Just Read a Chick Tract

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 07:12 PM by Res Publica.)
Just Read a Chick Tract
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp

After reading this, I have to wonder if Chick has eve converted anyone with his cartoons. The thing even has little jot notes recommending Kent Hovind's seminars.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: Just Read a CHick Tract
Those things are always terrible. You know you're in for a shitty demonstration when one side is portrayed as a screaming, sweating lunatic and the other as calm and collected, before you even read what they have to say.
10-11-2014, 02:57 PM
These things are atrocious. I cannot see it swaying anyone.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-11-2014, 03:01 PM
I like the parody of the comic in the OP that isn't riddled with misinformation.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
10-11-2014, 03:42 PM
(10-11-2014 02:41 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp

After reading this, I have to wonder if Chick has eve converted anyone with his cartoons. The thing even has little jot notes recommending Kent Hovind's seminars.

I've wondered the same thing.

Then I wondered, if Chick DID manage to convert people this way.... what sort of people would they be, and what would they do with their newfound Christianity?

*shudder*
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
10-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Perscription procured: Pertinent parody perpetrates profundity.

Jack Chick is a wacko even by the standards of the "lying to your fundamental consumer base" crowd. Easiest way to tell is to look at the stuff he's no longer willing to distribute.

But that is only tangentally related to the topic: I generally think people deserve the benifit of the doubt, they're smart enough to tell what's true. They choose not to think about it because it generally doesn't effect their decision making process.

I think Jack Chick it genuinely too stupid to understand that he's not creating a compelling arguement.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
10-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Well; they're like most apologetics. They're supposed to re-assure the believers.

You're not really the intended audience.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
10-11-2014, 05:14 PM
I love them. Laugh out load

Used to be forced to read them as a kid and one gave me nightmares.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Absolutely terrible... Including portraying the Christian as the calm, collected one. Oh, of course Lucy was just a chimpanzee... Ugh!! Bad memories from my Christian school days.
10-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Apparently we didn't get them at Catholic school. I didn't even hear of them till Seth was talking about them on a podcast.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF