Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard
This makes me so angry. What an asshole. He didn't open his mega church doors for the people suffering in the Houston flood until he was prodded. People like this make me sick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts...2380888953

[Image: ronpearlyman-1.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-08-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard
Not that I have any great respect for Osteen, but there are two sides to this one from what I can see, and it's not clear to me that it's that simple of a story. My understanding is they've opened the doors before, the church has flooded in the past, and first floor is where they could accommodate people, etc. I don't know that the claims and counterclaims will die down and sort out until well after this disaster winds down, so I'm not jumping in to this particular mob scene just yet.

I have to admit though, I saw a parody news site (not the Onion, can't remember the URL but the site was called "The Babylon Bee") that was pretty funny. They photoshopped a yacht into flooded Houston, with the name The Blessing on it, and said Osteen was cruising around, shouting encouragement and positive thinking from a bullhorn while tossing free copies of his latest book to people drifting by clinging to floating logs.

This is TERRIBLY tempting to go along with, but let's wait to see what the actual facts are.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
30-08-2017, 07:25 PM
I love it.

Hellboy gives Osteen a hearty " fuck you!!"

Right on Red!!

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-08-2017, 02:19 AM
If I owned an incredibly luxurious mega church, I wouldn't want filthy beggars fucking it up either. That being said, Joel Osteen seems like a genuinely nice guy. I like him.
31-08-2017, 05:53 AM
I have no love for Joel Osteen, but I'm not so ready to condemn him for this reluctance to open his church...for business reasons, any more then I would condemn Walmart for deciding not to open up their warehouses or mega-stores as a shelters.

The thing that annoys me the most about people's reaction to things that churches do is that they still have it in their head that churches are some sort of morally & ethically founded organizations. Joel made a business decision not a moral "man of the cloth" type decision , churches are a business . The more people begin to see them this way the better off we'll all be.

Ana from the Young Turks also makes a really good point here:

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
31-08-2017, 06:50 AM
The thing that annoys me the most about people's reaction to things that churches do is that they still have it in their head that churches are some sort of morally & ethically founded organizations. Joel made a business decision not a moral "man of the cloth" type decision , churches are a business . The more people begin to see them this way the better off we'll all be.

YES.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
31-08-2017, 07:09 AM
(31-08-2017 02:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  If I owned an incredibly luxurious mega church, I wouldn't want filthy beggars fucking it up either. That being said, Joel Osteen seems like a genuinely nice guy. I like him.

Troll much ?
31-08-2017, 07:19 AM
(31-08-2017 07:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 02:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  If I owned an incredibly luxurious mega church, I wouldn't want filthy beggars fucking it up either. That being said, Joel Osteen seems like a genuinely nice guy. I like him.

Troll much ?

That's my honest opinion.
31-08-2017, 07:21 AM
(31-08-2017 07:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Troll much ?

That's my honest opinion.

Seriously ? Shocking
31-08-2017, 07:22 AM
(31-08-2017 07:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  That's my honest opinion.

Seriously ? Shocking

Yeah. People only give him shit because they're jealous of him, typical human scum behavior.