Joining a Christian Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 11:08 PM by Lion IRC.)
RE: Joining a Christian Forum
(25-02-2013 09:52 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Its such a big forum, they can afford to be selective about who posts what and where.

(25-02-2013 11:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I get the feeling that you support censorship of opposition then...

No. I love free speech. In the public square. Thumbsup

Interestingly, the only forums I have ever been banned from are nominally/notionally atheist ones.

Hang on! Thats not true. I just remembered....I have been banned from some Christian (IRC) forums for posting on behalf of atheists who were themselves devoiced/kicked while I was right in the middle of an interesting discussion with them.

So I ''channelled'' for them. And the Op who banned the atheist warned me to stop posting on their behalf. I insisted that I was going to continue the discussion and that they were free to butt out if they wanted. Nobody was forcing them to read our debate.

They warned me again but I just kept on with the discu..... ********* CANNOT SEND TO CHANNEL *********
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post
27-02-2013, 11:17 PM
(27-02-2013 11:05 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 09:52 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Its such a big forum, they can afford to be selective about who posts what and where.

(25-02-2013 11:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I get the feeling that you support censorship of opposition then...

No. I love free speech. In the public square. Thumbsup

Interestingly, the only forums I have ever been banned from are nominally/notionally atheist ones.

Hang on! Thats not true. I just remembered....I have been banned from some Christian (IRC) forums for posting on behalf of atheists who were themselves devoiced/kicked while I was right in the middle of an interesting discussion with them.

So I ''channelled'' for them. And the Op who banned the atheist warned me to stop posting on their behalf. I insisted that I was going to continue the discussion and that they were free to butt out if they wanted. Nobody was forcing them to read our debate.

They warned me again but I just kept on with the discu..... ********* CANNOT SEND TO CHANNEL *********

Pics or it didn't happen... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
28-02-2013, 12:26 AM

Which is why, I think, it feels very impersonal.

So many people and so many threads so it's a barrage of new posts. No chance of reading everything so it's difficult to 'get to know' the characters of other posters.

Not much humour either or it's a humour I can't relate to.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-02-2013, 06:07 PM
(27-02-2013 03:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 02:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You don't say. Drinking Beverage

I mean LA-LA-LAND with sparkles and cute toys and white bread Jesus and blessings and ....

It's all so saccharine that I just want to heave.
Is it anything like this place (skip to 3:27)?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
23-05-2013, 12:03 AM
If you're simply looking for some batshit crazy you could try raptureintheairnow.com. These guys are truly nuts, but there is no way you'd be able to have a discussion with any of them as an atheist. They edit what their own people can write, let alone an atheist. But I do advice anyone to take a look just to see how far off these guys are. They are "rapture watchers" and are looking for signs that the rapture is coming soon, as in this week. And then when this week passes, then THIS week. And when this week passes, then THIS week. And when this week passess..........
23-05-2013, 04:37 AM
I gave up a while ago. Epic waste of time. Heavily recommend against it.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

23-05-2013, 08:39 AM
DEFINITELY a waste of time. But I personally have someone I know who is on that site and she's nuts. She has NO idea I realize she's on there but it gives me an opportunity to know why and where she is getting her crazy info from. She would ask me questions about science every once in awhile, say things like, "Okay, so I know that the moon can cause earthquakes, but how does it effect earthquakes when there is a solar eclipse?" Then I'd look at this site and see that they believe that a coming solar eclipse (it already passed a few weeks ago) may be heralding the coming rapture, which includes worldwide earthquakes. She wants science to back that a solar eclipse causes major earthquakes to back her “theory”.

Might not be as interesting to view that forum if you don't have reason to, but I have to kind of keep on top of the craziness spewed from that particular site so that I know why I'm being asked such crazy questions, and believe me the questions have gotten far crazier than that one.
23-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Adenosis, I don't know if this link will work because it's an old thread on the Christian Forum but some atheist really got them all stirred up and it's really brilliant.

I found this link on the ex-christian forum and the members there were discussing and cheering the logic and debate style of the poster.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7686721/

Whoever the atheist is, he or she is very respectful but never lets the christians off the hook. He or she keeps the topic from wondering off in every direction. It's one of my favorite threads and once in a while I re-read the whole thing. It makes my day.

Dancer

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
23-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Adenosis. By the way the poster goes by the name of Dr Truth. Wish I knew who this person was.

Dancer

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
23-05-2013, 01:58 PM
(24-02-2013 11:54 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Be careful. I have received the most cruel and derogatory online statements from Christians on Chrisitan forums while I myself was a Christian looking for advice. Not surprising at all though, right?

Reading the prayer section on Christian forums is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Tons of people begging god for more life. It makes you wish they'd just accept reality and enjoy the time they have left with their loved ones.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp