Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Judging people
While one cannot help being judgmental towards another, one can certainly make an effort to improve their judgment about that person.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I judge people. I think I have a right to judge, just as others have a right to judge me. Judging isn't neccessarily a bad thing, for instance:

Bucky posts: Intelligent Shit, Intelligent shit Intelligent Shit x13

When I read Bucky's post: "Wow, this guy is pretty intelligent."

^Is a judgement. I made a judgement on Bucky's character because of the stuff Bucky has displayed, and it just so happened to be a good JUDGEMENT.

This is why I see the content of the posts, and the lack of contructive content as a tool for judgement.

For instance:

An unamed poster says "Fuck you, you should die you useless piece of shit,"

I read that post and think: "Wow what a fucking bitch, that was a bitch move."

I made a judgement on that person's character because of her post too, but that was a negative judgement.

I hate it when peope assume judgement is bad, because it can be, but it can be good.

At least that's how I roll. So everytime A2 sees your post, you can bet your sorry ass he is making a judgement about you on it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-07-2013, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 11:58 PM by absols.)
(08-07-2013 11:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I judge people. I think I have a right to judge, just as others have a right to judge me. Judging isn't neccessarily a bad thing, for instance:

^Is a judgement. I made a judgement on Bucky's character because of the stuff Bucky has displayed, and it just so happened to be a good JUDGEMENT.

This is why I see the content of the posts, and the lack of contructive content as a tool for judgement.

For instance:

I made a judgement on that person's character because of her post too, but that was a negative judgement.

I hate it when peope assume judgement is bad, because it can be, but it can be good.

At least that's how I roll. So everytime A2 sees your post, you can bet your sorry ass he is making a judgement about you on it.

u reason like an animal bc u refuse values, so u cant value smthg to b on ur own

this is not a judgment this is an opinion a subjective perspective to what u said

a judgment is a conclusion of objective proofs

an instinctive reaction or a move is not a judgment

u obviously also belong to theism vues, that keep the words of jesus warm in their head to justify being living urself

im wondering who is the atheist here other then me

judging people is only for evil destructions

bc even things must not being judged, when any and everything is superior freedom, that is what true existence is so any and every are out of that base
09-07-2013, 02:58 AM
(08-07-2013 11:54 PM)absols Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 11:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I judge people. I think I have a right to judge, just as others have a right to judge me. Judging isn't neccessarily a bad thing, for instance:

For instance:

u reason like an animal bc u refuse values, so u cant value smthg to b on ur own

this is not a judgment this is an opinion a subjective perspective to what u said

u obviously also belong to theism vues, that keep the words of jesus warm in their head to justify being living urself

bc even things must not being judged, when any and everything is superior freedom, that is what true existence is so any and every are out of that base
What the fuck?

Listen, kid, kiddo, kiddie-cakes, honey-boo-boo, you need to either learn english properly, or at least speak in pictures because I am only getting snippets of what you are saying, and none of those snippets make any damn sense.

I have a great book for you, its called a dictionary, you should read it some time.

Also, if you need it, I have some kindergarden vocab/grammar picture books for you that you MIGHT be able to understand.

And about me NOT being an atheist.... Have you LOOKED at my posts? Because your judgement is so wrong that it is practically hilarious.

I struggle to take you seriously, and I personally think that this is either some joke, or its the result of a very cruel and vindictive experiment to deprive you of education.

There is still some terse left in me, and you have felt the wrath of it. Drinking Beverage

09-07-2013, 06:32 AM
(09-07-2013 02:58 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 11:54 PM)absols Wrote:  u reason like an animal bc u refuse values, so u cant value smthg to b on ur own

What the fuck?

Listen, kid, kiddo, kiddie-cakes, honey-boo-boo, you need to either learn english properly, or at least speak in pictures because I am only getting snippets of what you are saying, and none of those snippets make any damn sense.

I have a great book for you, its called a dictionary, you should read it some time.

Also, if you need it, I have some kindergarden vocab/grammar picture books for you that you MIGHT be able to understand.

And about me NOT being an atheist.... Have you LOOKED at my posts? Because your judgement is so wrong that it is practically hilarious.

