Judge William Adams Beats his Daughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Judge William Adams Beats his Daughter
for pirating music/software....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9y3SIPt...r_embedded

Hillary Adams Wrote:2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but since he's a judge and parenting choices might be considered political...

Despicable if you ask me. I've seen worse, but doesn't excuse it. I've even seen it in public - a dad beating (er, "spanking" since that's somehow a more acceptable vernacular) his kid in the restroom. Well, more like I heard it. In my view, if you have to resort to beating your kid you aren't doing a good job in the first place...

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: Judge William Adams Beats his Daughter
Wow, that was... intense.

This crap has to stop. Confused
03-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I saw it a few days ago. Strong failure of parenting. Reinstalling a music download software after being told not to doesn't warrant a Sing style lashing. This judge should be jailed and CPS should remove the child from the home. I hope they don't have any other kids.

embedded for you
[youtube]Wl9y3SIPt7o&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

edit
n/m. does this forum not support youtube embedding?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
04-11-2011, 05:34 AM
(03-11-2011 01:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  This judge should be jailed and CPS should remove the child from the home. I hope they don't have any other kids.

I totally agree! I honestly don't know why that sort of "parenting" is still accepted in the US. Here in Denmark it's illegal and you'll most likely end up losing your kid, if you're beating her/him.
If I (Or any other person living in Denmark..) witness or hear a child being beaten, or if I am told by the kid, I HAVE to report it. It's the law.
04-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Update: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/justice/te...index.html

Statute of limitations prevents charges from being filed.

It seems she posted the video as a reaction to her father's threat to remove financial support (she's 23 and a college dropout) and take her Mercedes. She apparently dropped out only 2 courses shy of graduating and works part time at a video game store. Seems a bit silly not to have released the video earlier, but as a reaction to that it makes her seem spoiled. Doesn't excuse the judge's actions at all, though.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
04-11-2011, 08:37 AM
(04-11-2011 08:06 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Update: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/justice/te...index.html

Statute of limitations prevents charges from being filed.

It seems she posted the video as a reaction to her father's threat to remove financial support (she's 23 and a college dropout) and take her Mercedes. She apparently dropped out only 2 courses shy of graduating and works part time at a video game store. Seems a bit silly not to have released the video earlier, but as a reaction to that it makes her seem spoiled. Doesn't excuse the judge's actions at all, though.

Agreed. This is despicable. Angry
04-11-2011, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 08:42 AM by FSM_scot.)
Worthless sack of shit. Thats not discipline. That is abuse. I hope hes sent to jail for this. Scumbag.

Using a belt to beat up a 16 year old girl.
Im not a violent person but i would have no problem kicking seven shades of shit out of this scumbag.Angry

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
(01-11-2011 07:45 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Despicable if you ask me. I've seen worse, but doesn't excuse it. I've even seen it in public - a dad beating (er, "spanking" since that's somehow a more acceptable vernacular) his kid in the restroom. Well, more like I heard it. In my view, if you have to resort to beating your kid you aren't doing a good job in the first place...

Well, a parent does need to discipline their children, but I think that's taking it a bit too far. Where should the line be drawn? Here's an essay I wrote for my Psych course;

Raising a child can be anything but an easy job, especially in today’s society. There are so much harmful stimuli and dangers, parents want nothing more than to protect their offspring. To protect a child you have to do more than coddle it, you must teach it how to respond appropriately to situations. There are multiple ways to do this, such as using positive or negative reinforcers, or punishment. Punishment can decrease or suppress an unwanted behavior. However, it rarely eliminates it. (Davis & Palladino, 2010)
Not all punishments are the same. There are punishments such as taking away a child’s allowance or favorite toy, grounding, or physical punishment. Physical punishment (usually spanking) in child rearing can be effective because it can suppress undesirable behaviors, often immediately. (Davis & Palladino, 2010) A child who has issues with sharing toys will likely respond to physical punishment right away by sharing their toys with other children. Unfortunately, punishment is not always an effective means of altering a behavior. (Davis & Palladino, 2010)
Evidence suggests that physical punishment can also create a large range of problems. Issues such as higher levels of delinquency, and more antisocial behavior can develop. Also noteworthy is that physical punishment can lead to a “cyclone of violence” phenomenon, in which abused children grow up to be abusers themselves. (Davis & Palladino, 2010) Children may respond to their physical punishment by dishing out physical punishment of their own brand upon others. My five year old cousin once did this by spanking her puppy and saying “Bad girls get spanked,” imitating her parents. What would happen if physical punishment in child rearing were more widespread? It seems as though it could have the potential to raise a more violent generation.
As I grew up, elementary schools were just beginning to stop using physical punishment as a deterrent to negative behaviors. I believe this is for the better, because I feel it is up to the parent(s) to decide how they feel it is best to raise their child. However, I also think that the parents should be informed of other ways to punish their children, so that the violence of punishment can be kept to a minimum, yet the positive effects can be maintained. If other forms of punishments were used moderately and physical punishments were kept to a minimum, I believe we could find an appropriate and safe balance to raise children the best way we can.

Works Cited
Davis, S. F., & Palladino, J. J. (2010). Psychology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.

TL;DR; Violence leads to violence leads to violence, time to find another way.
07-11-2011, 01:05 PM
And this is why I don't trust the legal system. Hypocrite.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post