• 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Judging people
Bows and arrows that's just horrible.

So sad.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I know. Even though its been years, I still miss like she was my own kid sister.

That title for a book is exactly it for so many people. It really does.

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
(09-07-2013 06:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  There are a few moments where I look up at the sky, with my whole figure trembling with rage and spit out "If you exist, you are a complete and utter failure!" There are moments where I have made mistakes, or told false information that have had drastic circumstances. I actually made a thread about one particular case (A boy named K), and I could never ever EVER forgive myself for causing the life of another to extinguish simply because I thought I was doing the right thing, because I was doing "God's" work.

Right after that little boy died from starvation, most likely desperately praying for the food I promised would come (I said that the Lord provides for his believers- he had provided for me [It was my family's income and money that actually provided for me] and that the Lord will surely provide for you.), I broke down and on my knees I prayed to God, wondering why he let the boy I had come to befriend die, even after he had converted to Catholicism. Wasn't God doing his job? Wasn't he supposed to provide for those who truly belived?

And then a nasty little thought crept up into my brain. At first, it seemed very, very plausible. K wasn't a true beliver. K didn't really love God, K didn't worship God as he was supposed to. He most likely just forgot about the message I gave him. But soon after, I felt guilty for thinking this, who was I to question whether or not he believed? And why shouldn't he have? Did he not see us, well fed and well dressed, and sought that out?When he asked how he could achieve that level of nurishment, and that level of wealth, and we told him the answer was God, shouldn't he have believed us? He had no reason not to. He was desperate, and I am willing to bet he DID believe me, and desperately became a servant of God. He porbably prayed, and prayed, and worshipped and waited, waited for all of the food he needed to take care of himself, and his family.

But God didn't take care of him, God abandoned that sweet kid. God denied his promise to him, and God denied his promise to me. So, God was the motherfucker who let this poor little boy die, and God could have easily done what was needed to save him, for what? So he could join God in heaven? Bullshit! K could have done more things on earth than in heaven. He could have been the prime example of God's good grace if he had recieved those things I promised him God would give if he prayed hard enough.

But, he didn't, and the only conclusion I came up with, was that God was an asshole. God didn't give a shit about poor little boys or girls like K, he didn't give two shits about us.

But this revelation didn't make me stop believing in him, it made me place a hatred on him that I still bare, just in case he DID actually exist.

I look, and I see pain everywhere in the world, and sometimes I just look up and feel an intense hatred for a being that would allow this type of shit to happen to undeserving people.

That is why I call bullshit on people saying you can't hate things that don't exist. I think you can, and I think that if that idea, or concept can actually affect reality in a demonstable way, you should. You should hate the idea that causes pain, and causes the justification of pain, because this is an idea that has lived long enough within the subconcious/concious of our brains.

That's a good point about hating something that doesn't exist. Maybe it's better to hate god, than to hate the people who perpetrate the lie.

Sorry you went through all that and I'm sorry for that little boy. Here goes mom hugging everyone again.

09-07-2013, 10:08 PM
(09-07-2013 07:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 07:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's just heart wrenching.

I'm lucky I didn't get too bad. I did a lot of things that totally could have screwed up my life. I think my husband got me through it.

He saw all my quirks and felt they were sweet. He knew I was messed up....but he didn't think I was 'broken' he helped me a lot.

I wish your friends sister could have gotten help from somewhere.

And also, today there are much more resources than there were back then. Everyone knew it was wrong, but it's like no one knew what to do about it.

It's more out in the open now like a lot of things and there seems to be less blaming of the victim (one would hope anyway) The national and international scandals of late may have the benefit of opening peoples eyes that anyone could be doing this kind of thing.

I think there is the element that will blame the victim or marginalized them. I think it's somewhat human nature. People will say all kinds of things. Like when the catholic church scandal broke -- Lots of people siding with the priests initially -- said the kids were to blame or dismissed it as a real problem.

It's diminishing the victim's pain.

09-07-2013, 10:22 PM
(09-07-2013 10:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 07:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's more out in the open now like a lot of things and there seems to be less blaming of the victim (one would hope anyway) The national and international scandals of late may have the benefit of opening peoples eyes that anyone could be doing this kind of thing.

