Just Saying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Just Saying
I continue to be amazed by the people who need to have an excuse for existence and try to describe complex philosophical reasons for their existence.

We by some not understood reason exist, well other than the fact that our parents fucked. We get to eat, drink, see beautiful places, fuck, think about things, worry about our society, wade in the salt water, find pretty rocks, live and then we die. For some weird reasons we exist, why worry, exist and then as is the fate of all living things die.

Just be thankful you are not a Bristlecone Pine living for thousands of years in freezing cold and then searing heat.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like JAH's post
31-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Just Saying
I haven't really found many pretty rocks Sad

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
31-08-2013, 02:32 PM
They're called geodes. And like some people, they're beautiful on the inside and ugly on the outside.

I like what you're laying down, Jah. I don't concern myself about the WHY.
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
31-08-2013, 02:33 PM
(31-08-2013 02:32 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  I like what you're laying down, Jah. I don't concern myself about the WHY.

Why not?

... this is my signature!
31-08-2013, 02:38 PM
(31-08-2013 02:32 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  geodes.

geodude.
[Image: Geodude.gif]

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
31-08-2013, 02:51 PM
undergroundp, walk on light colored granite in a full moon, some of my best nights in the Sierras of California were done so. You are in Greece you don't find marble lovely. There must also be crystalline rocks there that are lovely.

Look harder.
31-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Marble reminds me of old houses and grannies. The closest I get to pretty rocks is with beer bottle glass pebbles at the beach.

Complex philosophical thoughts do arise when you're looking at rocky beaches.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-08-2013, 06:38 PM
(31-08-2013 09:59 AM)JAH Wrote:  I continue to be amazed by the people who need to have an excuse for existence and try to describe complex philosophical reasons for their existence.

We by some not understood reason exist, well other than the fact that our parents fucked. We get to eat, drink, see beautiful places, fuck, think about things, worry about our society, wade in the salt water, find pretty rocks, live and then we die. For some weird reasons we exist, why worry, exist and then as is the fate of all living things die.

Just be thankful you are not a Bristlecone Pine living for thousands of years in freezing cold and then searing heat.

Some of my best friends are Bristlecone Pines and they feel sorry for humans. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Chas, I must ask if you have ever been to the Owens Valley and the White Mountains of California and actually touched Bristlecone Pines. I have and they hate me because I do not have to withstand the things they do. They tell me that they have no sympathy for the isolated Cypress on cliff sides that suffer from repeated lightning strikes. They asked me if I wanted to stand there naked on that rocky soil with little nutrients for thousands of years. I demurred.

undergroundb, I am in the process of moving to a new home, one of the things that was moved was a bit of glass transformed by a wild fire that I found, also a smashed can caused by I assume a bear, it certainly looks like a paw did it. Wondering at the world and the evidence I can find has informed my life for much of it. Worn glass on rocky beaches is part of that wonder.

Grannies and old houses should be considered as part of your past and considered as such. Unless the grannies were evil, one of mine was, they should be listened to and respected.

And, there are beautiful rocks.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
01-09-2013, 12:27 PM
(31-08-2013 06:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Some of my best friends are Bristlecone Pines and they feel sorry for humans. Dodgy

I'm going for Giant Sequoia next time around. No reason to prematurely jump into Bristlecone Pine territory without sufficient training. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.