Josh Duggar-- admits to molesting his sisters and others.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Josh Duggar-- admits to molesting his sisters and others.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/tlc-pull...sh-duggar/

Theyve pulled the show for now
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
22-05-2015, 12:51 PM
(22-05-2015 12:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/tlc-pull...sh-duggar/

Theyve pulled the show for now

Cries of persecution in 3...2....1....

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
22-05-2015, 01:32 PM
I hate it for the victims that this is so highly publicized - the gossip with people speculating which of the girls were victims, not cool.

That being said, this is an opportunity for the discussion of child molestation to be brought to the fundamental Christian doorstep. It's an opportunity for the citizens of Arkansas to be made aware that their laws don't protect their children and for their legislators to modify the law - a 3 year statute on child molestation?! Are you fucking kidding me?! So what, a three year old is supposed to report it by age six? Dodgy The law needs to be changed to where even the Duggar parents' actions were illegal and make them an accessory to crime. They knowingly brought their son who had a penchant for little girls to the home of another family, where he did it to their girls as well. That's fucking sick.

I'm completely floored by Huckabee's reaction. Certainly makes me want to question him further about his own actions and what he does think qualifies as inappropriate conduct with children.

I once worked for a large church with a daycare center. When it was brought to our attention one of our highly involved members was a convicted sex offender "helping out" a single mother with 8 yr old twin girls, we immediately involved the police in our city AND the sherrif's department from across the state line where he lived. We had a staff meeting with law enforcement present, and the families of the church were notified to protect more children from becoming victims. He went back to prison for parole violations.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
22-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Wonder how Huckabee would feel if it were HIS daughter.

"OK, Josh, now what you did was bad, but if you just install this tile backsplash, it will be just fine. Paint a bit of crown molding, and Jesus will welcome you to Heaven."

<Warning: dander is UP>

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-05-2015, 01:56 PM
(22-05-2015 01:50 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Wonder how Huckabee would feel if it were HIS daughter.

"OK, Josh, now what you did was bad, but if you just install this tile backsplash, it will be just fine. Paint a bit of crown molding, and Jesus will welcome you to Heaven."

<Warning: dander is UP>

Josh would just have to pay him 50 shekels and marry his daughter.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
22-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm not that familiar with the Duggar's. Apparently I've been living under a rock and haven't been "In Touch" with society.

Here's my guess as to what will happen: Josh will become the victim if he hasn't already. A victim of being on television. A victim of too much stardom. A victim of molestation done to him. In some cases, I get that but damnit people need to be responsible for their actions and accept the consequences as well.

The fact that this information was repressed makes my blood boil. Oh and just because someone "forgives" you doesn't mean all is well. That doesn't erase what you did. It was still a crime that should be punished. No
Rant over.
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
22-05-2015, 02:26 PM
I've only seen the Duggars a couple of times and thankfully, only in passing. The little I saw of them turned my stomach.

If one were to gather everything I utterly despise about christianity and christians, every essence that disgusts me, every aspect that is repulsive me and boiled it down to it's pure form... the Duggars would be it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-05-2015, 02:53 PM
(22-05-2015 02:12 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I'm not that familiar with the Duggar's. Apparently I've been living under a rock and haven't been "In Touch" with society.

Here's my guess as to what will happen: Josh will become the victim if he hasn't already. A victim of being on television. A victim of too much stardom. A victim of molestation done to him. In some cases, I get that but damnit people need to be responsible for their actions and accept the consequences as well.

The fact that this information was repressed makes my blood boil. Oh and just because someone "forgives" you doesn't mean all is well. That doesn't erase what you did. It was still a crime that should be punished. No
Rant over.

I'm replying to my own comment and here it is: "Well shiiiiiiiiiiit, that didn't take long."

Mike Huckabee: Duggar Family victim of an insensitive bloodthirst

My confirmation bias is working overtime today!!! Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
22-05-2015, 06:14 PM
(22-05-2015 02:12 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I'm not that familiar with the Duggar's. Apparently I've been living under a rock and haven't been "In Touch" with society.

Rant over.

No, if you had been living under a rock you would have met them, Mike Huckabee, and Rick Santorum. That's where they live, like the snakes they are.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-05-2015, 06:17 PM
So TLC pulled the show and he stepped down as an executive director of the FRC (an organization which campaigns against gay rights and actively spreads misinformation-- ironically including claims that try to link homosexuality and child molestation). http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/05/22...sh-duggar/

I'm not surprised at Huckabee's reaction. He's not exactly the pillar of moral integrity that he tries to sell himself as. Dodgy

I guess TLC got more reality out of this reality show than they bargained for.

[Image: z555d8ccd8ce21.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Helen_Damnation's post