Just Read a Chick Tract

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: Just Read a CHick Tract
Of course now, if one were so inclined, you could scan them in, blank out the speech bubbles, download a comic font and type in something completely different ...

I saw some sociology students do something similar to Peanuts cartoons and it was hilarious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
I've never read a Chick Tract. I probably never will...
10-11-2014, 06:28 PM
http://enterthejabberwock.com/category/d...ack-chick/

http://www.fecundity.com/darkdung/darkdung.php?page=1

I refuse to read these things without someone mocking them.

And some of the parodys are great;

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1510995.html

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
10-11-2014, 07:12 PM
(10-11-2014 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Apparently we didn't get them at Catholic school. I didn't even hear of them till Seth was talking about them on a podcast.

Probably because Chick is an anti-Catholic extremist. He believes the Catholic Church started Islam, communism and Nazism. He also has one about Mary crying because the Catholic Church is evil and worships her as a false idol.

Strangely, he never goes after the Orthodox Church, probably because he doesn't know the difference between Orthodox and Catholic.

On another note, he also has seemingly conflicting ideas about Jews. He has one supporting Israel, and another about how Jews are all going to Hell.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
10-11-2014, 07:33 PM
RE: Just Read a Chick Tract
(10-11-2014 07:12 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  On another note, he also has seemingly conflicting ideas about Jews. He has one supporting Israel, and another about how Jews are all going to Hell.

There's no conflict there; Israel is necessary in order to fulfill prophecy in anticipation of the second coming but the Jews themselves are hellbound.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Re: Just Read a Chick Tract
These tracts just anger the artist in me. They're just bad on so many levels. The writing is funny to me, but that "artwork" just burns my eyes.
11-11-2014, 05:35 AM
I love Discern4's reviews of these tracts:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-11-2014, 01:46 PM
(10-11-2014 04:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well; they're like most apologetics. They're supposed to re-assure the believers.

You're not really the intended audience.

It doesn't reassure me. It just confirms that I'm going to hell.

Truth seeker.
16-11-2014, 04:46 PM
^Why? I was under the impession you were religious.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
16-11-2014, 05:38 PM
(16-11-2014 04:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^Why? I was under the impession you were religious.

He's a troll who claims to be unable to deny the truth of presuppositionalist claims but backs away from any actual questions and topics that would expose how idiotic and flawed that idea is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post