Just Venting - Will lose my Fiance if I don't "find god"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Just Venting - Will lose my Fiance if I don't "find god"
(25-07-2014 10:30 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Sorry about the impending loss of this relationship in your life. If it's any consolation, heathen girls will shout your name rather than God's. Smile

Only if he gets out of that relationship without being neutered.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm sad cause I can tell you really care for her. If only she cared the same for you.

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
25-07-2014, 02:04 PM
I can only see things getting worse for your situation. After you've gotten married to her and you finally realize you can't take it anymore would be worse than getting out now. What if you have children together? Buy joint property?
Make sure you get the ring back on your way out the door!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Heres some undeniable shit for you both to consider. I've said it a bunch of times, so it may seem short;

Belief is not a choice. I can't CHOOSE to believe in god. Its simply not possible. If I were to see compelling evidence, or even have a compelling experience, then I'm not sure I could CHOOSE to disbelieve.

Now consider the christian god; the omnipotent, omniscient creator. He made me in such a way that its not possible to believe in him without compelling evidence. He also knows I am this way, and is fully capable of providing me with exactly what it would take to make me believe... Yet he doesn't do that.

So now if we assume this christian god exists, there are a few things that logically follow when you die;
He knows that he didn't give you what you needed to believe in him.
He accepts you into heaven, based on you having lived a good life
Or
You're hellbound simply because he created you based on some design where you were always destined for a lake of fire. In which case, he's never been worthy of your worship.

It has nothing to do with choice or second chances... If the christian god exists, he's simply not giving you what you need to believe.
25-07-2014, 02:33 PM
(25-07-2014 10:30 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Sorry about the impending loss of this relationship in your life. If it's any consolation, heathen girls will shout your name rather than God's. Smile

That's only if he's any good. Angel

pray in one hand and spit in the other, see which hand fills up first.
25-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Cut her loose. She will only get crazier with age.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
25-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Removing religion from the whole thing I will say this, it's really hard to pretend to be what you aren't for any length of time. Having to pretend to be something other than who you are is not what you want in a relationship.

Get out while you can; before you are in too deep with property or kids.

Find someone who accepts you as you are...she doesn't.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
26-07-2014, 05:52 AM
You made the classic mistake (one that I've made in the past)- thinking that compromise will work.

Compromise doesn't exist for a True Believer- not for someone whose identity is so invested in the belief.

Also, compromise is when you both give a little. When it's just one person...that's just giving in/sacrificing.

I have someone like this in my life. The only defense I've come up with that works is saying "no" firmly- this type of person sees any bending as an opportunity and will never be satisfied with anything less than full conversion. Though this route doesn't seem like an option in your case.

I wish you luck with getting over her. Seems like you might be ready to bite the bullet. Don't sacrifice who you are for someone else- you'll end up hating them and yourself.
[+] 2 users Like freed's post
26-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.

I agree with everyone. Your relationship is dead, and if it's not, it's in it's final death.

You love this girl that you are failing to see how abusive she is being.

She can't love you unless you are Christian. Imagine if you were a black man and she was telling you that she could only love you if you were white.

Non-belief is part of who you are, just as it's apart of who she is. You cannot be compatible with someone who would honestly let go of a steering wheel with you in the car to "let Jesus take over." http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22...orcyclist/

This kind of thinking (that Jesus is in everything and responsible for everything) is dangerous even in the most innocuous of settings.

I know you will be sad for awhile, but remember this: there are approximately 40,000,000 women that you could be happy with. You will find someone else, who is compatible with you, that makes you wonder why you were willing to compromise any part of you. Especially a part of you that is this big.

The issue that's under conflict is irrelevant. She's unwilling to compromise. That's a bad precedent this early in the relationship - when things are suppose to be easy.

She knew when she started dating you that you were an atheist. Shame on her for trying to change you. That's basically saying to you, "you aren't good enough."

Shame on you for trying to change her, also.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
26-07-2014, 03:26 PM
In fairness...a lot of men think with their dicks instead of their brains. You have at least realized that you have a problem.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]