John Boehner's resignation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: John Boehner's resignation
(26-09-2015 05:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 05:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't see how they got more votes. what numbers I have to look at and add that I can see what you see?

add all the totals together. Total votes from Dems Total votes for Repubs.
I don't really want to add all those numbers, so, I guess I will just trust you on that.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2015, 09:08 AM
(26-09-2015 09:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 04:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  can you explain to me please how do they do exactly gerrymandering?

This video provides a theoretical view of how gerrymandering occurs and works.

This website provides discussion on gerrymandering in the US, and provides a few case examples.

http://politicsandpolicy.org/article/ger...tics-local

Thank you, this is interesting info. I have never heard about gerrymandering.
I am always glad to learn something new. So, thanks again.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-09-2015, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 10:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-09-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 04:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  A larger portion of the country wants the government to run and not be shut down over some clearly altered videos.
I am not so sure about it. We had government shutdown and after that Rinos got both house and senate (in 2014). Conservatives were happy Rinos were fighting(at least they tried their best) and conservatives gave them victory, we have more Republicans in the house and senate.
You don't know the truth and I don't know the truth about what really is going on behind the walls of PP. That is why PP has to be investigated and while it is investigated we can fund other good women's health clinics.

Yes we DO know what is going on at PP, you idiot. Poor women are getting healthcare. They FAKED the videos, and they admit it. I KNOW nurses who audit them for Ca State programs. They are good people, doing good things. The Republicans ORCHESTRATED this bullshit in a planned way, with a PLAN to shut down the government over the issue of abortion. They DID IT ON PURPOSE, you fucktard. Boehner wanted no part in the huge fucking mess which will ensue in Washington in the next few weeks. He wimped out. He is a coward. He doesn't want to stand up to the conservative insane religious NUTS who now comprise the base of what has, sadly, become the Republican Party. Putting YOUR head in the sand, and saying "Oh, oh. we don't know" is crap. We DO KNOW, and it's not what they claimed it was. They WANT to reverse Roe v Wade. That's what this is about. EVERY political fact-check organization agrees it was a series of fake, planned videos, assembled to make them look bad. You are a fool Alla. (But we already know that).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-09-2015, 10:08 AM
(26-09-2015 10:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At least it means we'll have a clean short-term bill to continue to fund the government with no mention of Planned Parenthood.

I doubt that very much. I think this makes a shut down more likely, not less likely.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-09-2015, 10:13 AM
(27-09-2015 09:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am not so sure about it. We had government shutdown and after that Rinos got both house and senate (in 2014). Conservatives were happy Rinos were fighting(at least they tried their best) and conservatives gave them victory, we have more Republicans in the house and senate.
You don't know the truth and I don't know the truth about what really is going on behind the walls of PP. That is why PP has to be investigated and while it is investigated we can fund other good women's health clinics.

Yes we DO know what is going on at PP, you idiot. Poor women are getting healthcare. They FAKED the videos, and they admit it. I KNOW nurses who audit them for Ca State programs. They are good people, doing good things. The Republicans ORCHESTRATED this bullshit in a planned way, with a PLAN to shut down the government over the issue of abortion. They DID ON PURPOSE, you fucktard. Boehner wanted no part in the huge fucking mess which will ensue in Washington in the next few weeks. H wimped out. H is a coward. H doesn't want to stand up to the conservative insane religious NUTS who now comprise the base of what has, sadly, become the Republican Party. Putting YOUR head in the sand, and saying "Oh, oh. we don't know" is crap. We DO KNOW, and it's not what they claimed it was. They WANT to overturn Roe v Wade. That's what this is about. EVERY political fact-check organization agrees it was a series of fake, planed videos, assembled to make them look bad. You are a fool Alla. (But we already know that).

Now tell us how you really feel.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-09-2015, 10:15 AM
(27-09-2015 10:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 10:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  At least it means we'll have a clean short-term bill to continue to fund the government with no mention of Planned Parenthood.

I doubt that very much. I think this makes a shut down more likely, not less likely.

He has the votes to pass it if he doesn't give a fuck what the mouth frothing crazies think. He can pass the bill with mostly Democratic votes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-09-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 11:21 AM by GirlyMan.)
(27-09-2015 10:15 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 10:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  I doubt that very much. I think this makes a shut down more likely, not less likely.

He has the votes to pass it if he doesn't give a fuck what the mouth frothing crazies think. He can pass the bill with mostly Democratic votes.

Senate's already passed a 3-month continuing resolution at current funding levels (including PP). Boehner could bring it to the floor tomorrow and have it passed by lunch.

I think the problem is that the Hastert Rule of "the majority of the majority" has been perverted to mean "able to pass with majority votes alone". With 247 votes in the majority, the majority of the majority would be 124 Republican votes. Somehow that has been perverted into requiring 218 Republican votes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-09-2015, 01:27 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/full-inter...tember-27/

Boehner calls his colleagues "false prophets" in the interview above..

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-09-2015, 01:45 PM
I think he's not right in the head. Here's the Pope getting all the attention.
"I know. I'll get me some of the attention. I'll quit. That'll show em."
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-09-2015, 02:26 PM
(26-09-2015 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 04:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  A larger portion of the country wants the government to run and not be shut down over some clearly altered videos.
I am not so sure about it. We had government shutdown and after that Rinos got both house and senate (in 2014). Conservatives were happy Rinos were fighting(at least they tried their best) and conservatives gave them victory, we have more Republicans in the house and senate.

If you want to know what's going on "behind the walls" of Planned Parenthood, make an appointment. Ask for birth control or a mammogram or a Pap smear and see what happens. My suspicion is that they will provide you with the healthcare service that you need at a price you can afford. Shameful?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post