Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: Judging people
(08-07-2013 11:09 AM)absols Wrote:  No judging cant b positive
when u consider positively smthg else it is called value

judging is like in court, dealing with wills so not right things, to see how far it is involved in being wrong

that is why it is normal to judge another when its move is clearly offensive for no reason

while it is very wrong to judge even criminals when they are presently seeming right

this is why it is a delicate ways when the issue of right and wrong is existential

One must first make a judgement in order to reach the conclusion that it is positive.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 11:25 AM
(08-07-2013 11:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 11:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There we go, I think that gets us on the same page.

And you are most likely intolerant of intolerance. So am I.

True. And that is kind of funny.Smile

I generally find those that accuse others of lacking principles really mean they don't like people that think for themselves and don't share their judgements on everything. See the misnamed Moral Majority (which is of course neither) when they claim that secularism is the greatest evil even though secular states tend not to execute people for witchcraft.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I have a tendency to get very upset with Christians that judge. And I have to be honest, I get a kick out of throwing the words of their bible back in their faces when it comes to judging.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
(08-07-2013 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  I recently had a conversation with a religious friend of mine. Most of her other friends are from her church.

So she says: " you know, what makes you different and easy to talk to is that you don't judge. All my other friends judge".

This has given me a lot of food for thought.

1. Can one go through life without ever judging anyone?
2. Are there times when judging someone is positive?
3. Are we as atheists prone to be less judgmental?
4. any other thoughts?

I would love to hear what others think about this.

Eventually, if you hang around a person long enough, you should form some moral judgements about them that answer questions like:

1. Can this person be trusted?
2. Will this person hurt me in some way?
3. Whatever

Now...you don't have to judge them "Evil", but you can surely conclude that they are not desirable - or ARE desirable - to have around.

One of the first things I judge about people is one of the most obvious - courtesy and manners. We practice good manners in order to make sure we don't needlessly offend others. Manners are FREE and they get you so much. Anyone who doesn't pass the interpersonal Manners and Courtesy screen is forbidden to be around me.
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
08-07-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 12:38 PM by absols.)
(08-07-2013 11:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 11:09 AM)absols Wrote:  No judging cant b positive
when u consider positively smthg else it is called value

judging is like in court, dealing with wills so not right things, to see how far it is involved in being wrong

that is why it is normal to judge another when its move is clearly offensive for no reason

while it is very wrong to judge even criminals when they are presently seeming right

this is why it is a delicate ways when the issue of right and wrong is existential

One must first make a judgement in order to reach the conclusion that it is positive.

No

judgments concern persons not reality of things

people wether u like them from first sight or dislike without rationalisation

when u like them u might try to mean a value to urself that u could enjoy thinking about

then u might act alike and realize what u like really objectively by defending and supporting the value u appreciate

when u dislike them u know that u cant b them, but u could find out smthg right about else beings
or u could mean smthg opposed to u that u could hate and decide to think the way to isolate it from urself life

reality is different it concerns mostly objective rights, while wat is objective is definitely not u even if u realized it u become immediately the free out

objective rights need conscious positive intelligence standard to deal with, which exclusively could know how superiority must remain the first, so the base of existence free superiority before pointing any fact relatively
08-07-2013, 12:34 PM
(08-07-2013 12:31 PM)absols Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 11:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  One must first make a judgement in order to reach the conclusion that it is positive.

No

when u like them u might try to mean a value to urself that u could enjoy thinking about

then u might act alike and realize what u like really objectively by defending and supporting the value u appreciate

when u dislike them u know that u cant b them, but u could find out smthg right about else beings
or u could mean smthg opposed to u that u could hate and decide to think the way to isolate it from urself life

reality is different it concerns mostly objective rights, while wat is objective is definitely not u even if u realized it u become immediately the free out

objective rights need conscious positive intelligence standard to deal with, which exclusively could know how superiority must remain the first, so the base of existence before pointing any relative fact

What? Judgement concerns persons but not "reality of things"? I have no idea what this means.

When I see someone with a Darwin fish decal on the back of their car, I judge them. I literally just judged the person and the ideas that they may or may not support.

Evolve
08-07-2013, 12:44 PM
(08-07-2013 12:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:31 PM)absols Wrote:  No

objective rights need conscious positive intelligence standard to deal with, which exclusively could know how superiority must remain the first, so the base of existence before pointing any relative fact

What? Judgement concerns persons but not "reality of things"? I have no idea what this means.

When I see someone with a Darwin fish decal on the back of their car, I judge them. I literally just judged the person and the ideas that they may or may not support.

I am pretty sure Absol is using a translator program that is fucking up his syntax and grammar. This has been asked of him several times and he just treats it like a personal attack (I think even his responses are illegible and nonsensical) I have read all of his posts and as of yet nothing he has written is coherent and it all has that weird syntax issue, as I said probably because of google translate or babbelfish or some other translation program.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-07-2013, 12:57 PM
(08-07-2013 12:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:31 PM)absols Wrote:  No

well, according to what i know u r wrong then

people are separated totally from things they deal with

apparantly ur sight is interested about the end, so outcome where all seem confused life

this is wrong, things remain their same original states in truth

freedom out of objective facts

while objective is possible static form through one reality of all, that refer to true existence

knowing that true existence is about freedom superiority, double different values that assert the equation of existence being a fact

but to reply simply, i would say according to what i saw in life, that people are really totally independant of what they do, that is why anyone can do any job or b in opposite environment too, it doesnt matter he would still b same him

people affect others yes relatively bc of realities and positive ends needs
08-07-2013, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 01:14 PM by ridethespiral.)
I agree with BeardedDude...

We all judge it's a natural part of social interaction and it is entirely necessary for survival. People who do not judge are taken by scammers ("Hello I am the price of Nigeria...") con artists, predatory ads, poor choice in mates, etc.

But to go around judging other individuals who are not harming or attempting to harm you is negative trait...I can't be in the same room as my sister in law to be without wanted strangle her with her coach bag and then beat her senseless with her own high heeled shoe....You would think she was the Queen of Egypt or something, decreeing just about everything and everyone as being bellow her (despite basically living off her parents and contributing nothing to world)....She managed to pass judgement on me the other day for kayaking, because somehow kayaking is an objectionable activity in her world and yet she wonders why her only friend is her sister. She will baby sit for us but it comes at some sort of untold price later, like selling your soul to Beelzebub himself made flesh. I just hope it doesn't rub off on my daughter.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
(08-07-2013 12:57 PM)absols Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 12:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What? Judgement concerns persons but not "reality of things"? I have no idea what this means.

well, according to what i know u r wrong then

people are separated totally from things they deal with

apparantly ur sight is interested about the end, so outcome where all seem confused life

this is wrong, things remain their same original states in truth

freedom out of objective facts

while objective is possible static form through one reality of all, that refer to true existence

knowing that true existence is about freedom superiority, double different values that assert the equation of existence being a fact

but to reply simply, i would say according to what i saw in life, that people are really totally independant of what they do, that is why anyone can do any job or b in opposite environment too, it doesnt matter he would still b same him

people affect others yes relatively bc of realities and positive ends needs

I'm not sure what is going on in this reply, but you appear to be trying to make some deep philosophical point about truth. You are reaching buddy.

Judgment is not necessarily about ascertaining truth, only selecting possibilities which are more or less likely in the moment. You can't know the truth about someone upon meeting them for the first time, but from a survival stand-point, it is better to be overly cautious in your judgment than to be more relaxed and harmed physically, mentally, or emotionally.

Evolve