Judgement Day is Upon Us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Judgement Day is Upon Us
Title is satirical and sarcastic, but we are getting ever closer and closer to self aware computers-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12rNbGf2Wwo

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article...bot-watson
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2011, 08:18 PM
RE: Judgement Day is Upon Us
Break out the Eclipse Phase sourcebooks, people!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2011, 12:01 AM
(18-01-2011 08:18 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Break out the Eclipse Phase sourcebooks, people!

What now ? Sad
27-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Self aware computers may only be a threat to those that underestimate them.
27-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, if a computer can be self aware, then they can sure as hell be well aware of me; they'll either do my bidding or it's the scrap heap. Sofukem. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Not only will they be self aware, but also self evolving, and most likely integrated into biological systems. We assume that would be humans .. maybe .. maybe not.
In 50 years, we will plug into the "network" and upload into out 1/2 biology, 1/2 robot selves, all the data and information into our databases, from the last 6 hours, along with all the strategies the "system" has worked out to deal with every new disease, and problem. As Kurzweil has pointed out, it's now parabolic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche