Jobs for a introvert with social anxiety.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: Jobs for a introvert with social anxiety.
If you find it easy to learn highly technical vocabulary in some field -- medicine, law, business -- and can type fast with good grammar and spelling, consider the kind of work I do: Transcription. You work from recordings (either a tape recorder or a digital system) and just type what you hear. I interact with co-workers in the office but don't have any contact with the public.

The downside, and it's a fairly major one, is that it's an extremely sedentary kind of work and you need to take regular walks and stretch breaks to keep your legs healthy.

The good thing is that you get to learn a lot about the field you're working in.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2016, 02:54 AM
(27-11-2016 02:31 AM)Astreja Wrote:  If you find it easy to learn highly technical vocabulary in some field -- medicine, law, business -- and can type fast with good grammar and spelling, consider the kind of work I do: Transcription. You work from recordings (either a tape recorder or a digital system) and just type what you hear. I interact with co-workers in the office but don't have any contact with the public.

The downside, and it's a fairly major one, is that it's an extremely sedentary kind of work and you need to take regular walks and stretch breaks to keep your legs healthy.

The good thing is that you get to learn a lot about the field you're working in.

My typing is ok but probably not on par with what would be needed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
27-11-2016, 01:27 PM
anything in delivery, because it mostly implies being in your car and driving, so you don't have to talk much.

I would say the perfect job for an introvert is programming. I'm a programmer and telecommuter, sometimes I don't talk to anybody at work for days, even weeks.
But, yes, you have to learn it, and except if you have collaborated with some open source project to prove your skill, a degree would be necessary to get a job.

Anyway, I know it seems comfortable to find a job with very few social contacts if you're an introvert, but it can really make matters worse : once you're in the comfort zone, it will be more difficult to overcome your anxiety when you really have to (like an appoitement somewhere, seminar, etc). Not saying you should find a job involving social contacts, just saying that a job involving no social contact at all can have a negative effect on you on the long term.

Anyway, good luck with it, hope you'll find something that suits you !
[+] 2 users Like Sturm's post
27-11-2016, 02:07 PM
I can vouch for overnight security guard. Mobile or stationary. Time will fly and you will keep yourself healthy with all the tasks you have to do, at least as a mobile officer, and perhaps you will get paid a little extra for working nights too. You meet very few people as well.
[+] 3 users Like Troxny's post
27-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Mortuary/morgue worker......

The verticals might still be problematic ---

But the horizontals are easy people to get along with....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-12-2016, 11:52 PM
I have an interview for an overnight janitor at the local movie theater tomorrow. I am nervous/excited, it is a job both my grandmother and father have done.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
07-12-2016, 02:01 AM
Good luck JD. I know I'm a little late to the thread, but have you also considered freight train driver?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
07-12-2016, 02:04 AM
(07-12-2016 02:01 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Good luck JD. I know I'm a little late to the thread, but have you also considered freight train driver?

Thanks and no, wouldn't even know where to begin with that.

07-12-2016, 02:06 AM
(07-12-2016 02:01 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Good luck JD. I know I'm a little late to the thread, but have you also considered freight train driver?

What's his name?

Hang on, is this a dating thread? Consider

J mate I have no idea what it is you can, will or want to do. You do though. Maybe go after that?

I have learned something about myself. I cannot speak for anyone else.

I practiced not being an introvert and succeeded. So it can be overcome by myself. I had no choice due to my chosen field.

I await to see what is to come.

Good luck. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-12-2016, 05:36 AM
(06-12-2016 11:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I have an interview for an overnight janitor at the local movie theater tomorrow. I am nervous/excited, it is a job both my grandmother and father have done.

Good luck!
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post