I struggle to take you seriously, and I personally think that this is either some joke, or its the result of a very cruel and vindictive experiment to deprive you of education.

There is still some terse left in me, and you have felt the wrath of it. Drinking Beverage

listen piece of insulting freaking thing, u have no business with me nor my posts, if u need someone look at urself then, u r alone

there is a topic here, if u cant reply properly which means objectively only for the op, then stop insistin to post while u know that u invent anything u say

it cant b that easy as u r
09-07-2013, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 09:08 AM by Dom.)

For instance:

You can judge what people type here.
You can assume that the person types this because they are smart, or stupid, or nice, or nasty.
But you cannot know it. You don't know that person. It is not like you are face to face with an old buddy.

You are unable to read their facial expression. That person may be sitting there with tears running down their face. If you saw that, you would be motivated to inquire further, but you cannot see it.

All you see is a typed expletive.

Yes, as humans we judge, everyone in this thread made this very clear.

But absols, who can hardly be understood, made a good point: The first judgment you make is not a rational judgment. It lacks actual information. It is not an intelligent judgment except by reference to the cumulative prejudices we all have gathered, plus those of our parents, and so on. Once examined, the situation may be very different.

Let's stay with absols here, who just flew off the handle because he judged you or whoever here (not clear) to have attacked him. He did this on the basis of the information he drew from reading statements. But he has incomplete information because of the language handicap, and his judgment is a gut reaction. And it is a faulty judgment.

If you see your best friend dissolved in tears, sobbing " damnit, I am going to kill her", you know instinctively that he will do no such thing, that he is very upset because his girlfriend up and left him, and you will try to help him calm down so he can be rational.

If he is an unknown person to you, and he types this online, you are going to react very differently.

And then there is a big difference between judging a person for oneself and acting as "the judge", especially when judgment is made purely on some typed words without any actual information. Some horrific mistakes can be made without actual info, and terrible injustices can be committed.

Acting as "the judge" and actually going after a person because in your (uninformed) judgment they are acting badly is just wrong. Stating your opinion is good, an exchange can follow and both persons can learn. Enforcing your opinion is a whole other thing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-07-2013, 12:10 PM
(09-07-2013 06:32 AM)absols Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 02:58 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  What the fuck?

listen piece of insulting freaking thing, u have no business with me nor my posts, if u need someone look at urself then, u r alone

there is a topic here, if u cant reply properly which means objectively only for the op, then stop insistin to post while u know that u invent anything u say

You*
Are*
Yourself*
Be*

We speak the English language (and sometimes Pig Latin) here, not preteen text language.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-07-2013, 12:51 PM
(09-07-2013 12:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 06:32 AM)absols Wrote:  listen piece of insulting freaking thing, u have no business with me nor my posts, if u need someone look at urself then, u r alone

You*
Are*
Yourself*
Be*

We speak the English language (and sometimes Pig Latin) here, not preteen text language.

Yeah, funny how the more philosophical statements are all a garbled mess, but the angry posts are teen speak.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-07-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 01:16 PM by Atothetheist.)
(09-07-2013 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  

For instance:

You can assume that the person types this because they are smart, or stupid, or nice, or nasty.
But you cannot know it. You don't know that person. It is not like you are face to face with an old buddy.

You are unable to read their facial expression. That person may be sitting there with tears running down their face. If you saw that, you would be motivated to inquire further, but you cannot see it.

But absols, who can hardly be understood, made a good point: The first judgment you make is not a rational judgment. It lacks actual information. It is not an intelligent judgment except by reference to the cumulative prejudices we all have gathered, plus those of our parents, and so on. Once examined, the situation may be very different.

Let's stay with absols here, who just flew off the handle because he judged you or whoever here (not clear) to have attacked him. He did this on the basis of the information he drew from reading statements. But he has incomplete information because of the language handicap, and his judgment is a gut reaction. And it is a faulty judgment.

If you see your best friend dissolved in tears, sobbing " damnit, I am going to kill her", you know instinctively that he will do no such thing, that he is very upset because his girlfriend up and left him, and you will try to help him calm down so he can be rational.

