrow: pretending I know shit when I don't
If they call for a second interview, I guess the fair thing to do is not waste their time and let them know. As long as you are certain. Minimal stress is often a factor for many.

Personally, I'm into throwing myself shamelessly into the abyss. I'm perfectly fine... as long as I land near my usual spot in the gutter. Wink

But hey, if they do call... that's confidence right there and something to build on for the next one!! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 07:20 AM
(09-04-2013 09:18 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If I get a call saying I'm hired, I'm going to politely refuse. To get down to it, it doesn't matter what gender I am, if a customer is upset and wants their money back and can't keep their cool, yelling is going to be had. If I'm a customer representative, I need to know the product and what's wrong with it and it's not a good move to hire someone who doesn't know most of the products they sell.

Still, I'm glad for the opportunity to have my first interview in awhile.

Will keep you folks updated on my jobsearch. Thumbsup

Are you quite sure you are being truthful to yourself?

I have taken jobs which I knew to be a challenge. These usually turned out well despite the initial discomfort.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 09:03 AM
(10-04-2013 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Are you quite sure you are being truthful to yourself?

I have taken jobs which I knew to be a challenge. These usually turned out well despite the initial discomfort.
What makes you ask that Chas?

I'll respond the best I can:

The Manager was up-front that there was very little training to be given. He bounced from saying weekends and Monday on the phone to weekends Mondays full days and 3 hour shifts during random days of the week. "Trial by fire" isn't what I'm wanting to face for a first job, but those were the words he used.

But those are all things outside of myself.

Yes, it's been a while since I've had a job. I do like challenges, but as a first job I'm looking for part-time that trains well and doesn't have me running the risk of encountering a disgruntled customer constantly - my adrenaline glands suffer enough as it is. That and I'm soon to be going to College.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
(10-04-2013 09:03 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Are you quite sure you are being truthful to yourself?

What makes you ask that Chas?

The Manager was up-front that there was very little training to be given. He bounced from saying weekends and Monday on the phone to weekends Mondays full days and 3 hour shifts during random days of the week. "Trial by fire" isn't what I'm wanting to face for a first job, but those were the words he used.

Yes, it's been a while since I've had a job. I do like challenges, but as a first job I'm looking for part-time that trains well and doesn't have me running the risk of encountering a disgruntled customer constantly - my adrenaline glands suffer enough as it is. That and I'm soon to be going to College.

People react to challenges in different ways. You have determined you don't need this kind of thing in your life right now.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 09:27 AM
(10-04-2013 09:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 09:03 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  What makes you ask that Chas?

People react to challenges in different ways. You have determined you don't need this kind of thing in your life right now.

The specific 'challenge' of taking that specific job has too many warning signs attached to it.

I'm guessing you're not saying I'm not up to challenges in general. Drinking Beverage

10-04-2013, 09:38 AM
(10-04-2013 09:27 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 09:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  People react to challenges in different ways. You have determined you don't need this kind of thing in your life right now.

The specific 'challenge' of taking that specific job has too many warning signs attached to it.

I'm guessing you're not saying I'm not up to challenges in general. Drinking Beverage

You deal with me and the other people here, and that is a challenge all in itself.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
10-04-2013, 09:41 AM
(10-04-2013 09:38 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 09:27 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The specific 'challenge' of taking that specific job has too many warning signs attached to it.

You deal with me and the other people here, and that is a challenge all in itself.

I would be so rich if that were a payed job. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
10-04-2013, 09:49 AM
(10-04-2013 09:41 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 09:38 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You deal with me and the other people here, and that is a challenge all in itself.

I would be so rich if that were a payed job. Tongue

True dat. Thumbsup

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]