Journalists Face Felony Charges in Mass Arrests during Inauguration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 02:12 PM
RE: Journalists Face Felony Charges in Mass Arrests during Inauguration
(25-01-2017 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 10:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I rather doubt it.

Donald Trump isn't the Judge, jury, Prosecuting Attorney and arresting officers all rolled into one.

I'm willing to bet there was a shitload of broken windows, burned cars and other destroyed property involved in this story.

I SAW the cocksuckers who showed up with hammers - ready to "protest". I WATCHED them wantonly destroying property. They weren't a bunch of idealistic protestors.

They were hoodlums.

Fuck them. I hope they do lots of time.

Do you have a comprehension issue? Journalists were arrested or are you implying they carried hammers and destroyed property?

The fact journalists were arrested at all, is rather disturbing -- Usually if someone is found to be not involved (or later shown to be a member of the press) they're just released without charges.

I'd be skeptical.

I've met yahoos with a blog and a cellphone that call themselves "Journalists"...

I wasn't there -- so I didn't see their press credentials.

I'm guessing the cops didn't either.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2017, 02:15 PM
(25-01-2017 02:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm guessing the cops didn't either.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-01-2017, 04:59 PM
It's obvious no matter how fascist America becomes under Trump too many people will live in denial.
25-01-2017, 05:23 PM
(25-01-2017 04:59 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It's obvious no matter how fascist America becomes under Trump too many people will live in denial.

That's what I said during the bush years post 9/11

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-01-2017, 07:14 PM
I was living in Japan during those years. Teaching English.

Time will tell but I think the next few years are going bring absolute horror. Things far worse than 9/11 and America's idiotic reaction to it. I think we're about to learn first hand how people suffer under a real dictator.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
26-01-2017, 03:33 AM
(25-01-2017 07:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I think we're about to learn first hand how people suffer under a real dictator.

Most of the time nothing much happens. Every now and then one of your friends who talks too loudly about how things could be better either a. best case: gets arrested and released shortly after b. worst case: disappears. My brother had a history teacher who disappeared.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-01-2017, 05:59 AM
What country?
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
26-01-2017, 06:47 AM
(26-01-2017 05:59 AM)ImFred Wrote:  What country?

Zimbabwe

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-01-2017, 08:11 AM
(26-01-2017 03:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 07:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I think we're about to learn first hand how people suffer under a real dictator.

Most of the time nothing much happens. Every now and then one of your friends who talks too loudly about how things could be better either a. best case: gets arrested and released shortly after b. worst case: disappears. My brother had a history teacher who disappeared.

Depend - in Soviet Union much happened, in Reich less though citizens had valid reason to fear their own rulers. Mao's China too weren't peaceful haven - it is kind hard to hide starvation.

I think in dictatorship much happens but people are afraid to talk about this and/or are somehow complicit - Germans taking possession of Jewish goods are good example of how dictator could tie nation to himself.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 11:50 PM
(26-01-2017 08:11 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 03:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  Most of the time nothing much happens. Every now and then one of your friends who talks too loudly about how things could be better either a. best case: gets arrested and released shortly after b. worst case: disappears. My brother had a history teacher who disappeared.

Depend - in Soviet Union much happened, in Reich less though citizens had valid reason to fear their own rulers. Mao's China too weren't peaceful haven - it is kind hard to hide starvation.

I think in dictatorship much happens but people are afraid to talk about this and/or are somehow complicit - Germans taking possession of Jewish goods are good example of how dictator could tie nation to himself.

Much happened in Zim too, but was kept quiet. The first thing you notice about news under a dictatorship Smile It's all so good! Nation of Zimbabwe is the BEST in Africa Smile All the things that are wrong are the fault of British and American spies.

But for ordinary people, the vast majority, not too much different.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post