Jumping in with both feet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: Jumping in with both feet
(10-12-2014 07:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  When I first read your post I thought you were saying you thought chemtrails were real.

You weren't the only one who took it that way.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 11:59 AM
(08-12-2014 03:53 PM)JackX Wrote:  Thank you all for the kind words and advice.

I do believe my wife will be reasonable when this does come up, obviously it's a big step but I think the gradual introduction advice is good.
I think I may start with bringing up some of my logical issues with the Bible when it does come up.

Thanks again.
Welcome!

The military is a great place to grow up. Traveling the world (or country) has given you a unique perspective on things that others are not fortunate enough to have. My military time was very eye opening at times and very disturbing other times.

All that being said, you have a profound amount of life experiences to help you explain yourself to your wife. Draw on that experience and the cultures around you to help explain how others are different and not bad people. I agree with others that you will have to slow play this to your wife, you will know how much to let out at a time to ease the transition.

Good luck.
10-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Welcome JackX Smile

No advice but wish you luck! Very interesting and inspiring story, and proof that even with the heaviest indoctrination a a person can break free. Well played.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you went through that awful brainwashing and abuse, too.