If he is an unknown person to you, and he types this online, you are going to react very differently.

And then there is a big difference between judging a person for oneself and acting as "the judge", especially when judgment is made purely on some typed words without any actual information. Some horrific mistakes can be made without actual info, and terrible injustices can be committed.

Acting as "the judge" and actually going after a person because in your (uninformed) judgment they are acting badly is just wrong. Stating your opinion is good, an exchange can follow and both persons can learn. Enforcing your opinion is a whole other thing.

The fact is this, you are right, posting on the forums gives you a disadvantage, you have to infer the inflection posted onto the post. However, this is a thing you have to deal with, unless they make the tone clear (i.e Sarcasm markers, or any markers what do ever) you have to deal with what is written on the paper, and with what you know about the person already.

That is why you should be able to make a Judgement on the content of the post, if you read more posts by the user, and they are being true to character about it, then depending on how well they express their feeling in the post, you should be able to gather a very accurate opinion.

The very first judgement is only irrational if it isn't BASED off anything substantial. If you, for instance, base it off a guy's/girl's dress wear, you might have to assume that THEY picked out the dress in order for you to judge them.

Judgement is all about evidence you have for the judgement you make, and posts count as evidence as long as 1.) the poster isn't trolling or 2.)The poster isn't misleading.

I don't walk up to a person and immediately judge them, I wait for them to open their mouth, say some stuff, and then I judge based off what was said. Same thing if I read a new users posts, I wait to see what they have to say.

Sure, judging on posts has its inaccuracies, but so does judging your person's words, or even actions, or even close. I would argue that there is no ONE HUNDRED PERCENT fool proof way to gather unbiased information on a personality. We have to work with what we have, and I still don't think Judgment is necessarily a bad thing, it is a tool that can help decide which person you want to deal with, and which person you do not.

I never claim to "Know" it. Judgement is not about "Knowing" anything. It's about taking on stance about something, via the evidence presented. If Bucky continuously makes intelligent posts, that judgment that I made about him being intelligent is supported by each post he makes.

09-07-2013, 01:19 PM
(09-07-2013 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  

For instance:

at least someone who take words for what they are, clarifying things, and respecting his obligation to b useful wherever he enjoys saying smthg too

Dom the problem, is what u cant see what i see u cant b what i am and u cant think the way i do

but this apply to anyone it is a fact

now it happens that i think right, u might not agree but it is a certainty

judging cant b different from judge nor judgment, it is the same concept reality

the problem is what u refuse to separate objective from u, while u mean to recognize others like u existing too which u in the general sense never do either

we dont invent things but we invent ourselves and our ways of living

things are objective then they are hundredpercent intelligence ends of it, then they have nothing to do with any of us, even though there must b some relation which is freedom, things are free so r we individually

so i separate objective from me, so i take a lot on my shoulders when i know that objectively they are never meant

when freedom is the truth of existence, then evil is necessary to conceive and know for existence sake that would always remain free

when existence is freedom then we cant know wat really exist except through ourselves free realisations which will always b relative limited sight, but identifying what cant exist is absolutely done bc possible

judgment is only to that end

like evil conception, is contradiction of oneself

judgment is about proving the absolute active move in constant terms to destroy self bases, which take usually the form of free liars and im sure that u know a lot of people that can keep lying all the time
politicians share that trait, so i dont mean individual posters in forums particularly

any is free bc existence is freedom, but there must b smthg to judge about liars that enjoy fancy on destroying the truth
there must b smthg to do for those free that would stay free forever if smthg is not to b done to stop it

this where the notion of rights is involved too, determining freedom of being regarding right of being relative at least in parallel to wrong of being absolute invention

why also??? bc existence is freedom out of truth which is initially infinite superiority that reachd a roof edge which is freedom

the way of superiority is always possible, anytime anywhere u can decide to make some efforts some sacrifices some focus some plus to what is there

so the fact that freedom initially represent truth superiority ends then truth is free too, then existence is also true or truth is the first right to exist

then evil is inadmissible, lies and truth knowledge abuses are inacceptable