Just a Bunch of Rambling About Me and My Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 02:04 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Just a Bunch of Rambling About Me and My Issues
"quacks like a duck and demands rights under the First Amendment--and gets them; that's a religion. And if it isn't? It's too much like one for me"

Nonsence.

The First Ammendment to the Constituion of the United States does not grant rights to religion.

The Establishment Clause prohibts the establishment of RELIGION, and the Free Exercise Clause, grants EVERYONE, (not just religionists, or any other sub category), the freedom of free exercise. The operational definition of religion is not dependant on it's appeal to the First Ammendment. Atheism exists in all parts of the world, not just in the United States.

Religionists, (and in this case the mistaken notion that "absence in a belief, is the belief in absence"), and/or non-religionists, do not "demand rights' under the First Ammendment, as specfic sub-groups. The rights are granted, a priori, to EVERYONE, religious or not. Religion is the specific, not the general. Atheists do not "demand" rights, because they have already been granted them. They just insist that they receive equal treatment for rights ALREADY granted.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-05-2012, 07:04 PM
(15-05-2012 06:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "quacks like a duck and demands rights under the First Amendment--and gets them; that's a religion. And if it isn't? It's too much like one for me"

Nonsence.

The First Ammendment to the Constituion of the United States does not grant rights to relgion.

The Establishment Clause prohibts the establishment of RELIGION, and the Free Exercise Clause, grants EVERYONE, (not just religioninsts, or any other sub category), the freedom of free exercise. The operational definition of religion is not dependant on it's appeal to the First Ammendment. Atheism exists in all parts of the world, not just in the United States.

Religionists, (and in this case the mistaken notion that absence in a belief, is the belief in absence"), and/or non-religionistss, do not "demand rights' under the First Ammendment, as specfic sub-groups. The rights are granted, a priori, to EVERYONE, religious or not. Religion is the specific, not the general. Atheists do not "demand" rights, because they have already been granted them. They just insist that they receive equal treatment for rights ALREADY granted.

That's very good. ... Except for that whole business with the comic sans font which always causes me to spaz a bit in order to read. Like when I'm reading a paper under a flickering fluorescent light. I can do it, but I have to spaz a bit. Wink ...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-05-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 07:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-05-2012 07:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 06:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "quacks like a duck and demands rights under the First Amendment--and gets them; that's a religion. And if it isn't? It's too much like one for me"

Nonsence.

The First Ammendment to the Constituion of the United States does not grant rights to relgion.

The Establishment Clause prohibts the establishment of RELIGION, and the Free Exercise Clause, grants EVERYONE, (not just religioninsts, or any other sub category), the freedom of free exercise. The operational definition of religion is not dependant on it's appeal to the First Ammendment. Atheism exists in all parts of the world, not just in the United States.

Religionists, (and in this case the mistaken notion that absence in a belief, is the belief in absence"), and/or non-religionistss, do not "demand rights' under the First Ammendment, as specfic sub-groups. The rights are granted, a priori, to EVERYONE, religious or not. Religion is the specific, not the general. Atheists do not "demand" rights, because they have already been granted them. They just insist that they receive equal treatment for rights ALREADY granted.

That's very good. ... Except for that whole business with the comic sans font which always causes me to spaz a bit in order to read. Like when I'm reading a paper under a flickering fluorescent light. I can do it, but I have to spaz a bit. Wink ...

Comic Sans is a disability. I was born that way. I demand my rights. Weeping
But the "spaz" thing is interesting. My bullshit detector starts going off, and I also spaz. Sometimes i don't even know why .. and it takes a while to figure out what's bugging me about some posts.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-05-2012, 11:53 PM

(15-05-2012 06:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm liking the new "I want to stop being an asshole" Egor. Thumbsup

Me, too. It's so much easier to chill out than to think about how you're going to blow up the Earth every minute you're awake.

Quote:Don't think it needs to be determined (Dunno why we even feel this seemingly insatiable need for certainty? Feels like an exercise in futility to me cause we already know we ain't gonna find it. Ain't logically possible.), but it's worth exploring. Practically, Girly couldn't give a shit either way but it is worthy of academic discourse. Here's a link to an article I found interesting. You may or may not find it interesting. The Unobservable Mind.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote:Bullshit. I don't believe in no gods, but I still read the Red Letters of the New Testament regularly as needed. Hell, I get even more inspiration from them now than I did as a Christian some 35 years ago now. ... And reading just the Red Letters I ain't at all sure that Jesus wasn't an atheist and all the "My father's" weren't just allegorical references to the Golden Rule. Don't see much difference myself between the Red Letters and the precepts of Buddhism.

You actually have a very interesting point. Jesus believed that he and The Father were one. If they are one, then Jesus is God and God can't have a god.

Quote:Ain't no metaphysics other than personal metaphysics. Sharing it is a personal call, but proselytizing it is an abomination to the premise that there ain't no metaphysics other than personal metaphysics. Veridicanism ain't dead, Veridicanism has been absorbed into your personal metaphysics. I don't see nothing wrong with that. Wink

Again, good point. Thumbsup
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
16-05-2012, 12:25 AM
(15-05-2012 11:53 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 06:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm liking the new "I want to stop being an asshole" Egor. Thumbsup

Me, too. It's so much easier to chill out than to think about how you're going to blow up the Earth every minute you're awake.

Quote:Don't think it needs to be determined (Dunno why we even feel this seemingly insatiable need for certainty? Feels like an exercise in futility to me cause we already know we ain't gonna find it. Ain't logically possible.), but it's worth exploring. Practically, Girly couldn't give a shit either way but it is worthy of academic discourse. Here's a link to an article I found interesting. You may or may not find it interesting. The Unobservable Mind.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote:Bullshit. I don't believe in no gods, but I still read the Red Letters of the New Testament regularly as needed. Hell, I get even more inspiration from them now than I did as a Christian some 35 years ago now. ... And reading just the Red Letters I ain't at all sure that Jesus wasn't an atheist and all the "My father's" weren't just allegorical references to the Golden Rule. Don't see much difference myself between the Red Letters and the precepts of Buddhism.

You actually have a very interesting point. Jesus believed that he and The Father were one. If they are one, then Jesus is God and God can't have a god.

Quote:Ain't no metaphysics other than personal metaphysics. Sharing it is a personal call, but proselytizing it is an abomination to the premise that there ain't no metaphysics other than personal metaphysics. Veridicanism ain't dead, Veridicanism has been absorbed into your personal metaphysics. I don't see nothing wrong with that. Wink

Again, good point. Thumbsup
If higher cosmic beings exist they may or may not give a rat's about any of we wee earthlings.

You need to loosen up more, forget the aim for fame and write for pleasure and on going enligtenment.

My book Who is This God?.....Zeus Publications Queensland, cost me a lot financially, what with a shonky publisher and crooked on line retailers but I still enjoyed writing it in 2007, despite the fact that I now disagree with a good deal of what I then wrote. Paul. Murchison aka Mr Woof.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
16-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Hello Egor. Let me try and help you, as usual...

Quote: Religion and God are not the same thing.
THIS is the most basic of all thoughts you need to have in your head all the time. This is the main reason you are not associated with Christianity any more and it is the sole reason for you to make your own Gospel (religion). Being a theist can be a very bad thing for you, for people around you and for the future of mankind, if you do not understand this fundamental sentence all hell can break loose.

Some time ago you have renounced your religion (Christianity) and you have "made" yourself a new one. Now, at that time we (me) were not sure how things will go on for you. This path you took is the best possible. See now, if you want to push on with Veridicanism and to spread it around the world, you would just become "one of them". One of those crazy preachers that tell BS stories and take peoples money. Since you are not that kind of person, you have realised this (maybe from a bit different perspective) and you have changed your ways in time.

Your beliefs, your dedication, your connection and communication with your God has nothing to do with any Gospels, religions of any name, spreading that idea around the world... It is about how you live, how you think, how you will affect those around you, not with words but with your actions and will to be a better person. That is true way of the believer. Live and let live.

As for your thought on how you made a Gospel and God is there to spread it, no He is not, He (or She) gave you a free will and He does not interfere in the work of man, He only listens and watches us, He never acts directly. So there would be no "help" from Him to spread your Word of God, it is up to you to do it, if you still want to. Or so are my thoughts on this "God" entity...

