John McCain and the end of the road?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 04:21 PM
RE: John McCain and the end of the road?
(20-07-2017 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of the estimated 17,000 primary brain tumors diagnosed in the US each year, approximately 60% are gliomas. Glioblastoma (GB), or grade IV astrocytoma, is the most aggressive of primary tumors of the brain for which no cure is available. Management remains palliative and includes surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy. With optimal treatment, patients with GBs have a median survival of less than one year. About 2% of patients survive three years. Previously reported long-term survivors (LTSs) of GB may have been patients who actually harbored other low-grade gliomas. The overall prognosis for GB has changed little since the 1980s, despite major improvements in neuroimaging, neurosurgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy techniques. - Prognostic Factors for Long-Term Survival after Glioblastoma

Musk needs to upload him to the cloud ASAP.

Well, hubby #1 still hasn't missed anything in the way of cures. Most people I knew who died would have been cured a decade or two later.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2017, 06:43 PM
John McCain's cancer is "Godly justice"
I know there's already a John McCain thread about his brain cancer and the mods can certainly merge this if they wish. I found this this disgusting but typical of the religious right.

http://www.newsweek.com/mccain-cancer-tr...ble-639834

"The last president for McCain will be Trump. There’s some godly justice right there,” wrote one user on the “Politically Incorrect” message board of social media network 4chan, a hothouse of right-wing memes.

“I’m pretty sure that God is punishing him,” wrote another 4chan user. “God made it pretty clear that he supports New Right now.”

"John McCain = a war mongering, never Trumper whom I dislike," wrote a user on Gab, another social media network popular with the alt-right.

The attacks, for the most part, focused on McCain’s willingness to work with Democrats during his three decades in the Senate. Those attacks, some of which are too tasteless to mention here, speak to the utter debasement of civic discourse, particularly on the internet."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-07-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: John McCain's cancer is "Godly justice"
So Newsweek is quoting 4chan trolls now. Lol

Ok
25-07-2017, 04:53 PM
He is back to make his vote count. If brain cancer is not enough to move this ideologue to show compassion, nothing will.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/25...eal-240946

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
25-07-2017, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2017 05:08 PM by Dom.)
(25-07-2017 04:53 PM)tomilay Wrote:  He is back to make his vote count. If brain cancer is not enough to move this ideologue to show compassion, nothing will.

What he said about it:

Quote:“I voted for the motion to proceed to allow debate to continue and amendments to be offered. I will not vote for the bill as it is today. It’s a shell of a bill right now. We all know that. I have changes urged by my state’s governor that will have to be included to earn my support for final passage of any bill. I know many of you will have to see the bill changed substantially for you to support it.

Quote:“We’ve tried to do this by coming up with a proposal behind closed doors in consultation with the administration, then springing it on skeptical members, trying to convince them it’s better than nothing, asking us to swallow our doubts and force it past a unified opposition. I don’t think that is going to work in the end. And it probably shouldn’t.

Quote:“Let the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee under Chairman Alexander and Ranking Member Murray hold hearings, try to report a bill out of committee with contributions from both sides. Then bring it to the floor for amendment and debate, and see if we can pass something that will be imperfect, full of compromises, and not very pleasing to implacable partisans on either side, but that might provide workable solutions to problems Americans are struggling with today.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
25-07-2017, 05:19 PM
(25-07-2017 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 04:53 PM)tomilay Wrote:  He is back to make his vote count. If brain cancer is not enough to move this ideologue to show compassion, nothing will.

What he said about it:

Quote:“I voted for the motion to proceed to allow debate to continue and amendments to be offered. I will not vote for the bill as it is today. It’s a shell of a bill right now. We all know that. I have changes urged by my state’s governor that will have to be included to earn my support for final passage of any bill. I know many of you will have to see the bill changed substantially for you to support it.

Quote:“We’ve tried to do this by coming up with a proposal behind closed doors in consultation with the administration, then springing it on skeptical members, trying to convince them it’s better than nothing, asking us to swallow our doubts and force it past a unified opposition. I don’t think that is going to work in the end. And it probably shouldn’t.

Quote:“Let the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee under Chairman Alexander and Ranking Member Murray hold hearings, try to report a bill out of committee with contributions from both sides. Then bring it to the floor for amendment and debate, and see if we can pass something that will be imperfect, full of compromises, and not very pleasing to implacable partisans on either side, but that might provide workable solutions to problems Americans are struggling with today.

Yep. I saw that. He often sounds bipartisan. Let's hope he can put a good vote behind the talk. I rather he just stayed away and focused on his treatment.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
25-07-2017, 05:42 PM
(25-07-2017 05:19 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 05:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  What he said about it:

Yep. I saw that. He often sounds bipartisan. Let's hope he can put a good vote behind the talk. I rather he just stayed away and focused on his treatment.

He is dying, nothing cures this. Treatment just makes him feel ill for the rest of his days. He wants to get his two cents in before he goes and before they have him all hooked up on tubes. I can certainly understand that.

Plus I like bipartisanship and think all the obstructionism is crippling the country and has for decades.

[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
25-07-2017, 05:48 PM
The last several years he has spoken so bipartisanly and bashed his party's agendas all the last two decades yet when it comes to vote time he so often votes lock step with them regardless of his comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
25-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Didn't stop him from dragging his ass back to Washington and voting to fuck over millions of people who don't have his kind of health care.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
25-07-2017, 07:15 PM
(25-07-2017 05:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-07-2017 05:19 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Yep. I saw that. He often sounds bipartisan. Let's hope he can put a good vote behind the talk. I rather he just stayed away and focused on his treatment.

He is dying, nothing cures this. Treatment just makes him feel ill for the rest of his days. He wants to get his two cents in before he goes and before they have him all hooked up on tubes. I can certainly understand that.

Plus I like bipartisanship and think all the obstructionism is crippling the country and has for decades.

Bipartisanship is positive. No question. But like Clydelee says, McCain will say one thing and do another. He is going to hurt a lot of people, despite how nice he sounds.

[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post