Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 07:24 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: Judging people
(09-07-2013 01:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 01:57 PM)absols Wrote:  voila insults again

then stop looking at my posts gibberish urself there is nothing to understand

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?!!!!!!!!!

WHAT LANGUAGE DO YOU SPEAK?!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, let me try this another way.

wer frm u?

wat langue u spk?

Content Removed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 06:15 PM
(09-07-2013 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think it's an oriental language. Couldn't swear by it though.

this is really unbelievable

how the most individualistic language and approach is oriental????

u dont care about anything but waht u r selling others of some knowledge u dont even have

too cheap and criminal attitude pushing others to b wrong just to please urselves for short time in ur pretenses of getting to know smthg about this time
09-07-2013, 06:17 PM
There are a few moments where I look up at the sky, with my whole figure trembling with rage and spit out "If you exist, you are a complete and utter failure!" There are moments where I have made mistakes, or told false information that have had drastic circumstances. I actually made a thread about one particular case (A boy named K), and I could never ever EVER forgive myself for causing the life of another to extinguish simply because I thought I was doing the right thing, because I was doing "God's" work.

Right after that little boy died from starvation, most likely desperately praying for the food I promised would come (I said that the Lord provides for his believers- he had provided for me [It was my family's income and money that actually provided for me] and that the Lord will surely provide for you.), I broke down and on my knees I prayed to God, wondering why he let the boy I had come to befriend die, even after he had converted to Catholicism. Wasn't God doing his job? Wasn't he supposed to provide for those who truly belived?

And then a nasty little thought crept up into my brain. At first, it seemed very, very plausible. K wasn't a true beliver. K didn't really love God, K didn't worship God as he was supposed to. He most likely just forgot about the message I gave him. But soon after, I felt guilty for thinking this, who was I to question whether or not he believed? And why shouldn't he have? Did he not see us, well fed and well dressed, and sought that out?When he asked how he could achieve that level of nurishment, and that level of wealth, and we told him the answer was God, shouldn't he have believed us? He had no reason not to. He was desperate, and I am willing to bet he DID believe me, and desperately became a servant of God. He porbably prayed, and prayed, and worshipped and waited, waited for all of the food he needed to take care of himself, and his family.

But God didn't take care of him, God abandoned that sweet kid. God denied his promise to him, and God denied his promise to me. So, God was the motherfucker who let this poor little boy die, and God could have easily done what was needed to save him, for what? So he could join God in heaven? Bullshit! K could have done more things on earth than in heaven. He could have been the prime example of God's good grace if he had recieved those things I promised him God would give if he prayed hard enough.

But, he didn't, and the only conclusion I came up with, was that God was an asshole. God didn't give a shit about poor little boys or girls like K, he didn't give two shits about us.

But this revelation didn't make me stop believing in him, it made me place a hatred on him that I still bare, just in case he DID actually exist.

I look, and I see pain everywhere in the world, and sometimes I just look up and feel an intense hatred for a being that would allow this type of shit to happen to undeserving people.

That is why I call bullshit on people saying you can't hate things that don't exist. I think you can, and I think that if that idea, or concept can actually affect reality in a demonstable way, you should. You should hate the idea that causes pain, and causes the justification of pain, because this is an idea that has lived long enough within the subconcious/concious of our brains.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-07-2013, 06:21 PM
(09-07-2013 05:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 05:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh my that must have been hard! My therapist told me once something like when you feel safe -- things come out and it's your minds way of letting you know that you can start to heal.

Well, I was a mess. I didn't step out of the house for a week. I was extremely paranoid. Eventually it turned into anger. That pedo thread here triggered my anger again. I was so furious, I could spit tacks.

My instinct was to self medicate. I've read stuff before (like about the catholic church scandal -- things of that nature). I could remove myself from it -- kinda easily. That's why I was shocked and pissed at myself over my own reaction to the pedo thread -- the nightmares, yelling at the kids, not wanting to be touched by my husband. The presentation of it being 'normal' on any level just drove me back to that place as a kid...being told here, 'look at this -- it's normal, now go read your bible stories and say your prayers.'. They were subtle in their approach -- it was so well -rehearsed. They would say the right things at points -- then justify themselves.

Here's the thing. I don't pay attention at all to sex offenders in my area -- I assume because of what happened to me...anyone could be one. I'm guarded and that's exhausting.