Now look at your life in the last few years... Think about how angry and nervous you were last year when you were fighting everyone with your beliefs about God, and look at you now when you have stopped. Are you not much more relaxed and in peace with yourself now? Don't you think that if you have found your peace (or are on the way to) that you are doing something right? I think you do, I think this is not just your "new Egor", this is your realisation about how easily money and power (any religion...) can corrupt people and taint their souls. On the other hand it shows you how God and belief (but without religion) can make you calm and in balance.

Draw your own conclusions, believe in your God and enjoy in that feeling. Do not fight someone else's battles, because in the end you only loose yourself in them, there is no God in battles. Except the God of Battle, but you do not believe in that one.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-05-2012, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 08:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Speaking of bullshit detection, ...

The statement in John , (10:30), that "the father and I are one" is the ONLY place in the 4 canonical (gospels), that that claim is placed in the mouth of Yeshua ben Joseph by a gospel writer, (and that claim is not even on the list of the sayings disputed by the Jesus Seminar, (150 PhD scripture scholars), (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Seminar#Authentic_sayings.2C_as_determined_by_the_seminar ), and in fact the claim reflects the unique Gnostic bias of that writer, (of John) to such as obvious extent, and reveals such an obvious Greek influence, ("being one"), that Yeshua could not possibly have ever thought in those terms, and since the claim is made ONLY by a Gnostic writer, the claim can be completely discounted. (And BTW, the two unique sayings in Gospel of Thomas, a "proto-Gnostic", are not even in dispute by scholars. Yeshua did not actually say them). The fact the the writer of the Veridician Gospel is totally unaware of the generally accepted scholarly details of Biblical exegesis, and ancient philosophical historical details, and generally accepted historical-critical detail and yet still felt compelled to "bastardise" the gospels, by "combining" them, reflects such an astounding ignorance, (to say nothing of phenomenal arrogance), that any scholar is simply left speachless. Quoting the Johaninne text used thus, to refute the Trinity, actually does not refute the Trinity, but only displays the ignorance, yet again, of Said Poster, of the details of Ancient History, and the subject he thinks he is speaking about, yet (obviously) knows nothing about.

Speaking of the general and the specific...

Said Poster keeps prattling on about the "monistic god", even while refuting himself, in his own thread, (http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-Argument-Against-the-Judeo-Christian-God ), stating the specific (Judeo Christian .. ), is refuted by the general, yet unable to explain how the monistic "entity" is any different, from his general, which raises the question of whether Said even knows what Monism, (a specific form of the general.. Idealism), is, and what is obviously wrong with it, (since he can't recognize Gnosticism when he sees it).

Edited by poster. Sorry. No offense intended, (just being assertive .. something I have a problem with. Also death in family) ..

16-05-2012, 07:00 AM
I'm thinking Bucky had too many wipeouts yesterday. Tongue

And prophets don't hafta credit scholarship. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-05-2012, 11:39 AM
(15-05-2012 05:53 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 12:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sounds to me like you've taken the first step into discovering that a God either flat out doesn't exist or does not interfere or care to interfere with humans. It'll be a few years, but I have a feeling you'll come to that conclusion.

I didn't say that, Carlo did.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-05-2012, 11:41 AM

(16-05-2012 12:25 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If higher cosmic beings exist they may or may not give a rat's about any of we wee earthlings.

If God is monistic in nature, then there is no other being that exists. There is only God. So, while a dualistic God (e.g., a deistic one) might not care about the wee creatures He created, a monistic God has to, given that our experiences are ultimately His experiences.

Quote:You need to loosen up more, forget the aim for fame and write for pleasure and on going enligtenment.

My book Who is This God?.....Zeus Publications Queensland, cost me a lot financially, what with a shonky publisher and crooked on line retailers but I still enjoyed writing it in 2007, despite the fact that I now disagree with a good deal of what I then wrote. Paul. Murchison aka Mr Woof.

I checked your book out the best I could online, but it seems it's not available. It's not listed at all on Amazon or at Barnes and Noble. But I was able to read one review of it, and it sounds interesting. I would like to read it. I didn't find it listed at Zeus Publications, so I assume it's out of print. Yes/No?

