Jobs Without a Time Clock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: Jobs Without a Time Clock
(11-07-2012 12:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I actually would be more inclined to write about my experiences than to do stand-up. I'm truly only witty half the time. Yes, I am a half-wit. So writing allows me to come up with something clever that I may not be able to do so well extemporaneously.

Hmm... your writing doesn't have to be funny... some of you probably isn't funny. Doesn't have to be clever either, just honest.

Chuck Palahniuk got into a local creative writing group loooong before he ever wrote anything like Fight Club. He would go to the group weekly and they would sit around and read and discuss what each had written during the week. Some would only have a few lines of a thought while others might have a couple of pieces of a prose poem they thought about developing. Just writing down and sharing those bits and pieces helped him and others get their writing together. It wasn't just about his writing, it was also bouncing his ideas off others... others who were in the same boat, doing the same thing. Interesting thing; well into his 3rd or 4th very successful novel, he still went to the same group... haven't kept up with him much so who knows, he still might attend. Nope, doubtful - he does a lot of book touring which I think gives him that similar kind of feedback. But you get the point.

Maybe try a creative writing class, group, or at the very least, forum... or start your own blog - maybe on tumblr and invite feedback.
- OR - once again, if there's an open mic night, a poetry slam might be something in their vocabulary... no, shit doesn't have to rhyme... and of course, if you really suck at it, you can become a songwriter. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow Hey remember that one time Ferdinand 299 5,506 26-06-2014 12:27 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Im doing another one this time with Metazoa Zeke 33 842 03-04-2014 05:57 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  If ever I needed your help, now is the time! Caveman 10 152 30-03-2014 07:38 AM
Last Post: Caveman
  First time fostering a dog Bows and Arrows 5 83 29-03-2014 04:48 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2 - TIME pizzaqueen 13 518 20-02-2014 05:40 AM
Last Post: ELK12695
  Turkish actor slows down time ELK12695 3 251 22-01-2014 10:48 AM
Last Post: The Germans are coming
Star Time to get my stuff together Adrianime 30 417 19-01-2014 01:43 AM
Last Post: Adrianime