Judges 1:19................................you have got to be kidding me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Judges 1:19................................you have got to be kidding me
Judges 1:19
The Lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots fitted with iron. Facepalm
-----------------------------------------------------

and this is the god these idiots try to promote as the ultimate greatest being in existence Facepalm
worshiping iron makes more sense right now Facepalm at least we can confirm it exist and its existence is actually benefits us

the more I read the bible the more I don't want to read it because the stupidity in it is so great that it is killing off my brain cells in quick succession Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
11-11-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Judges 1:19................................you have got to be kidding me
Why do you waste your time reading this shit?

I sure felt like it was a waste of time.

Try the Quoran. It is more exciting and stimulating for your "inner dictator", since it reads like a fascists guide book to building a police state.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
11-11-2014, 02:45 PM
The god of the old testament is far less powerful than how Christians present him. That, or he does an awful lot of sandbagging (I'm guessing it's because he works in mysterious ways).
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Quote: because they had chariots fitted with iron.

Obviously written by someone who had no inkling at all of the use of chariots in warfare. Iron chariots would have been sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Yhwh was also something of a pussy when it came to the Philistines.

Quote:When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, "If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt."
Ex 13-17

Amusing since 'god' had allegedly just kicked the shit out of the Egyptians that the Philistines....who weren't even there at the time...would have caused him to shit his mighty pants.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
You gotta wonder how god would stand up to a Predator drone. Not well, I think. Big Grin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-11-2014, 05:06 PM
That's why there is a great counter-apologetics wiki based off the title of this, IronChariots.Org if I recall right.

But if you really were reading all the way through, there's plenty prior to that showing how infallible and not Omni-descriptions that God of the Bible is. How anybody can equate that written texts with an Omni God is beyond me... and equally how anyone can find that God demonstratively true and worthy of praising is also bizarrely unbelievable.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-11-2014, 06:13 PM
(11-11-2014 02:54 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: because they had chariots fitted with iron.

Obviously written by someone who had no inkling at all of the use of chariots in warfare. Iron chariots would have been sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Quote:When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, "If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt."
Ex 13-17

Amusing since 'god' had allegedly just kicked the shit out of the Egyptians that the Philistines....who weren't even there at the time...would have caused him to shit his mighty pants.

There is a great NOVA episode that looks closely at how the Egyptians made their chariots. They were always made of cedar which they imported from Lebanon (Cedars of Lebanon, anyone?). It was a type of wood that could be steam bent into different shapes but was lightweight and strong.

One important thing I took away from this episode was that if the chariot had been made out of iron it would have sunk into the desert sands, the wheels wouldn't turn and the horse would simply be dragging the chariot. Nope, metal wouldn't have worked.

It's also a good way to refute the idiots who find metal chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea, which insidently, look curiously similar to a steam ship's large valve from 150 years ago. Thousands of ships have sunk in the Red Sea, including steam ships.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2331305481/

Wow. Look, it's a solid gold chariot wheel on the bottom of the Red Sea!

[Image: 4_Spoke_Gold_Chariot_Wheel-786x672.jpg]

Or is it from a steamship.

[Image: 112586789.jpg]

Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-11-2014, 10:09 PM
(11-11-2014 02:34 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Why do you waste your time reading this shit?

I sure felt like it was a waste of time.

Try the Quran. It is more exciting and stimulating for your "inner dictator", since it reads like a fascists guide book to building a police state.

If we want to be able to argue with them and debate. It helps that we do not argue from Ignorance like they do and understand as much of the world religions as much as we can.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-11-2014, 01:00 AM
(11-11-2014 05:06 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's why there is a great counter-apologetics wiki based off the title of this, IronChariots.Org if I recall right.

But if you really were reading all the way through, there's plenty prior to that showing how infallible and not Omni-descriptions that God of the Bible is. How anybody can equate that written texts with an Omni God is beyond me... and equally how anyone can find that God demonstratively true and worthy of praising is also bizarrely unbelievable.

I read it rarely and after ling intervals in order to preserve my brain cells
12-11-2014, 05:37 AM
(11-11-2014 06:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 02:54 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Obviously written by someone who had no inkling at all of the use of chariots in warfare. Iron chariots would have been sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

There is a great NOVA episode that looks closely at how the Egyptians made their chariots. They were always made of cedar which they imported from Lebanon (Cedars of Lebanon, anyone?). It was a type of wood that could be steam bent into different shapes but was lightweight and strong.

One important thing I took away from this episode was that if the chariot had been made out of iron it would have sunk into the desert sands, the wheels wouldn't turn and the horse would simply be dragging the chariot. Nope, metal wouldn't have worked.

It's also a good way to refute the idiots who find metal chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea, which insidently, look curiously similar to a steam ship's large valve from 150 years ago. Thousands of ships have sunk in the Red Sea, including steam ships.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2331305481/

Wow. Look, it's a solid gold chariot wheel on the bottom of the Red Sea!

[Image: 4_Spoke_Gold_Chariot_Wheel-786x672.jpg]

Or is it from a steamship.

[Image: 112586789.jpg]

Facepalm

I use to fling this ape shit every where when I was a christian.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube