Johnny (Depp) in the Xtian firing line

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Johnny (Depp) in the Xtian firing line
Johnny Depp: singer or sinner?

It looks like Santa won't be delivering Johnny Depp any presents this Christmas, after he featured in a song that offended Christian groups.

The 49-year-old lent his voice to a tune called Jesus Stag Night Club by British Indie band, Babybird, about some men hiring a Jesus look-a-like for a bachelor party.

At the end of the song, the 'fake' Jesus passes out drunk…and then turns out to be the real Jesus after all.

And now two US-based Christian groups have lashed out at Johnny, saying the song is "blasphemy" and labelling the actor a "disgrace."

A Christian Coalition spokesperson told The Daily Star: "I'm sure he thinks he's being very funny, but he's simply a disgrace. One day, Johnny Depp and his cronies will face the judgment of our Lord and they will burn in hell for this filth."

Go Johnny!!!! Smile

The Focus on the Family organization also took offensive to the song, saying: "We are sickened by Mr. Depp's behaviour. Why did he need to record this song? It's a slap in the face to Christians all over the world."

No word from Johnny's camp yet, but Babybird frontman, Steven Jones has come firing back with these strong words…

"Christians go to heaven. Sinners go to hell. This is their message of peace. Oh yes and gays can f—k off too. It's a beautiful world, Jesus."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like aurora's post
07-12-2011, 12:10 AM
RE: Johnny (Depp) in the Xtian firing line
(06-12-2011 11:47 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  "I'm sure he thinks he's being very funny, but he's simply a disgrace. "

If only I had a nickel for every time someone has said this about me. Undecided

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Angel Well fuck, is there anything Christian groups don't think is blasphemy?
Life's TROLLS -all of them!

I'm liking that Johnny Depp guy more and more every passing year... he's becoming a man of his time and a true gent.
Dodgy And he's not terribly difficult to just stare at for a couple of hours, either.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Is he a xtian?
07-12-2011, 12:53 AM
I still liked him most as Edward really, He's been a bit less oddball recently glad he made a fun song

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
07-12-2011, 05:16 AM
I tried to find the video but could only find the audio on youtube. If anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
07-12-2011, 10:25 AM
I found this... only audio... but it's good audio.

An old punk rocker, I'd say... it doesn't suck.
Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post