John McCain and the end of the road?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: John McCain and the end of the road?
(20-07-2017 06:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 04:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Glioblastoma (the cancer he has) is one of the worst possible things one can get. I've never seen someone be cured of it, (I suppose it must happen), but his absence during his upcoming treatments will be important to the numbers. He won't be replaced for a while.

My first husband died of this. In his late twenties. Sadcryface

If it was the "astrocytoma" (named for a starfish) type, it could be considered a proof of no god. The cancer sends down (into the brain) these "fingers" of cancer ... it's truly repulsive. But there are some new treatments I think that might have some success. One of my nurse friend's brothers died of it, and it was growing out his ears, and scaring their little daughters towards the end.
https://pharmacy.unc.edu/news/2017/02/01...man-cells/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-07-2017, 10:10 AM
John McCain is my senator. A great man who endured far more than any man should have. You can disagree with his politics, even I find myself questioning him lately, but his service to America in the war and in politics should not be ignored.

That being said, he should retire immediately. The ultra conservative governor of Arizona should then appoint an ultra conservative to replace McCain in the senate.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-07-2017, 10:26 AM
(20-07-2017 10:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  John McCain is my senator. A great man who endured far more than any man should have. You can disagree with his politics, even I find myself questioning him lately, but his service to America in the war and in politics should not be ignored.

That being said, he should retire immediately. The ultra conservative governor of Arizona should then appoint an ultra conservative to replace McCain in the senate.
John McCain has been so much talk with constant inaction for years now. He like always has been talking against the ideals and agendas of the Gop leadership in Congress and Trump but when it comes to voting time he keeps lining up right in step with leadership and very conservative stances.

If you want an ultra conservative... so you mean someone who won't actually vote for Gop policies like the few ultra conservatives far right guys like one of which caused the replace/repeal from not going through because he thinks the policy was too giving. So that'd just be more inaction by the party who has a majority but having tea party idealists keeps them from passing their desired bills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Of course he should. Everyone should do exactly what LDH says. He doesn't even need to tell them why they should do as he says.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2017, 10:54 AM
(20-07-2017 09:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 06:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  My first husband died of this. In his late twenties. Sadcryface

If it was the "astrocytoma" (named for a starfish) type, it could be considered a proof of no god. The cancer sends down (into the brain) these "fingers" of cancer ... it's truly repulsive. But there are some new treatments I think that might have some success. One of my nurse friend's brothers died of it, and it was growing out his ears, and scaring their little daughters towards the end.
https://pharmacy.unc.edu/news/2017/02/01...man-cells/

He looked normal, but he acted very strangely. He could go from happy to depressed to agitated to content in minutes. And he had horrible headaches. It progressed very fast and he never even got any treatment. This was back in 1983. The docs were clueless. He donated his brain to science - I have no idea if anything ever came of it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-07-2017, 11:26 AM
I liked McCain. I feel bad for him and his family.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-07-2017, 03:19 PM
(20-07-2017 11:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I liked McCain. I feel bad for him and his family.

Me too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-07-2017, 03:28 PM
(20-07-2017 11:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I liked McCain. I feel bad for him and his family.

Yeah. I always remember the time he corrected a lady in the audience who made the comment that Obama was an Arab. I thought, I may disagree with him politically but at least he's a worthy opponant and a thoughtful, decent guy. I really wish him well.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-07-2017, 03:35 PM
(20-07-2017 03:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Yeah. I always remember the time he corrected a lady in the audience who made the comment that Obama was an Arab. I thought, I may disagree with him politically but at least he's a worthy opponant and a thoughtful, decent guy. I really wish him well.

Since a certain orange turd materialized on the scene, it's almost as if this happened in another universe.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
20-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Of the estimated 17,000 primary brain tumors diagnosed in the US each year, approximately 60% are gliomas. Glioblastoma (GB), or grade IV astrocytoma, is the most aggressive of primary tumors of the brain for which no cure is available. Management remains palliative and includes surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy. With optimal treatment, patients with GBs have a median survival of less than one year. About 2% of patients survive three years. Previously reported long-term survivors (LTSs) of GB may have been patients who actually harbored other low-grade gliomas. The overall prognosis for GB has changed little since the 1980s, despite major improvements in neuroimaging, neurosurgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy techniques. - Prognostic Factors for Long-Term Survival after Glioblastoma

Musk needs to upload him to the cloud ASAP.

#sigh