Just a Bunch of Rambling About Me and My Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2012, 11:43 AM

RE: Just a Bunch of Rambling About Me and My Issues
(16-05-2012 11:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't say that, Carlo did.

Sorry about that. Unsure
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey Egor,
Just out of curiousity, can you describe how your current way of thinking on monism either differs or is the same from a New Age idea of spiritualism, or Buddhism? Just wondering, is all. Thanks.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2012, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 08:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-05-2012 11:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  If people read it and their lives are changed as a result, then it is inspired by God. If not, then it’s not. If it is inspired by God, it doesn’t matter what any other person or scholar says. If it’s not inspired by God, then it doesn’t matter—it’s worthless. d it and their lives are changed as a result, then it is inspired by God.

I read Mein Kamph. My life was changed. Therefore it was inspired ??????

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-05-2012, 04:24 AM
(16-05-2012 11:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-05-2012 12:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hello Egor. Let me try and help you, as usual...

In the future, if you want me to read what you write (and perhaps you don't care if I do), don't start off your post that way. Because, if you ask me, I really don't think there's anything you're going to be able to say that I haven't already thought about.
Oh yeah, I do sound like an asshole talking like this, right? I kinda do this on purpose, but I fail to realize how this can be annoying to some people, stupid even. I apologise, it was not my intention to sound so pompouse, or actually it was, but in a sarcastic way. Should try to avoid that in a serious thread like this one.

Glad you agreed with the rest of the post, more or less.

Thumbsup

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
17-05-2012, 11:32 AM

(16-05-2012 11:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Egor,
Just out of curiousity, can you describe how your current way of thinking on monism either differs or is the same from a New Age idea of spiritualism, or Buddhism? Just wondering, is all. Thanks.

Frankly, I've tried and I really don't understand the concept of God from the Buddhist perspective. Some believe Buddha is God, some think there is no God but that everything simply is the way it is and always has been (which runs contrary to the idea of the big bang), and some see God monistically, as I do. So, I really don't know how the concept of the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness fits with Buddhism.

It is definitely a new age concept; however, the new age is far to diverse to have any standard definition of God.
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2012, 12:21 AM
(17-05-2012 11:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  It is definitely a new age concept; however, the new age is far to diverse to have any standard definition of God.
Very true, and I wouldn't ask for more clarification than that because it would make me sleepy. Sleepy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel