Junk, leggings and a wobble most jelly would be jelly of.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 06:31 AM
RE: Junk, leggings and a wobble most jelly would be jelly of.
(11-04-2016 12:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  However, leggings/tights on a skinny girl... Yes Yes Yes

Yeah, but I've never seen them as part of a whole package that didn't also make me want to steer clear of them. There's always something else that sets off warning flares. Whether it's the New Jersey spray tan, wearing the massive bug-eyed shades indoors, their manner of speech, that artificial hump of hair on top of their head, etc.

Then again, maybe's I'm the superficial asshole here and they're all wonderful ladies of deep intellect and sharp wit once you get to know them. I doubt it, but I could be wrong. I mean, I'm not, but I could be. Tongue

Meh I wear yoga pants all the time. They're insanely comfortable. None of the rest of your descriptors match me except possibly manner of speech because I don't know what manner of speech you mean.

Mainly, like Momsie said, it's because I'm too fucking lazy to wear real pants xD

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
11-04-2016, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 07:24 AM by jennybee.)
I wear yoga pants all the time (and sometimes leggings for said yoga class Wink ) because I teach yoga. Women (and men) who wear leggings in my class and classes I take are in insanely good shape. None of them (including myself) wear huge sunglasses, have spray tans (in fact, I'm pale as fuck lol) or a Snookie bump on their heads unless you consider a yoga bun to be a Jersey Shore hairstyle Tongue

I also sometimes wear pajamas to the grocery store and I am anything but lazy. I have two degrees and up until recently (since I am in the process of a relocation) worked 40-50 hours a week and taught yoga and Zumba classes on top of that. Granted, the pajamas I wear don't really look like pajamas as they don't have a pattern on them--they're just a plain color like sweatpants, but they are pajamas nonetheless. Big Grin I sometimes do that because I have several rescue dogs and I get up early with them every morning to take them for a walk and to take care of them, and sometimes, I am tired and just want a coffee and don't feel like throwing on regular clothes just to go to a grocery store at 6am and stand in line at Starbucks. It seems like an unnecessary step before I go home and get ready for my day.

I think people should wear what they want when they want. That's one of the things I like about Cali--many unique and uniquely dressed people here. Makes things interesting Smile
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
11-04-2016, 07:32 AM
My wife wears them when she works out. Ooooohhhhhhhh man it love it........ Drooling

I do agree with Muffs though. There are some clothes that people just shouldn't wear due to their body type. Can you imagine Jenny in a mumu? She'd look like she was wearing a tent.

I think that the speedo is the male equivalent to the legging in terms of people wearing it who shouldn't.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
11-04-2016, 07:40 AM
(11-04-2016 03:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't care/mind what people wear, but I will make a comment or secretly giggle with the person I'm out with at that moment if we see one of those fine specimens.

(10-04-2016 11:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  However, leggings/tights on a skinny girl... Yes Yes Yes

I'm not skinny, but I'm not obese either (just maybe 10 pounds above "normal") and I wear leggings and yoga pants all the time Consider
I'd like to think that it doesn't make me look ridiculous. Nothing hangs or wobbles too much, there's no cellulite showing through and my boyfriend loves it.

So, society, am I allowed to wear leggings or not? Tongue

Definitely allowed. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
11-04-2016, 08:11 AM
(11-04-2016 05:51 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 05:41 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Oh, so you think skirts and jeans are more comfortable? I'm sorry, but if my aim was to show off my body, I would actually wear skirts or shorts or very very uncomfortable clothes. Leggings and yoga pants are the comfiest things ever.

Occasionally, I will wear clothes to show off my body. But it won't be yoga pants.

You know full-well it's not just for comfort. Men don't wear leggings when they want comfort. They wear sweats or basketball shorts or pajama pants. You wear leggings before these things because it's more revealing of your contours.

1. Have you ever worn yoga pants? How do you know they're not the most comfortable thing ever?

2. Joe Namath (famous Super Bowl-winning New York Jets quarterback, for the youngsters out there) wore panty-hose, or at least claimed to -- presumably for comfort. Of course, I'm pretty sure he wore something else over them (like regular pants).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
11-04-2016, 08:29 AM
(11-04-2016 08:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 05:51 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You know full-well it's not just for comfort. Men don't wear leggings when they want comfort. They wear sweats or basketball shorts or pajama pants. You wear leggings before these things because it's more revealing of your contours.

1. Have you ever worn yoga pants? How do you know they're not the most comfortable thing ever?

2. Joe Namath (famous Super Bowl-winning New York Jets quarterback, for the youngsters out there) wore panty-hose, or at least claimed to -- presumably for comfort. Of course, I'm pretty sure he wore something else over them (like regular pants).

I call bullshit on Namath. No one wears pantyhose for comfort. Those fuckers just suck. They're a bitch to get on, they bind. Then you go the bathroom you've got to be careful not to run them. I'll take wearing a garter belt over that shit anyday.

I know he was paid a fuck ton (at the time) to wear them for an ad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2016, 08:49 AM
I couldn't care less what other people wear.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
11-04-2016, 09:03 AM
(11-04-2016 08:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 05:51 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  You know full-well it's not just for comfort. Men don't wear leggings when they want comfort. They wear sweats or basketball shorts or pajama pants. You wear leggings before these things because it's more revealing of your contours.

I'm actually going to go with Gilgy on this... Yes I know he's unpopular and usually wrong.

Tights, leggings, yoga pants are NOT as comfortable as fleecy lined sweats, PJs, or even some of the thinner, softer pants I've worn... But they're definitely more comfy than jeans, and won't get caught in gears and ripped from your body when you're riding down the road in rush hour traffic.

So yeah, they're likely chosen over sweats or the like when someone wants comfort and to show off a bit (because walking around a store in tights vs sweats gives no practical advantage like they do in cycling), but who really gives a fuck Gilgy?! Yesterday I put a pair of jeans on instead of my sweats, since sweats don't go well with a leather jacket. People will compromise comfort for visual appeal. Leggings over sweats is nowhere near the compromise that jeans are.
11-04-2016, 09:07 AM
I wear leggings all the time but....you know......ballet, yoga, bicycling and walking. I wear them when I mow the lawn with my old fashioned push mower too.

"Piejamah," or pajama is originally from Persia and India and were brought back by the British in the 19th century. They still wear something similar today, in Iran and India that is. They're super comfortable and the western upper class took to to the new Piejamah fad very quickly for lounging around because who want's to lounge around in corsets and the stiff collars. Blah!

[Image: pajamas_bombay_custom-b1c9c86f6d5883e192...00-c85.jpg]

These are lounging pajamas from the Edwardian era.

[Image: 84effd69904dc19db68c0ec43b1fca75.jpg]

These pajamas are from the late 1920's

[Image: 30-nowitsky-purple-lounging-pajama-1929....;amp;h=500]

So there you have it. Pajamas for everyone! Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-04-2016, 09:34 AM
(11-04-2016 09:03 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 08:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  1. Have you ever worn yoga pants? How do you know they're not the most comfortable thing ever?

I'm actually going to go with Gilgy on this... Yes I know he's unpopular and usually wrong.

Tights, leggings, yoga pants are NOT as comfortable as fleecy lined sweats, PJs, or even some of the thinner, softer pants I've worn... But they're definitely more comfy than jeans, and won't get caught in gears and ripped from your body when you're riding down the road in rush hour traffic.

So yeah, they're likely chosen over sweats or the like when someone wants comfort and to show off a bit (because walking around a store in tights vs sweats gives no practical advantage like they do in cycling), but who really gives a fuck Gilgy?! Yesterday I put a pair of jeans on instead of my sweats, since sweats don't go well with a leather jacket. People will compromise comfort for visual appeal. Leggings over sweats is nowhere near the compromise that jeans are.

I personally find leggings and yoga pants more comfortable than sweats or jeans. I frequently sleep, work out, and run my kid to school in leggings or yoga pants. If I need to do an errand in a store on the way back, then I'm walking around the store in them. I'm not doing it to "flaunt" anything, I'm just bundling my errands on the way to my workout. I encounter lots of other middle-aged moms wearing yoga pants while they're getting shit done. At Target, which is next to LA Fitness, I frequently see men walking around in leggings.

I spend the rest of the time in tights and skirts/dresses, leggings and tunics or long shirts, or bare legs and skirts /dresses, depending on the weather, because those are the next most comfortable clothing option for me and are easier to move around in than jeans or slacks.

People have different anatomies and different sensory preferences, and it's not surprising to me for anatomical reasons that many men would find sweats more comfortable.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post