Journalists Face Felony Charges in Mass Arrests during Inauguration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Journalists Face Felony Charges in Mass Arrests during Inauguration
Link

Quote:Four more journalists have been charged with felonies after being arrested while covering the unrest around Donald Trump’s inauguration, meaning that at least six media workers are facing up to 10 years in prison and a $25,000 fine if convicted.

Quote:The National Lawyers’ Guild accused Washington DC’s metropolitan police department of having “indiscriminately targeted people for arrest en masse based on location alone” and said they unlawfully used teargas and other weapons.

Quote:None of the arrest reports for the six journalists makes any specific allegations about what any of them are supposed to have done wrong.

Long story short: During the violence at the inauguration, the police basically rounded up everyone in the vicinity and charged them en masse.

Because you know, those pesky investigations are so time consuming.

Practice those goosesteps children. You don't want to appear unpatriotic...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
25-01-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: Journalists Face Felony Charges in Mass Arrests during Inauguration
Trump's assault on freedom continues to pick up steam.
25-01-2017, 10:52 AM
I rather doubt it.

Donald Trump isn't the Judge, jury, Prosecuting Attorney and arresting officers all rolled into one.

I'm willing to bet there was a shitload of broken windows, burned cars and other destroyed property involved in this story.

I SAW the cocksuckers who showed up with hammers - ready to "protest". I WATCHED them wantonly destroying property. They weren't a bunch of idealistic protestors.

They were hoodlums.

Fuck them. I hope they do lots of time.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-01-2017, 10:59 AM
(25-01-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I rather doubt it.

Donald Trump isn't the Judge, jury, Prosecuting Attorney and arresting officers all rolled into one.

I'm willing to bet there was a shitload of broken windows, burned cars and other destroyed property involved in this story.

I SAW the cocksuckers who showed up with hammers - ready to "protest". I WATCHED them wantonly destroying property. They weren't a bunch of idealistic protestors.

They were hoodlums.

Fuck them. I hope they do lots of time.

Do you have a comprehension issue? Journalists were arrested or are you implying they carried hammers and destroyed property?

The fact journalists were arrested at all, is rather disturbing -- Usually if someone is found to be not involved (or later shown to be a member of the press) they're just released without charges.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-01-2017, 11:07 AM
(25-01-2017 08:52 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Link

Quote:Four more journalists have been charged with felonies after being arrested while covering the unrest around Donald Trump’s inauguration, meaning that at least six media workers are facing up to 10 years in prison and a $25,000 fine if convicted.

Quote:The National Lawyers’ Guild accused Washington DC’s metropolitan police department of having “indiscriminately targeted people for arrest en masse based on location alone” and said they unlawfully used teargas and other weapons.

Quote:None of the arrest reports for the six journalists makes any specific allegations about what any of them are supposed to have done wrong.

Long story short: During the violence at the inauguration, the police basically rounded up everyone in the vicinity and charged them en masse.

Because you know, those pesky investigations are so time consuming.

Practice those goosesteps children. You don't want to appear unpatriotic...

The cases will most likely be dismissed, but this is disturbing.
On a good note, seems there is already dissention in the "inner circle".
Kushner and Conway are rivals. Guess who's gonna win ? Yay.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-01-2017, 11:10 AM
(25-01-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I SAW the cocksuckers who showed up with hammers - ready to "protest". I WATCHED them wantonly destroying property. They weren't a bunch of idealistic protestors.

Undoubtedly you saw a$$holes with hammers, etc.

Those weren't the journalists that have been rounded up.

The a$$holes with hammers were - though I have no proof of this, not yet anyway - likely right-wing infiltrators and radical elements of the BLM movement there specifically to cause trouble and taint the reputation of peaceful protesters.

*edit to add*

It's been confirmed. Peaceful protesters were infiltrated by violent right-wing radicals. Source: Meetings of activists planning to disrupt inauguration were infiltrated by conservative group
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
25-01-2017, 11:12 AM
(25-01-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I SAW the cocksuckers who showed up with hammers - ready to "protest". I WATCHED them wantonly destroying property. They weren't a bunch of idealistic protestors.

The police conducted mass arrests. You cannot arrest every person in the vicinity of a crime and charge them all with the same crime.

Even worse, if charges have been filed then the "investigation" is essentially over. The accused now have to prove their innocence.

Guess we can change "innocent until proven guilty" to "guilty by proximity".

"Seig Hair!" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Seig Heil", but I guess it'll work.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
25-01-2017, 12:06 PM
(25-01-2017 11:10 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  

Undoubtedly you saw a$$holes with hammers, etc.

Those weren't the journalists that have been rounded up.

The a$$holes with hammers were - though I have no proof of this, not yet anyway - likely right-wing infiltrators and radical elements of the BLM movement there specifically to cause trouble and taint the reputation of peaceful protesters.

*edit to add*

It's been confirmed. Peaceful protesters were infiltrated by violent right-wing radicals. Source: Meetings of activists planning to disrupt inauguration were infiltrated by conservative group

That article isn't saying what you are alluding to.

You are misreading it or purposely making shit up. "Peaceful protesters were infiltrated by violent right-wing radicals" is found nowhere in that article.

Go back and read it again. Yes, the group was infiltrated by a conservative group. The conservative group recorded illegal activity at these supposedly "peaceful" meetings. They had planned to do things like spread acid at an inaugural ball. Their footage was used to make arrests. Nobody from the conservative group was arrested nor participated in illegal activity. The "peaceful" protests were planned out to be violent from the beginning and the conservative group proved it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-01-2017, 12:25 PM
(25-01-2017 12:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yes, the group was infiltrated by a conservative group.

A group that has already manufactured fake videos for political gain.
This is a proven fact. Anything connected with that group is HIGHLY suspicious.

(25-01-2017 12:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nobody from the conservative group was arrested nor participated in illegal activity.

This time.

James O'Keefe is a rampaging douchebag. He has been successfully prosecuted criminally and civilly for his past actions.
O'Keefe Wiki

(25-01-2017 12:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The "peaceful" protests were planned out to be violent from the beginning and the conservative group proved it.

IF the video is accurate, then those involved should be prosecuted.

25-01-2017, 01:25 PM
(25-01-2017 11:12 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The police conducted mass arrests. You cannot arrest every person in the vicinity of a crime and charge them all with the same crime.

Even worse, if charges have been filed then the "investigation" is essentially over. The accused now have to prove their innocence.

Guess we can change "innocent until proven guilty" to "guilty by proximity".

"Seig Hair!" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Seig Heil", but I guess it'll work.
You ever been to a protest before where there were arrests? Yeah...they arrest everybody they can get their hands on, which defuses the criminal element, generally. Then the DA goes through all the records and looks for cases that can be brought.

A person with an employment record of working as a journalist, with a journalist credential (if they had one), and a camera or recorder, is not going to make much of a case to try to prosecute. So no trial against the initial charge.

These types of arrests tend to be for record keeping. Easy enough to bail out, but usually they just release you once they get your ID or Driver's License number.