Judio-Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2017, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 02:55 AM by GoodwithWood.)
Judio-Christian
WTF is up with this “Judio-Christain” Phrase? I mean really. Martin Luther, a German monk, started the Protestant revolution and wrote books like “The Jews and their lies” Not even the Catholic Church despised Jews as much as the Protestants did.
This is the whole premise that led to the Holocaust.
After the atrocities were discovered at the end of WW11 Christians were all like “Who…us? Wait we have been supporting Jews all this time” NOT.
So they developed this phrase “Judio-Christian” that swept their responsibility for the holocaust under the rug.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: Judio-Christian
(29-06-2017 02:51 AM)GoodwithWood Wrote:  WTF is up with this “Judio-Christain” Phrase? I mean really.

Maybe it has something to do with christianity being bastard and misbegotten child of Judaism?

Quote:Martin Luther, a German monk, started the Protestant revolution and wrote books like “The Jews and their lies” Not even the Catholic Church despised Jews as much as the Protestants did.

So?

Quote:This is the whole premise that led to the Holocaust.

What lead to Holocaust was "racial" anti-Semitism not old, religious one even if it laid groundwork and was responsible for persecution of the past. Late Raul Hilberg wrote about this in his The Destruction of the European Jews if I recall correctly.

Religious anti-Semitism made it possible for Jews to convert and save life, racial one was about "eradicating the bacillus".

Quote:After the atrocities were discovered at the end of WW11 Christians were all like “Who…us? Wait we have been supporting Jews all this time” NOT.

Atrocities were discovered much earlier: Information regarding mass murders of Jews began to reach the free world soon after these actions began in the Soviet Union in late June 1941, and the volume of such reports increased with time.

Quote:So they developed this phrase “Judo- Christian” that swept their responsibility for the holocaust under the rug.

Isn't phrase Judeo-Christian much older than that? Not to mention the fact that it was Germans and Austrians who were responsible for Shoah (with help of people of other nations). Allies may had done too little and too late but that does not make them responsible.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
29-06-2017, 03:12 AM
I thought it was a Christian who is proficient in self defense...

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 7 users Like OakTree500's post
29-06-2017, 05:23 AM
There is no *phrase* "Judio-Christian". Facepalm
It's Judeo-Christian.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-06-2017, 05:26 AM
(29-06-2017 05:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's Judeo-Christian.

And it's a child of the postwar years when it no longer was PC to hate on jews. Now it's mostly used to hate on others, grudgingly including the jews for a bit of lip service.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
29-06-2017, 07:01 AM
(29-06-2017 05:26 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 05:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's Judeo-Christian.

And it's a child of the postwar years when it no longer was PC to hate on jews. Now it's mostly used to hate on others, grudgingly including the jews for a bit of lip service.

Yes. First those-godless-Communists and now Muslims.
29-06-2017, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 08:01 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Edit.

29-06-2017, 09:53 AM
(29-06-2017 05:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no *phrase* "Judio-Christian". Facepalm
It's Judeo-Christian.

Or Judaeo-Christian.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

29-06-2017, 09:05 PM
For fucks sake move beyond the miss-spelled word and give a response to the context.
29-06-2017, 10:00 PM
I don't know. Religion is a total load of nonsense, and each religious person basically makes up their own. So even a particular denomination is only a rough guide to what any particular person might believe (for bad reasons). This may as well be called Random Set of Stupid Beliefs #8,157.

Schuzow gave a good response. He clearly knows some stuff about this. Why not reply to him?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post