(16-05-2012 12:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hello Egor. Let me try and help you, as usual...

In the future, if you want me to read what you write (and perhaps you don't care if I do), don't start off your post that way. Because, if you ask me, I really don't think there's anything you're going to be able to say that I haven't already thought about.

Quote:Religion and God are not the same thing.

THIS is the most basic of all thoughts you need to have in your head all the time.

I know; that's why I wrote it.

Quote:This is the main reason you are not associated with Christianity any more and it is the sole reason for you to make your own Gospel (religion). Being a theist can be a very bad thing for you, for people around you and for the future of mankind, if you do not understand this fundamental sentence all hell can break loose.

Being an atheist can be a very bad thing for you, too.

Quote:Some time ago you have renounced your religion (Christianity) and you have "made" yourself a new one. Now, at that time we (me) were not sure how things will go on for you. This path you took is the best possible.

For the record, Veridicanism started in 1993. I have always been a Veridican, but at times I have not known whether Veridicanism was just another type of Christianity or if it was it's own thing. There are two variations of Veridicanism (and I have bounced around between them from the very beginning) First there is the Christian-like version (The trinity, heaven, hell, God, judgment day, historical Jesus, etc.). Then there is the new age version (The monistic entity of fundamental consciousness, the lucid spiritual plane, monism, reincarnation, and the teachings of Jesus along with others like the Buddha). Currently, I am following the new age path, and I think it’s going to stick. I’m older now, and I don’t have the energy to keep going back and forth, and I really don’t believe the Christian form any more.

Quote:See now, if you want to push on with Veridicanism and to spread it around the world, you would just become "one of them". One of those crazy preachers that tell BS stories and take peoples money. Since you are not that kind of person, you have realised this (maybe from a bit different perspective) and you have changed your ways in time.

What you say is very true. If you want to spread a religion, you have to be willing to take advantage of people. You have to rip them off, or it just won’t work. Even Jesus wasn’t able to spread a new religion in his lifetime. Christianity came after his death. At the time he died, even his closest disciples had abandoned him.

Quote:Your beliefs, your dedication, your connection and communication with your God has nothing to do with any Gospels, religions of any name, spreading that idea around the world... It is about how you live, how you think, how you will affect those around you, not with words but with your actions and will to be a better person. That is true way of the believer. Live and let live.

I agree.

Quote:As for your thought on how you made a Gospel and God is there to spread it, no He is not, He (or She) gave you a free will and He does not interfere in the work of man, He only listens and watches us, He never acts directly. So there would be no "help" from Him to spread your Word of God, it is up to you to do it, if you still want to. Or so are my thoughts on this "God" entity...

You seem to have a dualistic notion of God (i.e., that God and His creation are separate things). I don’t believe in that kind of god. In fact, I find that God utterly impossible.

Quote:Now look at your life in the last few years... Think about how angry and nervous you were last year when you were fighting everyone with your beliefs about God, and look at you now when you have stopped. Are you not much more relaxed and in peace with yourself now? Don't you think that if you have found your peace (or are on the way to) that you are doing something right? I think you do, I think this is not just your "new Egor", this is your realisation about how easily money and power (any religion...) can corrupt people and taint their souls. On the other hand it shows you how God and belief (but without religion) can make you calm and in balance.

Sure. I’d go along with that.

Quote:Draw your own conclusions, believe in your God and enjoy in that feeling. Do not fight someone else's battles, because in the end you only loose yourself in them, there is no God in battles. Except the God of Battle, but you do not believe in that one. Smile

Well, we did name our newest dog Athena.

(16-05-2012 07:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm thinking Bucky had too many wipeouts yesterday. Tongue

And prophets don't hafta credit scholarship. Big Grin

Yeah, he definitely needs to calm down.

As for the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, it’s like this: If people read it and their lives are changed as a result, then it is inspired by God. If not, then it’s not. If it is inspired by God, it doesn’t matter what any other person or scholar says. If it’s not inspired by God, then it doesn’t matter—it’s worthless.
Quote this message in a reply