Joining the crowd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Joining the crowd
(13-01-2013 08:54 AM)kim Wrote:  Hi Ellwood. Wow, I didn't know people stressed that "a church service is being produced well enough to "change" people." - bit of an agenda outside the skin, huh? Sounds like you've discovered your inherent birthright of a free conscience. Good on you and I'm glad you've found the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Hi Kim

Yes we stressed big time. Is lighting right. Can they see the pastors face ok. Is the sound clear so they catch every word. Is the PowerPoint readable and no typos. Are the words to the worship songs correct and did we have a snappy background. Room temperature. Band mixed right. Good bass beat. Smiling faces. Drama rehearsals. Band rehearsals. Video downloads to play during message. Graphic on video screen during dramas. Drama sound effects. No sound system buzz. Video Broadcast to the coffee cafe done well. Correct colors on the gels on the Parcan spots. On and on. All this helped god reach people. Go figure.

Now you know why I enjoy my Sunday coffee at home.

Ellwood
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 12:56 PM
(13-01-2013 12:34 PM)Ellwood Wrote:  Yes we stressed big time. Is lighting right. Can they see the pastors face ok. Is the sound clear so they catch every word. Is the PowerPoint readable and no typos. Are the words to the worship songs correct and did we have a snappy background. Room temperature. Band mixed right. Good bass beat. Smiling faces. Drama rehearsals. Band rehearsals. Video downloads to play during message. Graphic on video screen during dramas. Drama sound effects. No sound system buzz. Video Broadcast to the coffee cafe done well. Correct colors on the gels on the Parcan spots. On and on. All this helped god reach people. Go figure.

Oh, yes... the faith of the faithful.

Kind of puts to rest that omnipresent moniker, huh? Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
13-01-2013, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 01:19 PM by Free Thought.)
Welcome to the forum.

About the title though... This place is not a host of a crowd so much as a rabble.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
13-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
15-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
15-01-2013, 10:56 AM
(13-01-2013 12:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh and I did keep one book about false religions and cults...just for grins and giggles. Chapter one is about atheism...Lol.

Well of course it is, atheism is the most frightening cult of all. All the other cults out there believe in imaginary nasty things like Satan or voodoo or witches or Cthulhu or unicorns. All of that is clearly made up nonsense; every theist knows that. Yes, I'm stipulating that even Christians know that Satan is made up; it's part of my hypothesis that Christians know, at least on a deep subconscious level, that Christianity is made up - different topic.

But atheism is not made up. There is nothing to worship, nothing to disbelieve, nothing to point at and say "Hey, that's silly, you believe silly nonsense so you must be silly and I can therefore ignore you".

Which makes atheism the one cult they cannot ignore.

Hence chapter 1.

Now, if we can only convince them that it's possible to have a world view that isn't some kind of religion or cult...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
15-01-2013, 11:35 AM
(15-01-2013 10:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hi
Very good Muffsy. One step at a time Smile

[Image: vjp09.gif]
15-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome aboard Ellwood. I think we (collectively) are going to get along well. Yes

(13-01-2013 09:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Kids are sick.

The brown kind of sick... ugh.
Did you allow them eat too much chocolate again? Consider

Oh, wait... eww.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
15-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Welcome Smile
15-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Howdy, Ellwood. Did you bring Jake with you?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hi there, a undercover spy joining in. LastPoet 34 778 06-01-2014 10:56 AM
Last Post: viocjit
  Hi Good People - Joining Intro Kevuchka 12 785 19-12-2011 02:37 PM
Last Post: Leela
Smile Hello TTA crowd. Gnawer 3 434 01-11-2011 03:17 PM
Last Post: Hamata k