Jurassic Park

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Jurassic Park
Great Sci-Fi film from the past.

Why talk about it? Coz' I'M THE MOTHERFUCKIN' T-REX, that's why!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
14-12-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: Jurassic Park
Dude, they don't pay royalties here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-12-2016, 11:50 PM
That's a review, not the full movie.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Cheques aren't as big? Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-12-2016, 12:14 AM
(14-12-2016 11:20 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Great Sci-Fi film from the past.

Why talk about it? Coz' I'M THE MOTHERFUCKIN' T-REX, that's why!

Insufficient feathers.
0/10
would not Jurassic again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
15-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Seriously. Think the T-Rex in that film was scary? Add some aggressive predator-plumage:

[Image: MQ3cbW2.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20140415233257]

Not to mention the Velociraptors (which thankfully did get some feathers by the 3rd sequel) get even nastier:

[Image: Velociraptor_u4hjbq.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-12-2016, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2016 04:37 AM by ELK12695.)
(14-12-2016 11:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Cheques aren't as big? Smile

Actually, the reviewer(s) in question, Doug Walker and his brother Rob, are very successful entrepreneurs.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
15-12-2016, 04:36 AM
(15-12-2016 01:13 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Not to mention the Velociraptors (which thankfully did get some feathers by the 3rd sequel) get even nastier:

[Image: Velociraptor_u4hjbq.jpg]

Not as nasty as Jurassic Park 3 was in itself.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
15-12-2016, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2016 05:40 AM by Aractus.)
(14-12-2016 11:50 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  That's a review, not the full movie.

Maybe so but I switched off it. Unlike (I'm guessing) most people here I did read both books cover-to-cover twice. Many of the problems introduced in the first two films are not found in the book, and yet critics so often overlook this.

Now I switched off it because of his comment about tranquillisers, and the fact that he obviously expects them to work the way they do in Jurassic Park: The Lost World. Given the scenario though they probably did use a tranquilliser to transport the raptor! I think he meant they should have used an anaesthetic to transport the so-called velociraptors, which of course is not the way they are used in veterinary practice aside from surgery.

So yeah that's a complete fail. The film's biggest problem, in my opinion, is when they have to abseil down a cliff into the T-Rex enclosure that was previously level with the road. Why would you even need such a high fence with that cliff? Why would you stop the cars at a cliff where they can't see the attractions? Nothing about it made sense.

Yes the bipedal dinosaurs should have been covered head to toe in feathers - however that was not known in 1992 (or before that when in pre-production), and at least they were correct that the bipeds were the ancestors of modern birds.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2016, 12:33 PM
That movie was total bullshit and inaccurate. There weren't even saddles on the triceratops.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post