Jupiter Oribital Insertion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: Jupiter Oribital Insertion
(08-07-2016 07:06 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  So when do we start to see some data/images? I am anxious to be in awe of the beauty of our universe!

On Planetary Radio they said August. The craft is in orbit but has to drop down much lower to get good data and pictures. Getting it in the right place while keeping sunlight on the solar panels is the priority at the moment, and limited bandwidth means images will take a while.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 07:49 AM
(08-07-2016 07:06 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  So when do we start to see some data/images? I am anxious to be in awe of the beauty of our universe!

[Image: JupiterAurora_Hubble_1000.jpg]

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
11-07-2016, 10:48 AM
(11-07-2016 07:49 AM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  

We can clearly see here that there is a halo over the top of Jupiter, thereby confirming the bible and therefore Jesus.

I bet that is around the corner.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
11-07-2016, 10:51 AM
(11-07-2016 10:48 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 07:49 AM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  [Image: JupiterAurora_Hubble_1000.jpg]

We can clearly see here that there is a halo over the top of Jupiter, thereby confirming the bible and therefore Jesus.

I bet that is around the corner.

[Image: ancient-aliens-guy.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-07-2016, 08:06 AM
(11-07-2016 07:49 AM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  

(That's a Hubble composite)
http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016...atmosphere

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-07-2016, 09:37 AM
First image from orbit.

[Image: pia20707_figa.jpg?]

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/nasa-s-j...orbit-view

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
13-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Movie of the Galilean moons captured by Juno while on approach.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
13-07-2016, 06:19 PM
(11-07-2016 07:48 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  

On Planetary Radio they said August. The craft is in orbit but has to drop down much lower to get good data and pictures. Getting it in the right place while keeping sunlight on the solar panels is the priority at the moment, and limited bandwidth means images will take a while.

The first flyby is on August 27th according to Juno's Facebook page.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
29-07-2016, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 02:24 PM by Popeye's Pappy.)
(16-06-2016 02:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Can't wait for the data to start coming back!

They just published an image of the south pole. I can't get it to link but it is available here.

https://scontent.fhsv1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=5832D357

Shit! that's not working either. Works fine at AF.com

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic...msg1142865

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
29-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Here ya go.
[Image: D1Ap6Ln.jpg]