Johnny Cash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Johnny Cash
An amazing man with amazing music, but people tell me I should be ashamed because I listen to a man who made mainly religious themed songs.
Why is this?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death, and Hell followed with him."

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
24-09-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Johnny Cash
Ceta - haven't seen you in ... forever!

Ashamed of the Man in Black? Seriously? Anyone who suggests such a thing should be ashamed of themselves for telling a free thinker what to think!

Fuck those guys. Drinking Beverage Stupid fucks.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
24-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I've been keeping my distance from organised atheism in the last couple of years mainly because I keep bumping into people who think I should be ashamed to like Johnny Cash, or to get involved in Harvest Festivals run by the Church of England, or for thinking that the bible is an important part of my culture.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
24-09-2014, 11:25 PM
(24-09-2014 10:03 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death, and Hell followed with him."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Please forgive me for shamelessly plugging my own band's cover of Folsom Prison here... Blush

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
25-09-2014, 01:50 AM
(24-09-2014 10:32 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I've been keeping my distance from organised atheism in the last couple of years mainly because I keep bumping into people who think I should be ashamed to like Johnny Cash, or to get involved in Harvest Festivals run by the Church of England, or for thinking that the bible is an important part of my culture.

You can like jonny cash music if you want.
Dont take shit off anyone for that.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
25-09-2014, 02:28 PM
(24-09-2014 11:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 10:03 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death, and Hell followed with him."

These youtube videos drive me nuts, because at work, they're blocked, and all I see is a black box. I can't even tell what song it is. But in this case, I can guess. Great, great song -- it gives me goose bumps every time. Johnny Cash rocks.
25-09-2014, 04:31 PM
I grew up listening to Johnny Cash, he was a favorite of my dad's. Good music is good music and his is certainly standing up to the test of time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Can't listen to Cash because his early songs had religious overtones and themes? What's next, can't look at the Pieta or Sistine Chapel? Idiots.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user