Joining a Christian Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: Joining a Christian Forum
(24-02-2013 11:48 PM)imlemuel Wrote:  I'll be curious to hear other people's recommendations too. I really want to post to Christian sites...not to troll them, but to just let them know that not EVERYBODY shares their beliefs.

I've actually been posting on the Christian Broadcasting Network forum for a couple of weeks! Yes, that's right, Pat Robertson's stompin' grounds! LOL...it's been a frustrating and at times BIZARRE experience.

They do some really strange things on their forums! Not too surprisingly, the admins arbitrarily delete posts they find offensive, and they're pretty easily offended. They also have an "Auto-Censor, which is downright funny! Words which might be offensive are automatically replaced by an asterisk in parenthesis...(*) What's funny about it, is that you can't say "hell"...so you literally can't talk about their place of eternal torment! LOL. Even stranger, and really kind of sad, is that you can't use the word, "Gay". If you do, it will be redacted. You can say Homosexual all you want, but if you mention Gay Marriage, within a day it will be changed to (*) Marriage. I haven't done it yet, but I'm gonna work the word 'queer' into a post, just to see if it stays. Wanna take bets?

Any user can start a "group" and any user can start a new thread within any group...but here's where it gets weird...the user who started the "group" has TOTAL control over that group. When I say "total control" I mean that not only can they arbitrarily delete ANY post for any reason....they can actually EDIT OTHER USERS POSTS! It is seriously fucked up! I finally started a "All Things Atheist" group, just so I could limit the deletions to admins.

I just joined ChristianForums.com, this is my introduction. If you provide a link, perhaps I will join that one as well.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2013, 12:57 AM
(24-02-2013 11:58 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 11:48 PM)imlemuel Wrote:  I'll be curious to hear other people's recommendations too. I really want to post to Christian sites...not to troll them, but to just let them know that not EVERYBODY shares their beliefs.

I've actually been posting on the Christian Broadcasting Network forum for a couple of weeks! Yes, that's right, Pat Robertson's stompin' grounds! LOL...it's been a frustrating and at times BIZARRE experience.

They do some really strange things on their forums! Not too surprisingly, the admins arbitrarily delete posts they find offensive, and they're pretty easily offended. They also have an "Auto-Censor, which is downright funny! Words which might be offensive are automatically replaced by an asterisk in parenthesis...(*) What's funny about it, is that you can't say "hell"...so you literally can't talk about their place of eternal torment! LOL. Even stranger, and really kind of sad, is that you can't use the word, "Gay". If you do, it will be redacted. You can say Homosexual all you want, but if you mention Gay Marriage, within a day it will be changed to (*) Marriage. I haven't done it yet, but I'm gonna work the word 'queer' into a post, just to see if it stays. Wanna take bets?

Any user can start a "group" and any user can start a new thread within any group...but here's where it gets weird...the user who started the "group" has TOTAL control over that group. When I say "total control" I mean that not only can they arbitrarily delete ANY post for any reason....they can actually EDIT OTHER USERS POSTS! It is seriously fucked up! I finally started a "All Things Atheist" group, just so I could limit the deletions to admins.

I just joined ChristianForums.com, this is my introduction. If you provide a link, perhaps I will join that one as well.

Wow, that site is swarming with so much advertisement bullshit I regretted not bringing a machete...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2013, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 06:19 AM by DLJ.)
I have a lot of trouble with the navigation. It's no way near as intuitive as here.

Aspie,
Lemme know when your are getting a conversation and I'll enjoy chipping in.

Hang on. I went to your link. I realise that I'm on christianforums.net and you're on christianforums.com

25-02-2013, 07:22 AM
(24-02-2013 11:58 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  

And mine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-02-2013, 04:48 PM
(24-02-2013 11:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 11:28 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  You could try the very unimaginatively named Christian Forums (http://www.christianforums.com/).

I'm on this one.

They sent my an autogenerated birthday email.

Which was nice.
Oh same here. There are some nice people I've played chess with.
Then there are...the others.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
25-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Heh, I got banned from there awhile back.

Apparently, they didn't like me challenging the idea of separating and identifying atheists from the Christians. Atheists are literally not allowed to post in one of the Christian sections.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
25-02-2013, 07:52 PM
(25-02-2013 04:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Heh, I got banned from there awhile back.

Apparently, they didn't like me challenging the idea of separating and identifying atheists from the Christians. Atheists are literally not allowed to post in one several of the Christian sections.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

25-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Its such a big forum, they can afford to be selective about who posts what and where.
25-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I get the feeling that you support censorship of opposition then, Pussycat.
But that is not surprising.

How's it going in there so far, Asp? Banned yet?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Here's the link to the group I have going on CBN.