Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2017, 07:55 AM
RE: Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard
(31-08-2017 07:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:47 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  That's asking a lot. You just sound selfish. If you don't like the way things are, how about you stop complaining and do something about it?

And you sound like a cunt.

I was only thinking earlier today that what we need here is a cunt emoji. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
31-08-2017, 07:58 AM
(31-08-2017 07:55 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You don't care about humans.

And

Humans don't care about you.

Zark off.

Gee, a race of primitive, stupid, selfish fucks doesn't care about me. How will I ever survive?

Here's a quarter Zoolax. Call your planet and ask somebody who gives a tentacled fuck.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
31-08-2017, 08:05 AM
While Joel's going through his saga, the mosques of Houston are all open as shelters, as is a furniture store operated by a Catholic guy who felt he needed to help others with what he had.

(31-08-2017 02:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  If I owned an incredibly luxurious mega church, I wouldn't want filthy beggars fucking it up either.

Somehow I'm betting if some bloodied Jewish man came to the door, if you had a megachurch, you'd turn him away, lest his feet stain the carpet.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
31-08-2017, 08:18 AM
(31-08-2017 08:05 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  While Joel's going through his saga, the mosques of Houston are all open as shelters, as is a furniture store operated by a Catholic guy who felt he needed to help others with what he had.

(31-08-2017 02:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  If I owned an incredibly luxurious mega church, I wouldn't want filthy beggars fucking it up either.

Somehow I'm betting if some bloodied Jewish man came to the door, if you had a megachurch, you'd turn him away, lest his feet stain the carpet.

I saw a segment about Jim McIngvale on the news last night. He said he was no hero, but I would say otherwise. He's making a big sacrifice, since this is keeping him from any kind of normal business and using up his stock of new matresses. I hope he can get a good tax write-off for his losses, and that people will give him lots of their business when the emergency is over. There really are good people in the world, and he's what they look like. Yes
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
31-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard
ThinkProgress had this pithy comment:

Megachurch pastor Joel Osteen has finally opened the door to his massive Lakewood Church facility for those seeking shelter in Houston. The church explained that the delay in responding was because the city didn’t ask them directly for help. As framed by scripture, “Am I my brother’s keeper when not directly asked by local government officials?”
[+] 4 users Like Rachel's post
31-08-2017, 09:12 AM
(31-08-2017 05:53 AM)unsapien Wrote:  I have no love for Joel Osteen, but I'm not so ready to condemn him for this reluctance to open his church...for business reasons, any more then I would condemn Walmart for deciding not to open up their warehouses or mega-stores as a shelters.

The thing that annoys me the most about people's reaction to things that churches do is that they still have it in their head that churches are some sort of morally & ethically founded organizations. Joel made a business decision not a moral "man of the cloth" type decision , churches are a business . The more people begin to see them this way the better off we'll all be.

Ana from the Young Turks also makes a really good point here:

(31-08-2017 05:53 AM)unsapien Wrote:  .... but I'm not so ready to condemn him for this reluctance to open his church...for business reasons, any more then I would condemn Walmart for deciding not to open up their warehouses or mega-stores as a shelters.

If he's running it like a business then he needs to be TAXED like other businesses! There should be some law that taxes churches if there are more than 500 parishioners or some other such criteria. I know that's off topic from the thread but this needs to happen.

His stadium-church is over 600,000 square feet. If people dirty up his stadium with their wet clothes and shoes he could sell a couple of his Rolex watches to pay for some of it, maybe his yacht too.

Poor baby, he'd have to suffer a little without those watches and a yacht. Gee wiz. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-08-2017, 09:18 AM
People only give him shit for selfish reasons. It's disgusting to witness.
31-08-2017, 09:27 AM
(31-08-2017 09:18 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  People only give him shit for selfish reasons. It's disgusting to witness.

People only give him shit because he's selfish or for their own personally selfish reasons? Might want to make that clear.

Not sure what is hard to grasp here. A religious man, (who's religion does have things to say about helping thine fellow man), who owns a GIANT FUCKING CHURCH won't open it to people who are literally dying during a hurricane?

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
31-08-2017, 09:31 AM
(31-08-2017 09:27 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 09:18 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  People only give him shit for selfish reasons. It's disgusting to witness.

People only give him shit because he's selfish or for their own personally selfish reasons? Might want to make that clear.

Not sure what is hard to grasp here. A religious man, (who's religion does have things to say about helping thine fellow man), who owns a GIANT FUCKING CHURCH won't open it to people who are literally dying during a hurricane?

But it's not about that, is it? No, it's not about that. At all. It's all about you, and how you feel things should have gone. It has nothing to do with morality, since you don't even know what morality is.
31-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Here is a fairly-written article which appears to contain the known facts up to this point in time:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lauraturner/peo...oel-osteen

I think it's also accurate in pointing out that Osteen gets lots of criticism both from fellow evangelicals and from former / non-evangelicals. It is not, as Angra suggests, totally explainable as jealousy or sour grapes; it's also resentment for evangelical support of Trump and Trumpian policies and practices, push-back about Prosperity Gospel teachings and televangelism, and other factors. I don't know what Osteen's position even is on political matters, if any, so am not sure he should be taking the guilt-by-association heat for that necessarily. As before -- I await more facts.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post