I think there is the element that will blame the victim or marginalized them. I think it's somewhat human nature. People will say all kinds of things. Like when the catholic church scandal broke -- Lots of people siding with the priests initially -- said the kids were to blame or dismissed it as a real problem.

It does and it causes real harm, I have heard victim stories where an accusation was made and ignored because the abuser "wasn't that kind of person". If any good can come out of the Jerry Sandusky and Catholic Church scandals lets hope it is to believe victims when they come forward or at the very least check out every claim.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-07-2013, 10:31 PM
(09-07-2013 10:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 10:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think there is the element that will blame the victim or marginalized them. I think it's somewhat human nature. People will say all kinds of things. Like when the catholic church scandal broke -- Lots of people siding with the priests initially -- said the kids were to blame or dismissed it as a real problem.

It does and it causes real harm, I have heard victim stories where an accusation was made and ignored because the abuser "wasn't that kind of person". If any good can come out of the Jerry Sandusky and Catholic Church scandals lets hope it is to believe victims when they come forward or at the very least check out every claim.

Sandusky! I was trying to remember the name! There are penn state fans who still blame the people for coming forward. Even after he was convicted. It's as though winning at football was more important. (easy for me to say I don't care much about sports).

09-07-2013, 10:49 PM
(09-07-2013 10:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 10:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It does and it causes real harm, I have heard victim stories where an accusation was made and ignored because the abuser "wasn't that kind of person". If any good can come out of the Jerry Sandusky and Catholic Church scandals lets hope it is to believe victims when they come forward or at the very least check out every claim.

Sandusky! I was trying to remember the name! There are penn state fans who still blame the people for coming forward. Even after he was convicted. It's as though winning at football was more important. (easy for me to say I don't care much about sports).

That guy is the face of evil. What he did to all those children *shudder* and the entire time his wife knew this was going on and did nothing. As for the people at the football program it's hard to say what they knew and when but it seems as though there was an attitude of "Oh no, not Jerry" and then sticking their head in the sand and hoping it would go away if they asked him to not hang around. Both this and to a much greater extent (one we will probably never truly know) the Catholic church were more worried about the damage the institutions would suffer rather than the very real lives being ruined.

I still say the international court should charge the entire vatican with accessory to child endangerment and gross negligence with harsher charges for every bishop and cardinal ever to put pen to paper to transfer a priest away from 1 parish to a fresh batch of victims that were never warned.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-07-2013, 11:44 AM
I see it this way-when I am pointing a finger, three are pointing back at me. Try it some time.
15-07-2013, 12:38 PM
(09-07-2013 06:32 AM)absols Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 02:58 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  What the fuck?

Listen, kid, kiddo, kiddie-cakes, honey-boo-boo, you need to either learn english properly, or at least speak in pictures because I am only getting snippets of what you are saying, and none of those snippets make any damn sense.

I have a great book for you, its called a dictionary, you should read it some time.

Also, if you need it, I have some kindergarden vocab/grammar picture books for you that you MIGHT be able to understand.

And about me NOT being an atheist.... Have you LOOKED at my posts? Because your judgement is so wrong that it is practically hilarious.

I struggle to take you seriously, and I personally think that this is either some joke, or its the result of a very cruel and vindictive experiment to deprive you of education.

There is still some terse left in me, and you have felt the wrath of it. Drinking Beverage

listen piece of insulting freaking thing, u have no business with me nor my posts, if u need someone look at urself then, u r alone

there is a topic here, if u cant reply properly which means objectively only for the op, then stop insistin to post while u know that u invent anything u say

it cant b that easy as u r

Type in an actual language with real words or just piss off.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Let me ask you this:

What do you think she means when she says 'judge'?

What is your definition of judgement?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Relationship with My Dad and Why I Don't Trust People southernbelle 18 322 07-01-2014 10:35 PM
Last Post: morondog
Star Things People Say ashleypersuasion 17 369 04-08-2013 07:54 PM
Last Post: Jeffasaurus
  Why do I want people to hate me sometimes?! ELK12695 9 200 27-07-2013 04:07 AM
Last Post: BlackMason