Jobs for a introvert with social anxiety.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 02:41 AM
Jobs for a introvert with social anxiety.
Anyone have any job recommendations for someone who is bad around strangers and likes to be by himself? Hard to find these days. I thought abut driving for Lyft or Uber but idk how I'd handle that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2016, 04:13 AM
RE: Jobs for a introvert with social anxiety.
Maybe something with computers? Or a night auditor? Or an overnight counselor? Maybe a psychologist, where you are only dealing with one or two people at a time? A work at home position of some sort? A dog walker or professional house sitter. A writer? An archivist? Some type of repair person--electrician, plumber etc. where you are only dealing with a few people at once and dealing mostly with fixing things. An occupational therapist (again only dealing with one person at a time). Truck driver?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-11-2016, 04:18 AM
(26-11-2016 04:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe something with computers? Or a night auditor? Or an overnight counselor? Maybe a psychologist, where you are only dealing with one or two people at a time? A work at home position of some sort? A dog walker or professional house sitter. A writer? An archivist? Some type of repair person--electrician, plumber etc. where you are only dealing with a few people at once and dealing mostly with fixing things. An occupational therapist (again only dealing with one person at a time). Truck driver?

Ok relax a second.

Most of those require either a degree or previous experience. I would love to work at home but it's difficult to find something I could do at home.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-11-2016, 04:31 AM
Too bad the Coast Guard automated all the light houses....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-11-2016, 04:33 AM
(26-11-2016 04:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Too bad the Coast Guard automated all the light houses....................

That would be amazing

26-11-2016, 04:35 AM
(26-11-2016 04:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Too bad the Coast Guard automated all the light houses....................

That would be amazing

The downside -- a good share of the lighthouse keepers died from mercury poisoning..... The light mechanism floated on a pool of mercury making it a near frictionless bearing...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-11-2016, 04:37 AM
(26-11-2016 04:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:33 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  That would be amazing

The downside -- a good share of the lighthouse keepers died from mercury poisoning..... The light mechanism floated on a pool of mercury making it a near frictionless bearing...

Worth it for the view and lack of other people

26-11-2016, 04:56 AM
(26-11-2016 04:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:13 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe something with computers? Or a night auditor? Or an overnight counselor? Maybe a psychologist, where you are only dealing with one or two people at a time? A work at home position of some sort? A dog walker or professional house sitter. A writer? An archivist? Some type of repair person--electrician, plumber etc. where you are only dealing with a few people at once and dealing mostly with fixing things. An occupational therapist (again only dealing with one person at a time). Truck driver?

Ok relax a second.

Most of those require either a degree or previous experience. I would love to work at home but it's difficult to find something I could do at home.

Okay didn't know you didn't want to get a degree. Truck driver doesn't require a degree, just a truck driving school. Electrician or plumber would be at a trade school. Sometimes you gotta put a little effort in to get what you want. It would be great if things just fell into our lap, but unfortunately it doesn't always work that way Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-11-2016, 05:06 AM
(26-11-2016 02:41 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anyone have any job recommendations for someone who is bad around strangers and likes to be by himself? Hard to find these days. I thought abut driving for Lyft or Uber but idk how I'd handle that.

Commercial cleaning. It's always in demand, and you typically work while the business/school/company/etc is closed to the public (except of course Hospital cleaning).

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2016, 05:29 AM
(26-11-2016 04:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Ok relax a second.

Okay didn't know you didn't want to get a degree. Truck driver doesn't require a degree, just a truck driving school. Electrician or plumber would be at a trade school. Sometimes you gotta put a little effort in to get what you want. It would be great if things just fell into our lap, but unfortunately it doesn't always work that way Wink

If I wanted to get a degree I would be getting one by now lol and no of course not but it just sucks most of the work that doesn't require some type of degree or experience is work requiring a lot of social interaction like fast food.

(26-11-2016 05:06 AM)Aractus Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 02:41 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anyone have any job recommendations for someone who is bad around strangers and likes to be by himself? Hard to find these days. I thought abut driving for Lyft or Uber but idk how I'd handle that.

Commercial cleaning. It's always in demand, and you typically work while the business/school/company/etc is closed to the public (except of course Hospital cleaning).

Tried at a few places, especially the local movie theater(employees get free tickets) but so far nothing has panned out