When they talked about encouraging the victims not to feel damaged and to be there for them (I don't remember exactly how it was worded)...I thought my head would explode. My father didn't want me to feel damaged by it either...it was sanctioned by god himself.

I have never been triggered like that before. If I knew what that thread was about -- I would NEVER have opened it. I'm used to opening threads here all the time I probably don't want to read...I can pretty much guess which ones are written by I&I without doing so (not to mention I have him on ignore -- I have the other two on ignore too).

When I entered therapy (after the kids) it was more about issues with my grandmother and family -- coupled with some ppd. The sexual abuse came out -- but it wasn't really what sent me to therapy.

It's a shame my appointment isn't until next month. :/ I'll be ok tho.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

09-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Please refrain from arguing in threads in this section.

Rules of the section
This section is a little different to the rest of the forum. Being provocative or insensitive in this section is prohibited. If people are talking about their personal issues and looking for support then they deserve that bit more protection than our other sections provide.

Anyone posting inappropriately will be warned by the Forum Team, should they fail to improve their conduct they will have their ability to post in this section removed at the discretion of Hughsie, FSM_scot and Kingschosen.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
09-07-2013, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 07:27 PM by Hughsie.)
(09-07-2013 03:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 03:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, I get that...the idea of god, set up in the bible is deplorable. Really he's wicked.

What I'm saying -- it's not at all because of what's written in the bible.

I've heard theists ask "why do you hate god -- what happened in your life that made you that way." I've always heavily denied that. I've always maintained the opposite was true.

It's like feeling the idea of god was taken from me so that I couldn't believe. ???

I'm not sure...I can't articulate it right.

The fact that you can recognise it as a partially emotional choice gives you more control over it and even if the reason you turn from God was anger at him it does not make the concept any more true. Sometimes I think we try to hard to take the emotion out of deconversion simply because the theists claim "Oh, you're just angry at God" as a dismissal. Damn right I'm angry at that fucker, so angry in fact that even if tomorrow I had total proof that Yahweh was real and exactly as he is portrayed in the Bible I would not worship him, he does not deserve anything but condemnation.

Emotions are not a logical argument for or against the existence of God but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have them. Being an Atheist does not mean you have to become a purely logic driven automaton, you a member of an evolved and evolving animal species for whom emotions, both good and bad, are part of who we are and to try and divorce ourselves from that is folly. Anyone who has come to know you , even as incompletely as one can simply over an internet forum, must stand in awe of what all you have overcome and the good you have done in spite of it. If anger at a supposedly loving God who failed his most basic duty to you is what started you down the road into who you are today then it can't be a bad thing.

Content Removed
09-07-2013, 06:50 PM
(09-07-2013 06:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 05:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I was a mess. I didn't step out of the house for a week. I was extremely paranoid. Eventually it turned into anger. That pedo thread here triggered my anger again. I was so furious, I could spit tacks.

My instinct was to self medicate. I've read stuff before (like about the catholic church scandal -- things of that nature). I could remove myself from it -- kinda easily. That's why I was shocked and pissed at myself over my own reaction to the pedo thread -- the nightmares, yelling at the kids, not wanting to be touched by my husband. The presentation of it being 'normal' on any level just drove me back to that place as a kid...being told here, 'look at this -- it's normal, now go read your bible stories and say your prayers.'. They were subtle in their approach -- it was so well -rehearsed. They would say the right things at points -- then justify themselves.

Here's the thing. I don't pay attention at all to sex offenders in my area -- I assume because of what happened to me...anyone could be one. I'm guarded and that's exhausting.

When they talked about encouraging the victims not to feel damaged and to be there for them (I don't remember exactly how it was worded)...I thought my head would explode. My father didn't want me to feel damaged by it either...it was sanctioned by god himself.

I have never been triggered like that before. If I knew what that thread was about -- I would NEVER have opened it. I'm used to opening threads here all the time I probably don't want to read...I can pretty much guess which ones are written by I&I without doing so (not to mention I have him on ignore -- I have the other two on ignore too).

When I entered therapy (after the kids) it was more about issues with my grandmother and family -- coupled with some ppd. The sexual abuse came out -- but it wasn't really what sent me to therapy.

I never went to therapy. The anger was cathartic. I had never been angry at "HIM". I had never experienced anger like that. You know, when I was little and this was going on, "HE" was like god to me. All powerful, all knowing.

