Josephus/NT Parallel: The Seven Seals of the Apocalypse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 05:07 PM
RE: Josephus/NT Parallel: The Seven Seals of the Apocalypse
(05-01-2017 04:24 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  For anyone who may still doubt the dependence of the New Testament on the works of Josephus, or the "preterist" view, that the second coming and destruction of the temple and Israel and the apocalypse of the Jews already happened. This set of parallels (9 in total, very long, but I think worth the read) are from the book of Revelation and show that the "book with the seven seals" represents the Wars of the Jews with its seven books. Each numbered seal of the apocalypse has a reference to a passage in the corresponding book of the Wars of the Jews and what happened there.

Please stop this copy and pasting rubbish. I doubt, having actually read Josephus, that you have read him.

Your ignorance is proof of itself.

Go get a copy. It's a big book. Mine was the one with the lovely white cover. I've since had to sell it. Had I not I'd have given it to you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 08:04 PM
(07-01-2017 04:13 PM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 08:19 AM)mordant Wrote:  Look, the fact that the Revelation has seven seals and that Josephus published in seven volumes has nothing in common but the number seven. Then you crown it all with "Obviously ... the ONLY explanation here is (mine)".
Are you a Christian, mordant? Because those are pretty much the only two options, it is either a miracle or plagiarism. Your argument against me is "nuh-uh".
No I am not a Christian, I am an empiricist so I want the same substantiation for your theory that I want from theists for their assertions and ideas. Also there are other options besides your false dilemma of two and only two possibilities. Such as you are seeing things that aren't there.
(07-01-2017 04:13 PM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 08:19 AM)mordant Wrote:  * Including wearing people down with TL;DR walls of text until they concede the point or at least leave you the hell alone.

I am well aware that this generation is hardly capable of handling more than 140 characters. If you belong to that category I kindly welcome you to go back to twitter and not try to read forums.
I am more than capable of reading whole books where appropriate but I don't choose to read lengthy low-bandwidth posts. In this format if you can't convey your explanation in a few reasonably concise paragraphs (with links to more detailed documentation for those who wish to pursue it) then you are using the wrong medium at a minimum, and possibly, trying to baffle people with bullshit rather than dazzle them with facts.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
07-01-2017, 11:41 PM
(07-01-2017 04:27 PM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  I explained my points fully. The evidence of imitating is that the text imitates the other. You fail to explain how it is not evidence!!! I see again and again that all none of you are addressing my comments directly or arguing against any of the parallels, you just say "nuh-uh".

You have no evidence for that. You have never demonstrated that. You have presented no "evidence". Similarity of theme is not "evidence".
They could BOTH just be drawing on ANOTHER circulating source.
You have NEVER shown they knew about each other and drew on EACH other.
Similar memes and concepts does not mean anyone copied anyone. It's YOU here that is being doltish and you have SO much invested in this nonsense you can't see straight.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post