Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Joel Osteen, that selfish bastard
(31-08-2017 08:18 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  I saw a segment about Jim McIngvale on the news last night. He said he was no hero, but I would say otherwise. He's making a big sacrifice, since this is keeping him from any kind of normal business and using up his stock of new matresses.

Agreed- surely not familiar to anyone not in this area, but this guy has a long rep of being a legit good guy. You can be super rich and somehow not be an asshole, yay!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
31-08-2017, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2017 03:25 PM by adey67.)
(31-08-2017 01:40 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 10:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I too enjoy flexing debate muscles and the good thing about Angra SV and Theophilus are that they're not too bright so for a beginner like me they're perfect.

This Angra seems to be light work for anyone at any level. You won the match with your first reply, "Troll much?" Game over.

He did catch me out with the " I'm suicidal" posts in another thread, but then I'd prefer to be made a dick out of than anything happen to anyone for real not that there's much any one random dude could do online anyway, should have realised it was a set up though.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-09-2017, 09:38 PM
First off you have to realize that Mr. Osteen can do no wrong in the eyes of his congregation or "followers",so he really doesn't have anything to lose by waiting to finally open his doors. I would bet if he even came out and said this was judgement on the city of Houston that he would only get backlash from his haters. I being a Christian don't particularly like to "judge" others without having at least gotten a chance to know them,so I can only go by what I see of him on TV. There is nothing wrong with smiling a lot,but there is also a real dark side to this same God we believe in. Since HE never changes even if Christ made a way for us all. Seems to me that Osteen is representing the New Testament version only,at best. At worst he is a motivational speaker who happens to be a Christian. I really don't care what he teaches or says either way, it's all very annoying to me regardless.
If I were one of those victims I might even refuse to step foot in his mega "sanctuary" out of protest alone for what it all basically represents. But then I would probably be all by my lonesome if that were the case...so be it.

~"Can thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
"Can thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? Or can thou guide Arcturus with his sons?"
{Job-38:31-32}
[+] 1 user Likes Dwalker47's post
03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
I can easily imagine him saying to people.

"I prayed and prayed to god about this and every time, he said NO. For hours I begged him to change his mind, but still he told me to keep the doors closed.
He has a plan and I'm not as wise as he is. I have to trust that this is the best course to take, no matter how much my human mind may disagree, in the end, I must obey god's word."

His followers would fucking eat that shit up.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
03-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Nurse! I see you skulking about liking my shit, glad to see your still about lass. Love ya, hope everything is going OK for you!

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
04-09-2017, 11:37 AM
(03-09-2017 07:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I can easily imagine him saying to people.

"I prayed and prayed to god about this and every time, he said NO. For hours I begged him to change his mind, but still he told me to keep the doors closed.
He has a plan and I'm not as wise as he is. I have to trust that this is the best course to take, no matter how much my human mind may disagree, in the end, I must obey god's word."

That really doesn't sound like something he would say. Have you ever heard him speak?
04-09-2017, 12:26 PM
(02-09-2017 09:38 PM)Dwalker47 Wrote:  First off you have to realize that Mr. Osteen can do no wrong in the eyes of his congregation or "followers",so he really doesn't have anything to lose by waiting to finally open his doors. I would bet if he even came out and said this was judgement on the city of Houston that he would only get backlash from his haters. I being a Christian don't particularly like to "judge" others without having at least gotten a chance to know them,so I can only go by what I see of him on TV. There is nothing wrong with smiling a lot,but there is also a real dark side to this same God we believe in. Since HE never changes even if Christ made a way for us all. Seems to me that Osteen is representing the New Testament version only,at best. At worst he is a motivational speaker who happens to be a Christian. I really don't care what he teaches or says either way, it's all very annoying to me regardless.
If I were one of those victims I might even refuse to step foot in his mega "sanctuary" out of protest alone for what it all basically represents. But then I would probably be all by my lonesome if that were the case...so be it.

*waves* Hello fellow theist.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2017, 01:09 PM
(04-09-2017 11:37 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I can easily imagine him saying to people.

That really doesn't sound like something he would say. Have you ever heard him speak?

Yes, unfortunately, I have heard him talk. He's a self righteous, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, smiling used car salesman type who suck up gullible people like you to pay for his castle, private jet, limos and yacht. He's a disgusting individual.

[Image: IMG_2705.jpg]

[Image: 11201161_10153323846141789_3294714431631256989_o.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_oveueepmbe1r5twus_540.png?fit=540%2C318]

Why the hell do I even work when I could start a religion and make millions from the poor, the gullible and those so terrified of death that they need to believe a fairy story to get through the day. Geesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-09-2017, 01:10 PM
(04-09-2017 01:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 11:37 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  That really doesn't sound like something he would say. Have you ever heard him speak?

Yes, unfortunately, I have heard him talk. He's a self righteous, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, smiling used car salesman type who suck up gullible people like you to pay for his castle, private jet, limos and yacht. He's a disgusting individual.

Why the hell do I even work when I could start a religion and make millions from the poor, the gullible and those so terrified of death that they need to believe a fairy story to get through the day. Geesh!

You're so bitter/jealous
04-09-2017, 01:14 PM
(04-09-2017 01:10 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 01:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes, unfortunately, I have heard him talk. He's a self righteous, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, smiling used car salesman type who suck up gullible people like you to pay for his castle, private jet, limos and yacht. He's a disgusting individual.

You're so bitter/jealous

No. Unlike Osteen, I have morals.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.