Jumpin' on the SanFran train.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Jumpin' on the SanFran train.
(16-01-2012 12:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Oh, I still think the Saints are better than the 49ers, but I guess I should have said "remaining".

You can't turn the ball over 5 times and still expect to win.

And that makes San Fran the better team.

Getting close to crunch time...So stoked!

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 11:31 AM
[Image: 8d523193-42c9-4351-944e-95b36a493b0f.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
31-01-2012, 10:10 PM
In the local universe, the Pats are slated to play the Giants for the big win. I could be delusional...

I was living in San Diego after seven months only to find out I'm not a California personality. My buddy goes, "Wanna go to Tucson?"

Like, wtf?

No, I know this guy... he's got a house... we can use it.

Yeah, I'll by that for a dollar... but hopped on the light rail, went down to TJ; found some youngster vagabond from the upper middle class talking about "his house," better known as his mother's rental property and real value... anyhoo, San Diego wasn't doing it; my buddy was always my buddy, heck - I gave the vagabond a hunnert bucks "rent." Tongue

But why Tucson? Because that's where the trains go. My buddy got to adding "I wanna hop freight train" to "I know this guy who has a house in Tucson" right past the trinity of "living in San Diego" to "let's go!" Some help I was, huh? Wink

Yep. it was an experience; but I have to testify, that boxcar shit is Hollywood. Big empty open container? It bounces, it shivvys, it sways; ya can't even hear yourself think. Goona ride the rails; chemical tanker, that's your Cadillac. There's framework in the front and back from which to fasten a nest (and be off the radar of yard bulls looking for Boxcar Willy) and they're so fricking heavy they don't even go clickety clack...

They do, however, park it in the desert for eight hours at a time; seeing how a two-hundred car pull is still just logistics on a pair of tracks. We went in July. I don't recommend it, July. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
(16-01-2012 09:33 AM)lucradis Wrote:  This was very dissapointing for me as I had hoped for a train adventure themed thread. I found myself wishing you had merely placed it into the wrong category. I would have moved it for you with a smile as you would have given me an entire days worth of joy due to the train adventure story. Who doesn't love one of those? No one that's who.

But here we are now. Me with dissatisfaction written all over my beautiful face and you.... You.

Talking about sports like its even remotely interesting. If it were wouldn't they be more popular KC? I mean get real, no one watches sports. Now train adventures that's something else. A whole other beast. A superior beast.

I can only... Pray... That you may have learned a lesson from this. Maybe to name your threads more accurately. You could have called this one "the stupid thread about dumb sports and totally not cool enough to have a fancy train adventure in it" and I wouldn't have gone Ito it with hopes held high. Maybe you learned that you're too old to play "sports" and maybe it's time to give them up for big boy things like train adventures.

I can only hope you've started down the path to redemption.
I expect you to at the very least create a train adventure thread that is so wicked awesome that it blows my mind. You have ten minutes before I won't forgive you.

I'm not kidding, when I read that I was playing a song from Inception. It was quite fitting.