Just An Angry Rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Just An Angry Rant
I hate April First, I hate April Fools Day. And I use the word hate very strongly in that sentence.

On one hand you got your jokes that are rather humors, like what was done on this sight, it's rather funny. Then you got your idiots who think it's cute and funny to joke about injuries and throw paper wrappers at you to get a laugh. Or when your having a serious conversation they have to joke with you about a link you said them. Dodgy

I live with a step dad who has the humor of a young child. Two younger sisters, and a grandfather who will throw his candy wrappers at me to annoy me. You can image these people on April First, if they remember it.

I'm at my wits end with this 'holiday'. People at my school used to joke about things that were serious matters and laugh at me when I was made the 'fool'. It wasn't funny when your bleeding off your hand, which turned out to be ketchup.

Next person who tries to do a joke near me, when I have to put up with it every other day of my life, it getting stabbed in the eyes! I tend to not like crowds or people, nor people who think they are being funny (And I live in a Republican area you can imagine the jokes I here). And I hate people even more on April First. It grates at my nerves.

I can take a joke any other day, but on the day where EVERYONE is joking, I feel like clawing some eyes out and hope to whoever is listening up there they get a fist to the face for a joke they pull on someone. Jokes can be funny, but on this day I see it so much that it just makes me grit my teeth.

I just needed to get that off my chest. I deal with these 'jokes' and 'pranks' every day of my life at home. (Vomit, Fart, Poop, and Paper Throwing Jokes.) The kind that make you looked at the person hatefully and wish there weren't laws that prevented you from stabbing the prick.

Thanks for listening to my angry rant about this holiday.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
01-04-2017, 04:18 PM
RE: Just An Angry Rant
I'm just glad it's on a weekend this year, so I don't have to deal with annoying prankster coworkers. Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
01-04-2017, 04:22 PM
(01-04-2017 04:18 PM)cactus Wrote:  I'm just glad it's on a weekend this year, so I don't have to deal with annoying prankster coworkers. Cool

I know the feeling. At least you don't have those people who think it's 'April Fools Week' Cool

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
01-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Speaking of goofy April Fool's Day things...anyone seen KC?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-04-2017, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 04:44 PM by cactus.)
(01-04-2017 04:22 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 04:18 PM)cactus Wrote:  I'm just glad it's on a weekend this year, so I don't have to deal with annoying prankster coworkers. Cool

I know the feeling. At least you don't have those people who think it's 'April Fools Week' Cool
Eww, who draws it out over a whole week? Those people people sound sadistic to me. Avoid. Drinking Beverage Can we get a "block" button IRL? lol

I usually just ignore people when they're making jokes at my expense, or smile at them and then give them a reason to "help" me with something, like "Oh hey, do you remember where that meeting is in 30 minutes? Cool, thanks. See you there." or give them a reason to talk about themselves. People LOVE doing that "Hey, is your daughter still sick?" "Hey, is your pet gerbil still sick?" "Hey, are you still sick? Well, you're still coughing, so I'll avoid being around you just in case." Changin the subject like a boss Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-04-2017, 04:49 PM
[Image: fdvyhj.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
01-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Donald Trump is president.

I wish that was an April fools joke.

Shocking
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
01-04-2017, 06:14 PM
(01-04-2017 04:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Speaking of goofy April Fool's Day things...anyone seen KC?

I heard he became an atheist. All of my posts today have a hidden message. I am obligated to say "Jesus loves you" as a Christian. Also because I'm trying to go for a Christian theme.
Anyhow, on RubyCrystal's post, sorry Sad It sucks when people aren't necessarily being the most kind about April Fools. And the jokes heh...I can imagine.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2017, 06:16 PM
It's just another day. I don't fret it. Everyday is April fools day at the Fire Station. If you don't grow a thick skin really fast, it's going to be a very long, shitty career. One thing I learned very early in my career is to NEVER EVER let someone knows what pushes your buttons. If you do that, they will push that button into the ground.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
02-04-2017, 06:00 AM
My only serious gripe about April Fool's Day is that it was the day in 1969 when I was drafted into the army. Angry
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post