When I remembered "HIM" though, I also remembered everything else from those years. And that was very good. My parents were such good parents. They taught me so much, they taught me to think for myself. Probably if they hadn't balanced my life somewhat back then, I would have emerged a total disaster. It's because of them that I am ok.

In any case, there are still two big gaps in my memory. Both times he drove me someplace. The memory stops in the car. I hope I never remember what happened there.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
(09-07-2013 06:33 PM)absols Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 03:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The fact that you can recognise it as a partially emotional choice gives you more control over it and even if the reason you turn from God was anger at him it does not make the concept any more true. Sometimes I think we try to hard to take the emotion out of deconversion simply because the theists claim "Oh, you're just angry at God" as a dismissal. Damn right I'm angry at that fucker, so angry in fact that even if tomorrow I had total proof that Yahweh was real and exactly as he is portrayed in the Bible I would not worship him, he does not deserve anything but condemnation.

Emotions are not a logical argument for or against the existence of God but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to have them. Being an Atheist does not mean you have to become a purely logic driven automaton, you a member of an evolved and evolving animal species for whom emotions, both good and bad, are part of who we are and to try and divorce ourselves from that is folly. Anyone who has come to know you , even as incompletely as one can simply over an internet forum, must stand in awe of what all you have overcome and the good you have done in spite of it. If anger at a supposedly loving God who failed his most basic duty to you is what started you down the road into who you are today then it can't be a bad thing.

proning being animal and angry at god is way retarded claim

god is not the fucker, to us or to u individually god is urself condition life

when u recognize urself through ur instincts and emotions then u r recalling being created by god powers on self beings

also u cant b angry at god
u r mayb meaning to choose satan side, but then u became worse lost in those stories that are made to hide all crimes, so they are of course totally false

the feeling of being angry is about the will or the right to mean another down

u cant mean that to god, when he is absolutely above u so the sense of anger cannot exist

but u can hate the idea of god powerful force over everything including urself, but then u would mean to free urself the most u could from animal condition just to confirm ur honesty in meaning being smebody else not created thing

This is now in the support section if you wish to discuss my feelings on the character of Yahweh I will gladly discuss it in the appropriate section. However this is not that section and I do kindly ask you to refrain from debate here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
(09-07-2013 05:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 05:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I sure hope "HE" didn't do anything to your girlfriend.

I dunno, I want to believe no. I don't know tho. I never had kids over tho after that inside the house. (this was before I started school I think).

Thru middle school I stayed at my friends house many nights a week, I didn't know at the time that the step father was abusing my friend and her little sister. My being there kept him away from her. She didn't tell me until she moved out when we went to college. Looking back her little sister (about 3 years younger than us) probably received more attention because she wasn't hanging out with us. Her life spiraled out of control at a really young age and she never recovered. She wasn't able to deal with it like her sister, even after he left.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-07-2013, 07:29 PM
(09-07-2013 06:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 06:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My instinct was to self medicate. I've read stuff before (like about the catholic church scandal -- things of that nature). I could remove myself from it -- kinda easily. That's why I was shocked and pissed at myself over my own reaction to the pedo thread -- the nightmares, yelling at the kids, not wanting to be touched by my husband. The presentation of it being 'normal' on any level just drove me back to that place as a kid...being told here, 'look at this -- it's normal, now go read your bible stories and say your prayers.'. They were subtle in their approach -- it was so well -rehearsed. They would say the right things at points -- then justify themselves.

I never went to therapy. The anger was cathartic. I had never been angry at "HIM". I had never experienced anger like that. You know, when I was little and this was going on, "HE" was like god to me. All powerful, all knowing.

When I remembered "HIM" though, I also remembered everything else from those years. And that was very good. My parents were such good parents. They taught me so much, they taught me to think for myself. Probably if they hadn't balanced my life somewhat back then, I would have emerged a total disaster. It's because of them that I am ok.

In any case, there are still two big gaps in my memory. Both times he drove me someplace. The memory stops in the car. I hope I never remember what happened there.

I'm glad you have great parents...it's hard going through things (even if you never told them) without family support. I was messed up for a long time because I lacked guidance and support. My grandmother didn't understand how to deal with me. I kinda feel bad for that. She was chock full of her own issues. She was bitter and downright hateful at times.

Good family can make a difference. I think that's why I wanted to stay home after the kids were born -- I really wanted to give them the sense of security that I never had.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post