Josh Duggar-- admits to molesting his sisters and others.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Josh Duggar-- admits to molesting his sisters and others.
(25-07-2015 06:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 06:08 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Please correct me if I'm wrong (this is just based upon what I have heard people talking about, I honestly don't care enough to actually do any reaserch), but from what I have heard the family acted mostly responsibly. First of all I heard that the son was not caught but admitted it to his parents on his own initiative. The parents brought him to the police, and they followed the advice of the officer who suggested they not press charges. They then put the son into counseling.
So what particularly nefarious thing did the parents do. They reported it to the police and then acted on the officers advice.
So my question then is to those here who have parents, what would you have done if your son came to you and told you he had done this. How would you have handled it.
I can't really comment since I don't have any kids, but I have always believed that if the law was followed then that is the end of it.
I also believe strongly in second chances and that people can change and people shouldn't be judged on things way in their past, especially if it happened when the were a teenager. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a teenager that I would never do today.
So there is my two cents. Of course my information might be horribly off, in which case mea culpa.

Google it.

I did and I didn't see anything on the first two pages that didn't seem biased in either direction, except the Atlantic which didn't give much info on the actual case.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2015, 07:34 PM
(25-07-2015 06:24 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 06:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That officer is now spending life in prison for pedophilia. Not the best character witness.

I figure that that is irrelevant in terms of the families culpability unless they knew that beforehand. That is more of an indictment against the police than it is against the family.

The parents talked to a cop in more of a friend capacity and then sent the son to some camp to pray away the bad. Officials in various capacities helped cover up the behavior. The potential effects on the girls molested were downplayed. All the while they are preaching perfection while hiding an incestuous child molester in their midst.

He confessed - guilt got to him - that doesn't lessen the damage done to his sisters and another victim outside of the family.

They were more than happy to hide what they knew what wrong in order to appear as a good god-fearing family that should be an example to others.

They are liars through omission. And they have profited greatly for it.

But after reading posts you have made here and the obvious sexual confusion that lives in your head, I don't expect you to understand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Ma and Pa Hillbilly waited 2 years before they reported this to the cops. Can you say "statute of limitations."

Pa said he consulted other church members and a lot of them had the same thing going on, so it must be normal. So, it's okay for a good Christian guy to molest girls. After all, they're just girl, with no value as humans.

Ma originally told the cops that Josh was sent to "counseling." She finally admitted that he was sent to a friend and made to (wait for it)......... Work construction for four whole months! Oh, the horror!

The entire "over the clothes" was a recent invention. Read the police report made *before* the girls were told what to say.

Making excuses for any of them only serves to demonstrate what kind of person *you* are..

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
25-07-2015, 08:40 PM
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 06:24 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I figure that that is irrelevant in terms of the families culpability unless they knew that beforehand. That is more of an indictment against the police than it is against the family.

The parents talked to a cop in more of a friend capacity and then sent the son to some camp to pray away the bad. Officials in various capacities helped cover up the behavior. The potential effects on the girls molested were downplayed. All the while they are preaching perfection while hiding an incestuous child molester in their midst.

He confessed - guilt got to him - that doesn't lessen the damage done to his sisters and another victim outside of the family.

They were more than happy to hide what they knew what wrong in order to appear as a good god-fearing family that should be an example to others.

But after reading posts you have made here and the obvious sexual confusion that lives in your head, I don't expect you to understand.

Although you are entirely correct on the point that I don't really understand psychology very well, I should point out that you did commit the ad hominem fallacy.

Anyways, I did a bit more research and it does seem as though they could have handled the case a bit better. But I still think the question does stand in regards to what would the members on here do if they were in that situation.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
25-07-2015, 08:44 PM
(25-07-2015 08:40 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The parents talked to a cop in more of a friend capacity and then sent the son to some camp to pray away the bad. Officials in various capacities helped cover up the behavior. The potential effects on the girls molested were downplayed. All the while they are preaching perfection while hiding an incestuous child molester in their midst.

Although you are entirely correct on the point that I don't really understand psychology very well, I should point out that you did commit the ad hominem fallacy.

Anyways, I did a bit more research and it does seem as though they could have handled the case a bit better. But I still think the question does stand in regards to what would the members on here do if they were in that situation.

First and foremost - he would NOT have been allowed around children, period, end of story.

And real help would have been sought, not praying away the urge to molest. And the girls would have been given the help they needed in the form of professional counseling.

I didn't commit shit - I don't think you are capable of understanding the subject. I am allowed my opinion of you as it is based on things you have said on this forum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-07-2015, 08:53 PM
(25-07-2015 06:08 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Please correct me if I'm wrong (this is just based upon what I have heard people talking about, I honestly don't care enough to actually do any reaserch), but from what I have heard the family acted mostly responsibly. First of all I heard that the son was not caught but admitted it to his parents on his own initiative. The parents brought him to the police, and they followed the advice of the officer who suggested they not press charges. They then put the son into counseling.
So what particularly nefarious thing did the parents do. They reported it to the police and then acted on the officers advice.
So my question then is to those here who have parents, what would you have done if your son came to you and told you he had done this. How would you have handled it.
I can't really comment since I don't have any kids, but I have always believed that if the law was followed then that is the end of it.
I also believe strongly in second chances and that people can change and people shouldn't be judged on things way in their past, especially if it happened when the were a teenager. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a teenager that I would never do today.
So there is my two cents. Of course my information might be horribly off, in which case mea culpa.

You-a maxima culpa.

Besides what has been already noted: the parents made four of his victims continue to live in the same house with their abuser. Their theology stressed the necessity of the victims to forgive the abuser as well as figure out what they (the victims) might have done to provoke the abuse and how their god might be using the abuse to teach the daughters some kind of life lesson. Reminder: the youngest victim was 5.

Your information is most definitely "horribly off." This wasn't a one-time event.

I write as the mother of a teenage boy and as a person who was brought up, as a female, to consider myself to blame if a man acted inappropriately towards me. As a rational adult, I can recognize the sexism, but as a child I did not, and that was an attitude that fostered abuse like this.

If my child had abused four siblings, and others, I would most certainly have reported him immediately to real authorities, for his ultimate good as well as the good of his siblings. The Duggars acted in favor of their son, in disfavor of their daughters, and ultimately in disfavor of all of their children in order to keep the cash rolling in for them and their cult.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post