Jungian Personalitypes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 09:43 PM by ebilekittae.)
Jungian Personalitypes
I'm not sure how well it's respected here, but I'm consistently in love with personality assessments. =P My absolute favourite one can be found here. By far the Jungian Personality Types Assessments are the most consistently correct and the most accurate (imo). Here are my results:

INTP

I - Introverted 100% (preferred to extraversion: INTPs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).)
N - iNtuitive 75% (preferred to sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.)
T - Thinking 12% (preferred to feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.)
P - Perceiving 22% (preferred to judgment: INTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change.)

You can find info about your type on Wikipedia or by searching for the type via Google. Here's a small description:

Quote:Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

[[source: here]]

I look forward to seeing you guys' results!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2010, 09:36 PM

RE: Jungian Personalitypes
I love the types too! I find them fascinating, and I find it a lot easier to relate to people when I understand that they usually can't help their idiosyncrasies, just like I can't really help mine.

I'm an INFJ - an Idealist I think they call it.

I'm interested to see how many ES's are atheists. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 02:48 AM
ISTJ (introversion, sensing, thinking, judgment)?
Wikipedia Wrote:In general, ISTJs are capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living.
Nothing new to me of course, I just think I like myself more now.Smile Also Im surpriced how accurate the results were, of course a few of details were wrong.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM

I know my belief about this is probably not grounded in anything, but I always find categorizing myself into neat little spheres because of my answers to a finite amount of questions (some of which I am forced to answer one way or another, because there is rarely an indifferent option) severely limiting. I'd like to think of myself as an individual and thus exist in my own category that includes just me.

That being said...

I was an ENTJ (Field marshal). Of course, I never will agree with their judgement. Some of these questions were so vague that I struggled to come up with an answer that reflected my beliefs.
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
ENTP (Extraverted intuitive thinking perceiving) "Inventor"

Quote:Inventors begin building gadgets and mechanisms as young children, and never really stop, though as adults they will turn their inventiveness to many kinds of organizations, social as well as mechanical. There aren't many Inventors, say about two percent of the population, but they have great impact on our everyday lives. With their innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, Inventors are always on the lookout for a better way, always eyeing new projects, new enterprises, new processes. Always aiming to "build a better mousetrap."Inventors are keenly pragmatic, and often become expert at devising the most effective means to accomplish their ends. They are the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that's the way they have been done. As a result, they often bring fresh, new approaches to their work and play. They are intensely curious and continuously probe for possibilities, especially when trying to solve complex problems. Inventors are filled with ideas, but value ideas only when they make possible actions and objects. Thus they see product design not as an end in itself, but as a means to an end, as a way of devising the prototype that works and that can be brought to market. Inventors are confident in their pragmatism, counting on their ability to find effective ways and means when they need them, rather than making a detailed blueprint in advance. A rough idea is all they need to feel ready to proceed into action.

nventors often have a lively circle of friends and are interested in their ideas and activities. They are usually easy-going, seldom critical or carping. Inventors can be engaging conversationalists, able to express their own complicated ideas and to follow the ideas of others. When arguing issues, however, they may deliberately employ debate skills to the serious disadvantage of their opponents.

Inventors are usually non-conformists in the workplace, and can succeed in many areas as long as the job does not involve too much humdrum routine. They make good leaders on pilot projects that test their ingenuity. And they are skilled at engineering human relationships and human systems, quickly grasping the politics of institutions and always wanting to understand the people within the system rather than tell them what to do. No matter what their occupation, however, Inventors display an extraordinary talent for rising to the demands of even the most impossible situations. "It can't be done" is a challenge to an Inventor and elicits a reaction of "I can do it."

Walt Disney, Benjamin Franklin, Ray Kurtzweil, Buckminster Fuller, Richard Feynman, Thomas Edison, Camille Paglia, and Nicola Tesla are examples of an Inventor Rationals.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I'll take this test later when I've got a little more time (just eating lunch at my desk now).

I will say in my professional life I've taken several of these types of personality tests and in the last 6 months I've had to do an entire "personality assessment" conducted by a consulting firm who specializes in this stuff to determine if I was the "right" person for a promotion (that I was not even aware I was competing for - the whole thing was sort of surreal). I agree with TA about being more, and less, then the sum of these tests but having been through several variations of these things I think they can be eerily accurate in determining, at least at a macro level, what your basic personality is.

Obviously we all have nuances to ourselves that transcend what a simple test can determine but in the context of trying to determine if someone is generally a good fit for a certain type of job or group or something like that, these tests can be fairly useful.

And, I was a huge cynic about this going into it and had very low expectations and was surprised by the accuracy of what I went through.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:What does ones personality have to do with how good worker the one is?

It's not so much about personality in the sense of are you a nice person, do you have a sense of humor, etc. It's more an evaluation about how you think and problem solve, how you react to pressures, how you make decisions (and, for some people, will you make a decision - some people will not for fear of accountability), what kind of leader you are in terms of how motivate and manage people that work for you, are superior to you or are your peers. Understanding these things about people well help organizations fill leadership positions with the "right" people as opposed to those who do the best job managing up and kissing rear. In my work experience, a lot of people get ahead because they do a great job managing upwards while the rest of us are getting things done.

Like I said, I was a big cynic about all this when I get involved and I'm a general cynic about these things, but I was fairly impressed with the process and what they said about me. And, that was before it came out that I was one of the chosen future wunderkind to be pushed into these new bigger roles (for the same money, sadly).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM

I test ENFP pretty consistently. Hey.. is that shiny....
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
INTJ
Introverted - 89%
Intuitive - 50%
Thinking - 75%
Judging - 56%

Nothing new for me.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
INTJ (introversion, intuition, thinking, judgment) - "Mastermind" heh heh Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula