Join Me at the End of the World...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Join Me at the End of the World...
...as we point and laugh at these poor people.

Billboards for this website/group have been popping up around town. I haven't quite had a chance to read all of it, but this organization (or individual, I'm not sure) has figured out that the Rapture will occur on May 21, 2011 - followed by the destruction of the world on October 21, 2011.

I'm hoping to contact these people so that they can give me their wordly possessions sometime in April or May, since they won't be needing them.

So please, join me as we follow along with these people and point and laugh on May 22, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur. Oh the backpedaling, oh the excuses... oh the stupid, it burns.

http://www.wecanknow.com/

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 12:04 AM
RE: Join Me at the End of the World...
How many thousands of predictions must be made before someone in the religious community goes WTF?

Seriously at the end of the day it reminds me of my mother. Her pastor made her a prediction this last year that she would find a "man of god" to marry by fall. Of course this hasn't happened and I repeated the very first thing that came out of my mouth when she told me all this to begin with.

"So how accountable are you going to hold him if he's wrong?"

Why is it that no one in the religious community seems to want to take accountability for their failures...oh wait that's right....satan did it.
29-11-2010, 04:18 AM
If any of them could give me a green card or maybe a bunch of money or something I'm game.

I wanna go help dolphins who got all messed up in oil spills and stuff.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
29-11-2010, 05:09 AM
The funniest part of this, to me, is they have a tool bar you can download.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
29-11-2010, 08:49 AM
(29-11-2010 05:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  The funniest part of this, to me, is they have a tool bar you can download.

And a twitter feed! As well as bumper stickers, and tips on "iWitnessing." I'm searching for the facebook group.

I need to find the link to an essay/study I read once regarding failed prophecies. It's really interesting.

edit: You can google "When prophecy fails and faith persists." The first link is a pdf download of the study. Highly recommended.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
29-11-2010, 02:24 PM
nuttywebsite Wrote:the rapture of believers will take place on May 21, 2011 and that God will destroy this world on October 21, 2011.
_____
IT's so funny that they never learn... The end of the world is almost every year.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
29-11-2010, 03:16 PM

(29-11-2010 05:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  The funniest part of this, to me, is they have a tool bar you can download.
[Image: 6.gif]

This is one of those times when you just wish an atheist owned the billboard beside the, "Noah Knew" message so as to add, "God loves inbreeding!"
to it. Tongue
Their God reminds me of "Chronicles of Riddick" , when the Necromonger way included the motto; You kill what you keep.

And the PDF for the pamphlet, "No one knows the day or the hour?" (Except this guy!) is priceless. I always find it funny how Christians so look forward to the day when everyone on earth perishes...except for special them. (Sorta like "Special K" but without the milk and yet so many added nuts!)
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2010, 12:32 AM
It will never end. The world's end will be re-predicted again after every failure of the last prediction. This makes me think that the human race's greatest achievement is "Accidental Survival."
30-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Hehe I find this pretty funny, every year someone predicts the end of the world and fail, I want to hear their excuses when nothing goes as they want, jehova witnesses already failed predicting the end of time many times, this sounds to me like the crazy 2012 fanatics.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2010, 04:15 PM

What if the end of the world has occurred and the secularists and the religious left behind, are now living the what comes after? Which could go a long way in explaining why this world seems so chaotic and bass ackwards. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply