Junk, leggings and a wobble most jelly would be jelly of.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 09:37 AM
RE: Junk, leggings and a wobble most jelly would be jelly of.
(11-04-2016 01:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I wish I could dress sharply....

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 11:22 AM
(11-04-2016 09:34 AM)julep Wrote:  People have different anatomies and different sensory preferences, and it's not surprising to me for anatomical reasons that many men would find sweats more comfortable.

Yeah, It's probably the dangly bits that makes my decision in this case... And in many cases.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-04-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't care what people wear or how much they weigh. My wife and I have never had weight problems but I think we are lucky. We are also very active and we don't eat carbs. Our son and grandson inherited my wife's dislike for sugar and they are very active too.

I can't get too huffy about obese people because I recognize that sugar is one of the most addictive substances ever discovered. Some experts say it is more addictive than heroin. I've been addicted to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco and I know how hard it is to break those habits. Consequently, I tend to sympathize with people who "battle the bulge."
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
11-04-2016, 12:29 PM
(11-04-2016 09:03 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 08:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  1. Have you ever worn yoga pants? How do you know they're not the most comfortable thing ever?

I'm actually going to go with Gilgy on this... Yes I know he's unpopular and usually wrong.

Tights, leggings, yoga pants are NOT as comfortable as fleecy lined sweats, PJs, or even some of the thinner, softer pants I've worn... But they're definitely more comfy than jeans, and won't get caught in gears and ripped from your body when you're riding down the road in rush hour traffic.

So yeah, they're likely chosen over sweats or the like when someone wants comfort and to show off a bit (because walking around a store in tights vs sweats gives no practical advantage like they do in cycling), but who really gives a fuck Gilgy?! Yesterday I put a pair of jeans on instead of my sweats, since sweats don't go well with a leather jacket. People will compromise comfort for visual appeal. Leggings over sweats is nowhere near the compromise that jeans are.

You are highly mistaken my friend. Fleece lined sweats are too hot eww. There's nothing more comfortable that yoga pants. Nothing.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
11-04-2016, 05:13 PM
(11-04-2016 03:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  So, society, am I allowed to wear leggings or not? Tongue

From what you've written, hell yeah. Show the world what gawd gave ya. It may make your bf happier to know that he can look at other guys and laugh inside at them being jelly.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
11-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I don't care what other people wear outdoors. I do care if their clothing is very dirty and smelly- but I live in a farming and fishing area, so many people are walking around in smelly overalls and muddy fishing clothing. If I am working outdoors I am a dirty sweaty mess, usually in work clothing. I take a lot of showers in between the work because it is very muddy here, and the work is very messy. I take a shower and change before I go to a store.
I think there are a lot of different reasons people dress the way that they do- and some people have a huge amount of pizazz, and love to be glittery fabulousness in spandex. I sometimes watch them with fascination, though. I have some over the top friends who love to dress in crazy ways- and more power to them. I also think some young and beautiful people could wear anything or nothing and look adorable. I just care that people do put forth a little effort to try to be clean, and stitch up rips- unless they are intentional.Big Grin

I wear yoga pants and gym clothing when I go to the gym or on my stair master, or after I have worked all day and shower and change for an evening at home. I don't wear them in any other situation. But if I had a different lifestyle, I may have been a yoga pants person, who knows? When I am not working I like comfort and simple well-made clothing in natural, very soft fabrics-nice lines, unusual cuts, and flowy textured fabric without a pattern or with a very subtle pattern. I like simple.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
11-04-2016, 06:56 PM
I used to work at a call center that had a dress code. It was business casual but we had an obese lady who worked with us and she was too big to wear most business type clothes so she came in every day in huge t-shirts and leggings. One day she said she liked leggings because they are stretchy, comfortable and prevent chafing. It was sad to think she couldn't wear jeans or khakis or even a skirt, it had to be leggings. So for that reason I tend to look the other way. I'm just glad I have more options but leggings are very comfy, I just wear something over them most of the time and even my co-worker wore shirts big enough to cover most of her legs but whatever, she had to make money somehow and she has to wear something so leggings it is.

The funny thing is we would often complain that we couldn't wear t-shirts, jeans, sneakers and the casual everyday type clothes she wore. I thought it was pretty unfair to be honest. She would straight up come in wearing pajamas sometimes, like what? I wished I could just roll out of bed and not worry about a skirt and heels. It was way more annoying than having to watch her walk around in leggings for sure.I work from home now so I wear whatever I want all day and she's probably still obese so now I just feel bad for her more than anything.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
11-04-2016, 07:03 PM
(11-04-2016 06:31 PM)carol Wrote:  I don't care what other people wear outdoors. I do care if their clothing is very dirty and smelly- but I live in a farming and fishing area, so many people are walking around in smelly overalls and muddy fishing clothing. If I am working outdoors I am a dirty sweaty mess, usually in work clothing. I take a lot of showers in between the work because it is very muddy here, and the work is very messy. I take a shower and change before I go to a store.
I think there are a lot of different reasons people dress the way that they do- and some people have a huge amount of pizazz, and love to be glittery fabulousness in spandex. I sometimes watch them with fascination, though. I have some over the top friends who love to dress in crazy ways- and more power to them. I also think some young and beautiful people could wear anything or nothing and look adorable. I just care that people do put forth a little effort to try to be clean, and stitch up rips- unless they are intentional.Big Grin

I wear yoga pants and gym clothing when I go to the gym or on my stair master, or after I have worked all day and shower and change for an evening at home. I don't wear them in any other situation. But if I had a different lifestyle, I may have been a yoga pants person, who knows? When I am not working I like comfort and simple well-made clothing in natural, very soft fabrics-nice lines, unusual cuts, and flowy textured fabric without a pattern or with a very subtle pattern. I like simple.

I also go shopping before or after the gym and I'll still be in my spandex, yoga pants or sweats and I've heard you shouldn't go out like that but I'm out anyway, might as well get some shopping done. Plus I don't think anyone would complain since I'm not overweight but if they did I wouldn't care. I'm not gonna go home, get dressed again, go back out and do the shopping. My gym is about 15 minutes away which isn't bad but no way I'm making two trips.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
11-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(11-04-2016 07:03 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 06:31 PM)carol Wrote:  I don't care what other people wear outdoors. I do care if their clothing is very dirty and smelly- but I live in a farming and fishing area, so many people are walking around in smelly overalls and muddy fishing clothing. If I am working outdoors I am a dirty sweaty mess, usually in work clothing. I take a lot of showers in between the work because it is very muddy here, and the work is very messy. I take a shower and change before I go to a store.

I also go shopping before or after the gym and I'll still be in my spandex, yoga pants or sweats and I've heard you shouldn't go out like that but I'm out anyway, might as well get some shopping done. Plus I don't think anyone would complain since I'm not overweight but if they did I wouldn't care. I'm not gonna go home, get dressed again, go back out and do the shopping. My gym is about 15 minutes away which isn't bad but no way I'm making two trips.

Makes a lot of sense to me, no need for two trips. I usually shower at the gym, and change there, but then I have to go out with wet hair- which is no good in winter. I don't care much about other people complaining either!Big Grin People should wear what they want to.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
11-04-2016, 07:30 PM
No one complains when I wear leggings.

Because I look fabulous in them.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post