Job search resources.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Job search resources.
I started to listen to the Phil Ferguson show after hearing about it on a podcast here. I find the information to be easy to understand and helpful. Because of his information, I have already made some changes that seem to have some positive returns.

I have traveled around and been in a few different atheist/secular groups and one great thing about this community is the mix of people from all walks of life. I have also been very impressed by how giving people are in these communities and that many of these communities are trying hard to get more activities going.

One issue I have seen is many people are not financially comfortable and have a hard time paying their bills let alone being able to give to charities or go one special activity the group wants to do. I know in some places secular people have to be hidden or careful about their beliefs and this can make getting a job harder as you can’t list some of your volunteer activity and organizations.

Is there are good resources out there on how to search for a job, how to apply for a job, and how to do the interview? Something to help people navigate any questions about activates and what can and can’t be asked during an interview?

I would like to get this with a few other things about how to handle your finances better to help people able to be more financially secure and also have extra money to donate to charity and to join the group for activities.

Thank you

David Ockert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Job search resources.
G'day David, and welcome. Smile

Living in Australia, I can't offer you any practical advice—assuming you live in the US.

I know here that legislation bans certain questions being demanded in a job application, or at any interview: Sexuality, religion, age, gender self-description, politics, marital status, number of children, living arrangements, home ownership, height and weight, and disabilities (other than those directly impinging on your ability to carry out the job tasks).

Each and every question must be solely and directly related to your intended employment, and/or your past employment.

Hope this helps.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply