Just Read a Chick Tract

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Just Read a Chick Tract
^I see no reason to doubt you.

Diddo if that's true I can almost guarantee that you're smarter than that and I'd like to point you towards Dido instead:
Quote:Just in this life, I need no other
Just this day, I need no more
Just this moment, let it all stop here
Let it all stop here I've had my fill.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2014, 09:17 PM
(16-11-2014 04:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^Why? I was under the impession you were religious.

Religion was invented by man as a way to cope with the harsh reality. I only care about truth.

Truth seeker.
16-11-2014, 11:09 PM
(16-11-2014 09:17 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 04:46 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^Why? I was under the impession you were religious.

Religion was invented by man as a way to cope with the harsh reality. I only care about truth.
That's... Buzzword-y and that makes it difficult to believe you but I can't take issue with your intent. (Maybe.)

Your sentiment however:
Harsh my butt. ("Harsh" my butt: Nightly. Bangin Wink) The world isn't severe or disproportionate. The way things are is the way it can be. Nothing more nothing less. That is especially true given that I'm writing this in a first world country, in the comfiest chair in the building on a fantastic combination of supermarket, friend, lover and confidant.

Even if that weren't the case I'd say we're better off without the various parental figures described in religious texts. There isn't a single one of them that I'd like to see in charge.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
17-11-2014, 12:28 AM
(10-11-2014 04:12 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Perscription procured: Pertinent parody perpetrates profundity.

Jack Chick is a wacko even by the standards of the "lying to your fundamental consumer base" crowd. Easiest way to tell is to look at the stuff he's no longer willing to distribute.

But that is only tangentally related to the topic: I generally think people deserve the benifit of the doubt, they're smart enough to tell what's true. They choose not to think about it because it generally doesn't effect their decision making process.

I think Jack Chick it genuinely too stupid to understand that he's not creating a compelling arguement.

That Lisa comic... That comic is horrifying. Blink

What the FUCK is up with Jack Chick?
17-11-2014, 12:38 AM
(17-11-2014 12:28 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 04:12 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Perscription procured: Pertinent parody perpetrates profundity.

Jack Chick is a wacko even by the standards of the "lying to your fundamental consumer base" crowd. Easiest way to tell is to look at the stuff he's no longer willing to distribute.

But that is only tangentally related to the topic: I generally think people deserve the benifit of the doubt, they're smart enough to tell what's true. They choose not to think about it because it generally doesn't effect their decision making process.

I think Jack Chick it genuinely too stupid to understand that he's not creating a compelling arguement.

That Lisa comic... That comic is horrifying. Blink

What the FUCK is up with Jack Chick?

I refer to my signature in such cases, if I'm to be honest.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.