Julia Sweeney - Letting go of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Julia Sweeney - Letting go of God

This is not really an apologetics video of any kind, just the story of one catholic talking about her transition to a reality-based belief system. I'm not completely sure if it is appropriate for this forum, so Moderators please feel free to kick it out elsewhere if appropriate. Warning: It's quite long.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
13-06-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: Julia Sweeney - Letting go of God
I loved this. Richard Dawkins made a big deal about her story so I rented it a year or so ago. Her story impacted me a great deal as I was transitioning from agnosticism to atheism.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-06-2012, 07:50 PM
(13-06-2012 07:15 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  

This is not really an apologetics video of any kind, just the story of one catholic talking about her transition to a reality-based belief system. I'm not completely sure if it is appropriate for this forum, so Moderators please feel free to kick it out elsewhere if appropriate. Warning: It's quite long.

Sweeney comes across as a sweety...........................At 70, I'm not ready, even steady, re this dubious reasoning. No
14-06-2012, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 11:48 AM by FSM_scot.)
(13-06-2012 07:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I loved this. Richard Dawkins made a big deal about her story so I rented it a year or so ago. Her story impacted me a great deal as I was transitioning from agnosticism to atheism.

My thoughts (and experience) almost to a T. Came across it on Netflix soon after re-labling myself atheist vice agnostic. Great, great stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes DannyW's post