Judging people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 02:01 PM
RE: Judging people
I should stop, this is clearly just me trolling this individual. But seriously, if you can't effectively communicate anything you are trying to say and you take offense to any reply given to you, then you are a troll (even if unintentionally so).

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I think it's an oriental language. Couldn't swear by it though.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-07-2013, 02:06 PM
I get the feeling it is a mix of teen-speak that has been infused with middle eastern.

Evolve

Smartass
09-07-2013, 02:07 PM
(08-07-2013 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  I recently had a conversation with a religious friend of mine. Most of her other friends are from her church.

So she says: " you know, what makes you different and easy to talk to is that you don't judge. All my other friends judge".

This has given me a lot of food for thought.

1. Can one go through life without ever judging anyone?
2. Are there times when judging someone is positive?
3. Are we as atheists prone to be less judgmental?
4. any other thoughts?

I would love to hear what others think about this.

Going back to OP, I've been pondering this for a few days now.

Can a person go through life without judging another? Probably not. I think it happens. Does that mean all judgments are harsh? Not at all.

I tend to look at the whole person (online in a forum it's admittedly hard -- but I can search past posts) so I do tend to be forgiving of people who I think, "oh my that was harsh." because I can look at the larger picture and might just prefer to assume someone is having a bad day -- because yes I can't see them.

I don't know if it is an atheist thing -- or if it's just the way I'm wired.

Lately I've been doing a lot of reexaminations of why I disbelieve the existence of god.

When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way
It's hard to make believe you're happy when you're gray
Baby, when you're feelin' like you'll never see the mornin' light
Come to me..Baby, you'll see -- The Four Seasons

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2013, 02:36 PM
(09-07-2013 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lately I've been doing a lot of reexaminations of why I disbelieve the existence of god.

Any conclusions?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-07-2013, 02:38 PM
(09-07-2013 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  I recently had a conversation with a religious friend of mine. Most of her other friends are from her church.

So she says: " you know, what makes you different and easy to talk to is that you don't judge. All my other friends judge".

This has given me a lot of food for thought.

1. Can one go through life without ever judging anyone?
2. Are there times when judging someone is positive?
3. Are we as atheists prone to be less judgmental?
4. any other thoughts?

I would love to hear what others think about this.

Going back to OP, I've been pondering this for a few days now.

Can a person go through life without judging another? Probably not. I think it happens. Does that mean all judgments are harsh? Not at all.

I tend to look at the whole person (online in a forum it's admittedly hard -- but I can search past posts) so I do tend to be forgiving of people who I think, "oh my that was harsh." because I can look at the larger picture and might just prefer to assume someone is having a bad day -- because yes I can't see them.

I don't know if it is an atheist thing -- or if it's just the way I'm wired.

Lately I've been doing a lot of reexaminations of why I disbelieve the existence of god.

I re-examine that disbelief daily. Doubt is natural.

Evolve

Smartass
09-07-2013, 02:47 PM
(09-07-2013 02:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lately I've been doing a lot of reexaminations of why I disbelieve the existence of god.

Any conclusions?

I used to deny it, but I really think I became an atheist because deep down I hated god. I'm conflicted about that. Since I always have maintained I came to atheism based on rational thought processes. Now I feel those thoughts were tainted.

09-07-2013, 02:48 PM
(09-07-2013 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 02:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  Any conclusions?

I used to deny it, but I really think I became an atheist because deep down I hated god. I'm conflicted about that. Since I always have maintained I came to atheism based on rational thought processes. Now I feel those thoughts were tainted.

Consider Interesting. So you feel that your emotions may have played a role in your rationale for not believing? Have you since tried to come at the question from an objective and emotionless viewpoint?

Evolve

Smartass
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I suppose my question is exactly what you meant when you say you question it now, kind of redundant in that case.

Evolve

Smartass
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
(09-07-2013 02:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I used to deny it, but I really think I became an atheist because deep down I hated god. I'm conflicted about that. Since I always have maintained I came to atheism based on rational thought processes. Now I feel those thoughts were tainted.

Consider Interesting. So you feel that your emotions may have played a role in your rationale for not believing? Have you since tried to come at the question from an objective and emotionless viewpoint?

Yes! And I can't separate it -- the two are completely entwined and I can't untangle them.